which model are you considering? is it shell or calf?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 11:22 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 10:17 am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 166post #2476 of 1185310/16/12 at 1:19pmpost #2477 of 1185310/16/12 at 1:53pmpost #2478 of 1185310/17/12 at 5:19ampost #2479 of 1185310/17/12 at 6:44ampost #2480 of 1185310/17/12 at 7:12ampost #2481 of 1185310/17/12 at 7:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender
It is unusual that CF uses FedEx. I think unless the customer requests so, they always use Royal Mail. Perhaps they made a mistake. Also, I am not suggesting they eat the charges, you do to save the customs hassle, not the cost of shipping. If this is too much, then just pay the custome fees on this one and use Royal Mail in the future.
I disagree. CF defaults to (or defaulted to) FedEx. Mainly because it picks up from the shop; I don't think Royal Mail does. Royal Mail also has a 2 kilo weight limit. If you're buying two or more pairs the FedEx shipping is much cheaper since it can be sent together. In my correspondence w/ Alastair I had to request Royal Mail because it wasn't an option on the website. FedEx doesn't deliver where my mailbox was located at the time, but I also knew I'd be less likely to incur hefty customs and agent fees. FedEx collects a nice fee for its agent service, so it's inclined to present everything to the customs agent.post #2482 of 1185310/17/12 at 8:08amQuote:Originally Posted by curzon
I disagree. CF defaults to (or defaulted to) FedEx. Mainly because it picks up from the shop; I don't think Royal Mail does. Royal Mail also has a 2 kilo weight limit. If you're buying two or more pairs the FedEx shipping is much cheaper since it can be sent together. In my correspondence w/ Alastair I had to request Royal Mail because it wasn't an option on the website. FedEx doesn't deliver where my mailbox was located at the time, but I also knew I'd be less likely to incur hefty customs and agent fees. FedEx collects a nice fee for its agent service, so it's inclined to present everything to the customs agent.post #2483 of 1185310/18/12 at 4:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Saratorial_SplenderQuote:
I think so.
Islay is on the 365 last while the Chiltren is on the 224 last. The 365 last is more generous in the toe however.
Thanks so much!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #2484 of 1185310/18/12 at 6:59ampost #2485 of 1185310/18/12 at 3:23pmBrowsing the shoe scene (as usual). Checked out a pair of C&J Connaught in London.
Quite low cut, so didn't fit that nicely around my ankle, plus the leather's quite soft and supple. Didn't feel very substantial. Prefer a 'tougher' leather, say the stuff that Church's used on the old 100 last.post #2486 of 1185310/19/12 at 9:03ampost #2487 of 1185310/19/12 at 9:19amQuote:
If they come together and feel loose I think the width of the shoe may be too wide, but if they make a large V gap than it is too narrow. This will also depend on how high of an instep you have. People with high insteps will have a hard time getting the two to come together. I don't mind a little V gap on mine.post #2488 of 1185310/19/12 at 11:01ampost #2489 of 1185310/19/12 at 11:32ampost #2490 of 1185310/19/12 at 12:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
Didn't know C&J was or had been offering a string loafer, what's the name of it?
[IMG ALT=""] Hide (Click to show)
Not sure about that particular one, but C&J's has another by the name of Hayling and they sell the leather version of it at Brooks Brothers. The last may be different from the one that you posted though.
It's actually posted earlier in this thread.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1298 Active Users (282 Members and 1016 Guests)
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 3 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding