I don't have a beechnut pair but from what I've seen, the Saphir Cognac looks very similar
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:28 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 180
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2687 of 1112811/12/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
My C&J Brunswick's from Robert Olde arrived today (they got them in on Fri morning and DHL'd them from UK to Florida and - viola! - Monday morning by 8a).
I was able to swing by the house at lunch and quickly check them out and try them on. Beeeeeaaaauuutiful. And they feel like a good fit - a touch of slippage in the heel but the front half and toe box feels spot on. Especially in my right foot where the width is a bit bigger than the left and my little toe tends to get crammed. All that feels good, really good, so a pad for the heel area is about all I need.
I have to say these are almost exquisite to handle, certainly my highest quality shoes yet. And, I'm not regretting the purchase in regards to overlapping responsibilities with the Marlow, they'll play two different roles.
I leave on a trip tomorrow but when I get back in a week I'll drop some pics and especially some side by sides with the Marlows. And then, into the rotation!!!post #2688 of 1112811/12/12 at 12:13pmpost #2689 of 1112811/12/12 at 12:28pmpost #2690 of 1112811/12/12 at 12:37pmpost #2691 of 1112811/12/12 at 12:46pmpost #2692 of 1112811/12/12 at 1:54pmpost #2693 of 1112811/12/12 at 3:02pmQuote:
I was assuming the trousers were being lifted up to show more of the boot. That can't possibly be where the trouser leg sits at full extension.post #2694 of 1112811/12/12 at 3:10pmQuote:
Pick a color that's close, but a bit lighter and you're fine. If you feel ambitious, go a shade darker every once in a while. You will build a nice patina. Shoe leather is not like an automobile. No "manual" that tells one the Single proper way to maintain.post #2695 of 1112811/12/12 at 3:12pmQuote:
This is what all the fashionistas want to sell the buyer on now-a-days. High hems, short sleeves... I am dubious. In a year or two, they will tell us the traditional break of fabric is "back" and anyone who followed the trend is F@#KED!
Nice shoes, though!post #2696 of 1112811/12/12 at 3:21pmpost #2697 of 1112811/12/12 at 4:02pm
Could you chaps recommend me a good C&J black dress shoe that could be worn with a suit and smart/casually (jeans/SC)? I'm still working on my staples (navy and charcoal suits on the way, got a decent pair of brown oxfords and need some black shoes). Is it worth going with a dainite rubber sole given that the UK is cold, wet and miserable a lot of the time or would this be a waste for a first C&J buy? I quite like the look of the Talbot and Aintree.post #2698 of 1112811/12/12 at 4:13pmpost #2699 of 1112811/12/12 at 4:14pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 seconds ago
- › SuitSupply quality: Would you exchange this jacket? 10 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond 3 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gitman Bros Lavendar Gingham and Blue Tattersall Shirts - Size Small 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?