here's mine - about 8 months old.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/20/16 at 7:38am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 144post #2146 of 123949/18/12 at 3:34pmpost #2147 of 123949/18/12 at 8:28pmpost #2148 of 123949/18/12 at 8:44pmpost #2149 of 123949/18/12 at 10:51pmGood morning!Forgive for my English :-)Who can will prompt.Length ногb 26.6 cm, the maximum width 9.5 see.Thus the foot very thin, but sharply extends around a little finger.Is Crockett in 341 last and width Е.As a result the size 7 long wore in, everything is smart, but the little finger on the former presses and long to go or even to sit not comfortably. When were new very hard put on.the size 7.5 didn't wear in, but few times dressed. While sit well, but on Ghana (it seems that a little more and will fall down in a heel) and the little finger all the same draws in. Such impression that after разноски will be slightly big, and here to a little finger will be not comfortable.It would not be desirable to be mistaken once again. Can take completeness of F? Or last another? What? Or to take in suede?By the way, about suede. There are such pairs of shoes. It seems also are positioned equally and the description too, but the price strongly differs. It is interesting, why?http://www.shoes.shoppingsection.co.uk/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=002&Category_Code=post #2150 of 123949/19/12 at 1:08ampost #2151 of 123949/19/12 at 1:10ampost #2152 of 123949/19/12 at 3:10ampost #2153 of 123949/19/12 at 9:28amI'd like to buy the "Cavendish" tassel loafer on the 325 last. I was wondering about the fit. I own a pair of CJs on the 236 last, which I really like. I also own a pair on the 341 last, which is much less comfortable in the toe area, as I have rather wide feet.
Does anybody have experience with the 325 last as well as with the 236 last? How do the compare with each other? Many thanks.post #2154 of 123949/19/12 at 9:44ampost #2155 of 123949/19/12 at 9:54ampost #2156 of 123949/19/12 at 8:22pmHelp! I'm still pretty new to quality English footwear, and I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a pair of C& J Cottesmores. I've always been partial to boots ( the Beatles did it to me in my formative years), but in brown hues. My best fitting English shoes are a pair of size 11 Tricker's Epsoms (6038 last - 6 fitting). Those feel pretty good, and I wore them for 8 hours my first wearing with no blisters or pain, but I had to fit them with a double thickness foam pad under the tongue to compensate for pretty major heel slippage. I wear a US size 12, usually in a "D" width.
How would the C&J Cottesmores fit? They would be a pretty big stretch price-wise, but them's some nice boots.
As to general advice on the shoes: I'm no spring chicken, but not using a walker yet; I don't work in a highfalutin office, but I try to dress decently, and finally, since I have large-ish feet, would the Cottesmores look odd on me (I'm 6'1"and not as trim as I once was, but not totally gross either)?
I've looked at all kinds of shoes and boots on line, but I just keep coming back to the C & J website.post #2157 of 123949/20/12 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by powenb
I bought a beautiful pair of Merton loafers this weekend while in Jermyn Street, London.
They are on the 348 last and in a gorgeous Beechnut colour.
When I went to pay I was told they are subs but with no sign of damage so I was chuffed to get the extra 10% off.
But when I got them home I found this mark on the heel.
Now I'm not so chuffed and am expecting to take a trip there again this weekend to exchange them for an unmarked pair.
This isn't a small journey for me, but I'm sure will be worth the effort once I get my unmarked pair home.
What a shop and what a beautiful shopping experience it is whenever I visit there.
I have no problem buying Subs so long as they are priced accordingly. Usually the reasons why shoes are marked subs are for small cosmetic blemishes similar to the mark on your shoes. Buying subs are a great way of sampling different lasts and styles without breaking the bank.
However did you only get 10% off the full price or were they already discounted and you got an additional 10% mark down?
If it's the latter I'd keep them but if the only discount you got was 10% of 320GBP I'd probably return.
I would expect to get more than 10% off a pair of Subs.post #2158 of 123949/20/12 at 3:42amQuote:
I would say rare for these to be found at discount. You occassionally see Subs on UK eBay sellers Salsalocut and Sausages234 lists but obviously sizes would be very limited. The above is the C&J regular Scotch grain version but it can also be gotten from James Purdery in a smooth leather version. Don't know if James Purdey ever discount their C&J makeups but it might be worth your while bookmarking their website.
BTW that picture is from Why you mad? blog http://why-youmad.com/. Some good stuff on that blog but I do wish the chap who runs could ease off on the smokes. You'll get what I mean if you visit it.post #2159 of 123949/24/12 at 12:41pmpost #2160 of 123949/24/12 at 1:07pmQuote:
Do you mean the #8 / burgundy one? I've never seen a dark brown.
I have a pair and they are awesome. Great shell. Model is essentially the same I believe as the Coniston, pictured a few posts up.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › FS: Crockett & Jones Westbourne in Navy size 7UK with extras 12 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 47 seconds ago
- › Another "Which one to keep" question 59 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...