^winning; oh and welcome great to have you here, I expect this theread will benefit highly from your help :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:47 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 235
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3512 of 111042/27/13 at 3:04ampost #3513 of 111042/27/13 at 4:02ampost #3514 of 111042/27/13 at 4:49ampost #3515 of 111042/27/13 at 6:31amQuote:
Very nice indeed. So they are essentially similar to Northcote, but with broguing? May I ask what is the size in US and UK? Is the RRP higher or lower than Northcotes. I have recently got Northcotes and very happy with them. So thinking about a second pair of CJ boots.post #3516 of 111042/27/13 at 6:58amQuote:
I don't have personal experience with the Northcote, but I've shopped/ogled it quite a bit. I think your assessment is correct - essentially the Northcote with brogueing (plus the heel piece on the Ludlow isn't present on the Northcote).
Mine is a 10.5D US (which, again based on a lot of online hunting, is probably a 9.5UK). Note that I have 10.5+ feet (my left is probably a 10.6 and my right is a 10.75'ish) and they fit me perfect, so my sense is they run a little large. I was really concerned with the narrow last, particularly the toebox because on my right foot where my stupid pinky toe protrudes, but so far so good.
Aside from them being boots, I don't see the Northcote and Ludlow overlapping enough in a rotation to prevent having both. With the brogueing/medallion, they'll both present entirely differently when poking out from under your trousers.
edit: you re-piqued my interest in the Northcote so I revisited some images and, especially now having the Ludlow, they appear to be on much different lasts. As noted early, I'm no C&J last expert, but to my eye the Northcote appears more rounded while the Ludlow is narrower with a more chiseled toe. Maybe it's the pics I'm looking at, but that's my take now. In which case I'd say they'd definitely do fine in a single wardrobe and wouldn't stylistically overlap much if at all.post #3517 of 111042/27/13 at 7:15amQuote:Thank you for the detailed response.
My feet are inbetween 10.5 and 11 US. Probably D width. From my experience with Conistons (lovely boots as well), the UK size in CJ for me is 10. Now, since Northcotes are on 348 last I was a bit worried. However, several years ago I bought a Baldessarini bluchers that happened to be made by CJ and to be on 348 last. And they fit me quite well. So I got Northcotes 10 UK, they are a bit roomy with thin socks, but nice in any case.
I was thinking about buying a new pair of Conistons OR black Northcotes OR (now that I know such a boot exists) Ludlow.
The problem with Conistons or any other "country" boot -they look funny with formal pants/suits.post #3518 of 111042/27/13 at 7:41ampost #3519 of 111042/27/13 at 8:23amQuote:
As a boot nut I mostly agree. My fewer country type boots (even my Lindrick's, which kind of span the country/city space) only get duty with odd jacket/trouser combos that are more country'ish too - flannels and such. I don't have any suits like that, but if I did the same sort of sensability would apply.
That's where the Ludlows really shine for me, even with the speed hooks and brogueing (which lend that country type feel), the shape and construction looks great even with a more conservative suit.
Edited by razl - 2/27/13 at 7:34pmpost #3520 of 111042/27/13 at 11:16ampost #3521 of 111042/27/13 at 12:04pm
A question for those who are familiar with both UK and US sized C&J. Has anyone purchased from Barney's recently? If so, would you say that their size conversions are accurate (ie. 10EUK=11DUS). Or a full size conversion. Neither the box or shoe was labeled with UK size. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!post #3522 of 111042/27/13 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by pennzi12
A question for those who are familiar with both UK and US sized C&J. Has anyone purchased from Barney's recently? If so, would you say that their size conversions are accurate (ie. 10EUK=11DUS). Or a full size conversion. Neither the box or shoe was labeled with UK size. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I ordered a pair of Islays and went strictly by their sizing and it worked out (TTS) just right for me. If in doubt order 2 and return the one that doesn't work for you.post #3523 of 111042/27/13 at 12:47pmpost #3524 of 111042/27/13 at 3:17pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 14 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 17 minutes ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...