^winning; oh and welcome great to have you here, I expect this theread will benefit highly from your help :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:39 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:24 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 235post #3512 of 115022/27/13 at 3:04ampost #3513 of 115022/27/13 at 4:02ampost #3514 of 115022/27/13 at 4:49ampost #3515 of 115022/27/13 at 6:31amQuote:
Very nice indeed. So they are essentially similar to Northcote, but with broguing? May I ask what is the size in US and UK? Is the RRP higher or lower than Northcotes. I have recently got Northcotes and very happy with them. So thinking about a second pair of CJ boots.post #3516 of 115022/27/13 at 6:58amQuote:
I don't have personal experience with the Northcote, but I've shopped/ogled it quite a bit. I think your assessment is correct - essentially the Northcote with brogueing (plus the heel piece on the Ludlow isn't present on the Northcote).
Mine is a 10.5D US (which, again based on a lot of online hunting, is probably a 9.5UK). Note that I have 10.5+ feet (my left is probably a 10.6 and my right is a 10.75'ish) and they fit me perfect, so my sense is they run a little large. I was really concerned with the narrow last, particularly the toebox because on my right foot where my stupid pinky toe protrudes, but so far so good.
Aside from them being boots, I don't see the Northcote and Ludlow overlapping enough in a rotation to prevent having both. With the brogueing/medallion, they'll both present entirely differently when poking out from under your trousers.
edit: you re-piqued my interest in the Northcote so I revisited some images and, especially now having the Ludlow, they appear to be on much different lasts. As noted early, I'm no C&J last expert, but to my eye the Northcote appears more rounded while the Ludlow is narrower with a more chiseled toe. Maybe it's the pics I'm looking at, but that's my take now. In which case I'd say they'd definitely do fine in a single wardrobe and wouldn't stylistically overlap much if at all.post #3517 of 115022/27/13 at 7:15amQuote:Thank you for the detailed response.
My feet are inbetween 10.5 and 11 US. Probably D width. From my experience with Conistons (lovely boots as well), the UK size in CJ for me is 10. Now, since Northcotes are on 348 last I was a bit worried. However, several years ago I bought a Baldessarini bluchers that happened to be made by CJ and to be on 348 last. And they fit me quite well. So I got Northcotes 10 UK, they are a bit roomy with thin socks, but nice in any case.
I was thinking about buying a new pair of Conistons OR black Northcotes OR (now that I know such a boot exists) Ludlow.
The problem with Conistons or any other "country" boot -they look funny with formal pants/suits.post #3518 of 115022/27/13 at 7:41ampost #3519 of 115022/27/13 at 8:23amQuote:
As a boot nut I mostly agree. My fewer country type boots (even my Lindrick's, which kind of span the country/city space) only get duty with odd jacket/trouser combos that are more country'ish too - flannels and such. I don't have any suits like that, but if I did the same sort of sensability would apply.
That's where the Ludlows really shine for me, even with the speed hooks and brogueing (which lend that country type feel), the shape and construction looks great even with a more conservative suit.
Edited by razl - 2/27/13 at 7:34pmpost #3520 of 115022/27/13 at 11:16ampost #3521 of 115022/27/13 at 12:04pm
A question for those who are familiar with both UK and US sized C&J. Has anyone purchased from Barney's recently? If so, would you say that their size conversions are accurate (ie. 10EUK=11DUS). Or a full size conversion. Neither the box or shoe was labeled with UK size. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!post #3522 of 115022/27/13 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by pennzi12
A question for those who are familiar with both UK and US sized C&J. Has anyone purchased from Barney's recently? If so, would you say that their size conversions are accurate (ie. 10EUK=11DUS). Or a full size conversion. Neither the box or shoe was labeled with UK size. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I ordered a pair of Islays and went strictly by their sizing and it worked out (TTS) just right for me. If in doubt order 2 and return the one that doesn't work for you.post #3523 of 115022/27/13 at 12:47pmpost #3524 of 115022/27/13 at 3:17pmpost #3525 of 115022/27/13 at 3:18pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Quick Release Belt Size 34 8 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap : St. Crispin's + Carmina NIB Shoe Sample Sale // Creed... 20 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 24 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding