Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 5:35 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 202
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3017 of 1110912/26/12 at 4:56ampost #3018 of 1110912/26/12 at 10:19amCan anyone comment on whether C&J sold in the U.S. are sized the same as BB Peals? For example, I find the Peal Algonquin on the 325 last is an excellent fit for my feet and I'd like to keep an eye out for a pair of C&J Pembroke brogues, also on the 325 last - would a Peal US10.5 be the same as as Crockett US10.5?post #3019 of 1110912/26/12 at 10:20ampost #3020 of 1110912/26/12 at 10:27ampost #3021 of 1110912/26/12 at 10:55amQuote:
I bought mine for about GBP430 from the UK (including trees); in the US you will probably end up paying 435 x exchange rate + 20% and you can buy them here (scroll down):post #3022 of 1110912/26/12 at 11:25amQuote:Originally Posted by stevent
Got my first handgrades from Barneys sale today, the Clifford and damn they are nice, first shoe with a full leather insole
Also have a pair in 10.5D Barneys size (US size I believe) if anybody wants them before I return, just a little loose for my brother. Price was $359 + $30 tax
edit: Brother now says he wants to keep, but he is indecisive so we'll see
Wait a second, Barney's is selling handgrade Crockett and Jones on sale for $359 right now? Is this deal available in NYC? Is there anything else in the 337 last available besides the Clifford?post #3023 of 1110912/26/12 at 11:28amQuote:
Selection is slim... I didn't find any C&Js in my size. Better hit them ASAP because they were pretty busy.post #3024 of 1110912/26/12 at 12:23pmQuote:
The Barney's website only shows two models available that are on sale. I'm only really interested in the Clifford if I could get it at that price, but I'd buy it right away if they had it. Does the Madison Ave store have many models on discount besides the two on the website? Or is it better to check a Co-op or other Barney's location in NYC to try to locate Crockett and Jones shoes on sale. I probably only have time to check one store today, and it's pretty rotten outside today as well.post #3025 of 1110912/26/12 at 4:45pmpost #3026 of 1110912/26/12 at 5:47pm
240 last. I have 325 in Lindrick RL Boot and size down 1/2 from US9.5D to US9D. Is this the case with the 240 cordovan last? Looking at BB cordo C&J on somewhat of a sale, rubber sole tho... The C&J Lindrick in 9D and it's not only gorgeous but fit's to a "T" for me. Thought this boot would be a nice addition but the 240 last threw me off.....btw Happy New Year!!!post #3027 of 1110912/26/12 at 10:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by chipshot
240 last. I have 325 in Lindrick RL Boot and size down 1/2 from US9.5D to US9D. Is this the case with the 240 cordovan last? Looking at BB cordo C&J on somewhat of a sale, rubber sole tho... The C&J Lindrick in 9D and it's not only gorgeous but fit's to a "T" for me. Thought this boot would be a nice addition but the 240 last threw me off.....btw Happy New Year!!!
I went TTS for both boots you speak of. The 240 is more snug in my experience.post #3028 of 1110912/27/12 at 4:24ampost #3029 of 1110912/27/12 at 4:57am
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 seconds ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 13 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...