which model are you considering? is it shell or calf?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/9/16 at 5:20pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 5:35 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 166post #2476 of 1110910/16/12 at 1:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2477 of 1110910/16/12 at 1:53pmpost #2478 of 1110910/17/12 at 5:19ampost #2479 of 1110910/17/12 at 6:44ampost #2480 of 1110910/17/12 at 7:12ampost #2481 of 1110910/17/12 at 7:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender
It is unusual that CF uses FedEx. I think unless the customer requests so, they always use Royal Mail. Perhaps they made a mistake. Also, I am not suggesting they eat the charges, you do to save the customs hassle, not the cost of shipping. If this is too much, then just pay the custome fees on this one and use Royal Mail in the future.
I disagree. CF defaults to (or defaulted to) FedEx. Mainly because it picks up from the shop; I don't think Royal Mail does. Royal Mail also has a 2 kilo weight limit. If you're buying two or more pairs the FedEx shipping is much cheaper since it can be sent together. In my correspondence w/ Alastair I had to request Royal Mail because it wasn't an option on the website. FedEx doesn't deliver where my mailbox was located at the time, but I also knew I'd be less likely to incur hefty customs and agent fees. FedEx collects a nice fee for its agent service, so it's inclined to present everything to the customs agent.post #2482 of 1110910/17/12 at 8:08amQuote:Originally Posted by curzon
I disagree. CF defaults to (or defaulted to) FedEx. Mainly because it picks up from the shop; I don't think Royal Mail does. Royal Mail also has a 2 kilo weight limit. If you're buying two or more pairs the FedEx shipping is much cheaper since it can be sent together. In my correspondence w/ Alastair I had to request Royal Mail because it wasn't an option on the website. FedEx doesn't deliver where my mailbox was located at the time, but I also knew I'd be less likely to incur hefty customs and agent fees. FedEx collects a nice fee for its agent service, so it's inclined to present everything to the customs agent.post #2483 of 1110910/18/12 at 4:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Saratorial_SplenderQuote:
I think so.
Islay is on the 365 last while the Chiltren is on the 224 last. The 365 last is more generous in the toe however.
Thanks so much!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #2484 of 1110910/18/12 at 6:59ampost #2485 of 1110910/18/12 at 3:23pmBrowsing the shoe scene (as usual). Checked out a pair of C&J Connaught in London.
Quite low cut, so didn't fit that nicely around my ankle, plus the leather's quite soft and supple. Didn't feel very substantial. Prefer a 'tougher' leather, say the stuff that Church's used on the old 100 last.post #2486 of 1110910/19/12 at 9:03ampost #2487 of 1110910/19/12 at 9:19amQuote:
If they come together and feel loose I think the width of the shoe may be too wide, but if they make a large V gap than it is too narrow. This will also depend on how high of an instep you have. People with high insteps will have a hard time getting the two to come together. I don't mind a little V gap on mine.post #2488 of 1110910/19/12 at 11:01ampost #2489 of 1110910/19/12 at 11:32ampost #2490 of 1110910/19/12 at 12:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
Didn't know C&J was or had been offering a string loafer, what's the name of it?
[IMG ALT=""] Hide (Click to show)
Not sure about that particular one, but C&J's has another by the name of Hayling and they sell the leather version of it at Brooks Brothers. The last may be different from the one that you posted though.
It's actually posted earlier in this thread.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Currently, there are 1174 Active Users (236 Members and 938 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › ISAIA NAPOLI DB SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN SWEATER 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › Wesco Boots! 15 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 17 minutes ago
- › Eidos lupo polos, sweaters 50% off 17 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?