Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:38 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:47 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 213post #3181 of 110971/15/13 at 3:19pmSo can anyone confirm whether the Audley III is replacing the Audley worldwide or if it is simply a Japan-only model? I was planning on buying the Audley literally this week, but would rather hold out for the Audley III based on this magazine scan. As always, I thank the forum for its omnipotence and benevolence.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3182 of 110971/15/13 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by stevent
These just popped up any idea on last? Kopped a pair hoping it fits
Whoa! Did they have many sizes? All gone now ...post #3183 of 110971/15/13 at 4:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Chicagobred
So can anyone confirm whether the Audley III is replacing the Audley worldwide or if it is simply a Japan-only model? I was planning on buying the Audley literally this week, but would rather hold out for the Audley III based on this magazine scan. As always, I thank the forum for its omnipotence and benevolence.
Will be going to Japan (Tokio) in a few weeks, who sells C&J and where?
Thanks.post #3184 of 110971/15/13 at 5:10pmQuote:
Unless you are really dying to own a Japan-only model, don't buy your C&Js in Japan because, as indicated earlier in the thread, you will pay a massive premium to do so. C&Js in Japan cost about $300 more than they do in the US/UK.
Anyway, there are quite a few places that stock C&J in Tokyo, including the shoe basement in the Isetan Men's Annex in Shinjuku, in other department stores such as Takashimaya Times Square in Shinjuku, and "Lifegear - Trading Post" in Ginza, Shibuya and Aoyama.post #3185 of 110971/15/13 at 5:19pmpost #3186 of 110971/15/13 at 5:42pmpost #3187 of 110971/15/13 at 5:43pmpost #3188 of 110971/15/13 at 5:44pmpost #3189 of 110971/15/13 at 9:48pmQuote:
+1 to Journeyman for buying C&J elsewhere unless you want Japan only models.
Other than where Journeyman mentioned, major menswear stores such as United Arrows, Beams, Tomorrowland、Ships, Barneys) and slew of other smaller retailers carry C&J. Theres probably over 50 retailers handling C&J shoes in Tokyo. Perhaps due to the large market, and the buying power of the Japanese distributors (Griffin International being the largest), C&J's always been quite accommodating to making unique models (make-ups), and each of the major retailors (Beams, UA etc...) have their series of exclusive models, sometimes made from their own supplied last. UA's exclusive models use the last 349, Trading Post has their exclusive last 360 shoes. The last 367 mentioned earlier (Audley III) is probably exclusive to Isetan. Btw there's also an "Audley II' model based on 337.
Beams's newest exclusive: Bayswater Chukka Last 200
More interesting models in the past involve C&J's collaboration with local bespoke maker (Guild of Crafts). Guild designed the shoes and the last (Last G44). and C&J produced them.
C&J + Guild of Crafts: "Rusty" Last G44post #3190 of 110971/15/13 at 11:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wish Barneys had stock, somebody bought in NY before Ryan could get it for me
10,5 and 11 I bought the 11spost #3191 of 110971/16/13 at 6:25ampost #3192 of 110971/16/13 at 7:01ampost #3193 of 110971/16/13 at 7:14ampost #3194 of 110971/16/13 at 7:15am
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Currently, there are 1611 Active Users (422 Members and 1189 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 45 seconds ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › NWT Inis Meain Linen Fisherman Sweater - White, XL 6 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...