Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 8:28 am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 209post #3122 of 118661/8/13 at 10:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by kwhunter
Go bespoke; there is a 1:10,000 chances a RTW made shoe will fit you well in the same size but different last.
I am between an US9.5 and a 10; I bought all my C&J shoes in an UK size 9, all of them.
I still have 3:one on last 363, one on last 358, and one on last 41 (yes, that is a 15 y.o. tassel loafer...)
They are all size 9, the first 2 on the slight loose side, the 3rd is snug, but the last is much shorter. I have a higher instep and sizing down is not an option; I've done it once and it was a pain. I prefer my shoes a little loose than tight; i love my feet and I need them in good condition for many years to come.
1:10,000 chances?post #3123 of 118661/8/13 at 11:37pmSearched a few pages hoping to find the answer but no luck. Anyone familiar with what model this could be? Looks like a Coniston with different eyelets and sole.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #3124 of 118661/9/13 at 3:56amQuote:Originally Posted by raulishere
Searched a few pages hoping to find the answer but no luck. Anyone familiar with what model this could be? Looks like a Coniston with different eyelets and sole. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Probably a special make up for a retailer, it's similar to the coniston but differ for eyelets, last (240 usually used by peal&co) and for the flat welt and double leather sole.
It's really nice.post #3125 of 118661/9/13 at 4:03amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
i come to pose a curious question for you CJ aficionados.
i generally wear a US12, so when i purchased my first CJs almost 2 years ago, i ordered them in a UK11. and iirc, that was based off of some light SF reading. i ordered the edgware, which comes in an E width on the 348 last. they were too large, so i re-ordered in size UK10.5. they fit well, but not perfect. definitely closer to being loose than tight. so i might say i should wear a UK10.25 in the edgware. sadly that does not exist.
my next purchase came a few months ago. the westfield. it also comes in an E width, but on the 341 last. i ordered again in a size UK10.5, and they turned out to be painfully tight, even after half a dozen full day wears or so. so i repurchased them in a UK11. which turns out are slightly large out of the box. i put in some dr scholls and now they are just fine, and actually i find the dr scholls insole to be more comfortable than the CJ insole anyways (blasphemy, i know). again, it seems a UK10.75 in the westfield would be perfect, but alas, that size does not exist either.
1. anyone find that no CJ in any size fits them quite perfectly?
2. anyone have similar sizing differences on these 2 CJ lasts, or on any 2 different lasts?
sidebar - this is not a complaint, i love both of my CJs. it is just a curious inquiry.
I have the 348, which I find a bit narrow in a 7.5UK and the 363 boot last, which I find to be nearly perfect in an 8UK. But, with boots, due to the ankle lacing, there's much less chance of heel slippage, which was the problem with the 348 in size 8.
I'm an 8.5US on the brannock. I have narrow heels, so heel slippage is common, but I have flat feet that spread out, so a narrow shoe doesn't fit on the ball, even though it's perfect on the heel.post #3126 of 118661/9/13 at 4:42ampost #3127 of 118661/9/13 at 9:12amQuote:
Looks alot like the C&J for BB Black Fleece boot I have. Mine are dark brown grain calf.post #3128 of 118661/9/13 at 9:34am
Sorry for the late reply, busy day!
At first they were so tight i was going to sell them (picked them up at B&S) but i just put them on during evening when i watched TV and after 2-3 of those sessions they were ok. When i started to walk in them they stretched more and after maybe 3-4 times they got really comfy. Now i can wear them all day but when i got them maybe 2h. I´m happy i didn´t sell them and took a UK7.5 instead.
This is tricky. I always try 0.5 size under what i think is best just for reference so i always feel confident i took the best size. After one year of use i have several shoes that i think i could have gone with the 0.5 smaller size (they fit fine but lost that snug fit) but i know i´ve tried that size and they were too small. So i´ve came to the conclusion that i´m UK 7.25 in most shoes...post #3129 of 118661/9/13 at 4:56pmpost #3130 of 118661/10/13 at 4:18amThe variations always intrigued me. Theoretically, the girth of the shoes from each respective line (HG, BG) should be fairly similar except length and toe shape (since C&J has a set of trees for each line). However, this does not seem the case.
Today: Somerville with matching uppers and shaft in brown calfpost #3131 of 118661/10/13 at 8:03amQuote:
I have the wholecut weymouth in 337 and the Chukka boot Chepstow in 325 so its not really the best comparison, but
I'd say the 325 is roomier in every way.
I dont think you will have any problem with it being too narrow.post #3132 of 118661/10/13 at 8:28ampost #3133 of 118661/10/13 at 8:45amQuote:
Just my experience with both brands, I find (when) you get better finishing with Alden shell and obviously more variety but C&J hands down has better construction, quality, and consistency. Alden does casual better than C&J and vice versa for sleekness.post #3134 of 118661/10/13 at 8:47amQuote:
I have yet to have any quality issues with any of my Alden's but I have read a number threads were people have had. I don't remember reading any threads were people have had quality issues with C&J, but imagine there may be some who have. Not sure if this has to do with more Alden's being purchased or C&J doing a better job of quality control, but I do get the feeling C&J does a better job in regards to quality control.
The one thing Alden tends to get right and better than most if not all others is the luster of their shell.
For me however the choice has more to do with design than questions of quality because so far my experience has been equally great in regards to quality.
Edited by dddrees - 1/10/13 at 8:58ampost #3135 of 118661/10/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
There are several threads and many posts which discuss quality issues of many manufacturers including C&J actually.
However I feel I agree with earlier post regarding Crockett's superior construction.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 15 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Things You Think You Know: Myth Busting in Classic Menswear 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE - JULY 29, 2016 - LOCAL CHALLENGE 3 minutes ago
- › Denimbruin 2016 Friday-Sunday July 29,30,31 SF, Bay Area Denim,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 7 minutes ago
- › If you wear TASSEL loafers, what is your age?? 8 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 8 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding