or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 133

post #1981 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolina View Post

Why do you stick to C&J trees? I have only one that fits my Cliffords and that is it, for every other Crocketts using aftermarket cedar shoe trees, Saphire for example, and having no problems with stretching.

Are these the ones you are referring to? http://store.asuitablewardrobe.net/unvarnishedcedarshoetreesbysaphir.aspx

How are they compared to woodlore epic-twins? Also, do the saphir ones fit your c&j shoes nicely?
post #1982 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanskl View Post

Aah yes, that was rather poorly explained. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
When I tried to insert the shoe trees, I had to use a substantial amount of force.. My concerns were that too much force would translate to some stitching getting undone, or even worse, the shell would get torn apart.. I am sure it wouldn't though, but I didn't feel comfortable trying to fully insert the trees as it required too much force imo.
So my question is, are anyone able to fit C&J trees into their 325lasted shoes, and what size do tree do you have relative to the shoe size? Thanks smile.gif

ah, ok. good luck happy.gif
Edited by fritzl - 8/23/12 at 4:11am
post #1983 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

ah, ok. good luck happy.gif

Thanks, I guess happy.gif

What's your verdict on the pic of the inseam? Is this purely a esthetical defect somewhat common on rtw shoes, or is it a reason to get it replaced? I've barely worn it to my local groceries store once.. foo.gif
post #1984 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanskl View Post

What's your verdict on the pic of the inseam? Is this purely a esthetical defect Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
somewhat common on rtw shoes, or is it a reason to get it replaced? I've barely worn it to my local groceries store once.. foo.gif

well, that's what I call a hidden defect, which is not foreseeable from e.g. Quality Control. I would talk to the shop, where you bought them. good luck again.
post #1985 of 12786

I've also had confusion with shoe trees for different grades/lasts.

 

Purchased some Hallams last year (benchgrade) and got the their standard shoe tress (with the sticker 631 - I imagine that's the last number?). They fitted perfectly.

 

I recently boguht some Audleys (handgrade line) in the same size and those standard shoe trees are a real push and don't fit in the same way (feels like shoe trees are too big). Even if I do manage toget them in, they're extremely difficult to take out (without, it seems, scratching the leather inside).

 

I've received the same advice that the benchgrade shoe trees should fit all shoes (including handgrade), but I also remember once being told that they did spceial shoe trees for the handgrade shoes. When I visited a store last weeked, they said the darker brown she trees were instead for certain longer/narrower shoes.

 

Very confused. I think I'll just take my Audleys and current shoe trees down to the store and see what they suggest. 

post #1986 of 12786
Guys,
Don't know if this is an appropriate post but here goes..

I bought the last pair of the antique nubuck brown Tetbury's from P.Lal in size 10.
I have this awful feeling that they will be tight...I usually wear a 10.5, which was, naturally, sold out.
If they are, indeed, tight, when they arrive sometime next week, would someone take them off my hands quickly? So that I can then buy the I-know-they-will-be-loose, 11's?
post #1987 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

well, that's what I call a hidden defect, which is not foreseeable from e.g. Quality Control. I would talk to the shop, where you bought them. good luck again.

Thanks for trying to help out. I guess my question really is whether or not this defect will have an impact on the longevity and durability of the shoe..
post #1988 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanskl View Post

Thanks for trying to help out. I guess my question really is whether or not this defect will have an impact on the longevity and durability of the shoe..

yes, that's what I said. hidden defect. it need to be solved soon. exchange or repair. i vote for exchange.
post #1989 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


yes, that's what I said. hidden defect. it need to be solved soon. exchange or repair. i vote for exchange.

Damn.. That won't be too easy living in Norway.. How would I go about to get these exchanged? Ralph Lauren don't do international orders, so I have my doubts they would let me exchange these from Norway.. That is, if they even qualify for an exchange since I've already used them once..

post #1990 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanskl View Post

Damn.. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That won't be too easy living in Norway.. How would I go about to get these exchanged? Ralph Lauren don't do international orders, so I have my doubts they would let me exchange these from Norway.. That is, if they even qualify for an exchange since I've already used them once..

don't buy shoes over the internet. on a serious note: imo, you have to sort it out with the seller. let them offer you a solution. it's not beyond repair. it can be salvaged for sure, but do not wear them in the meantime and make a documentation with pictures. sole wear is an indicator of the validity of your claim. alright?
post #1991 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


don't buy shoes over the internet. on a serious note: imo, you have to sort it out with the seller. let them offer you a solution. it's not beyond repair. it can be salvaged for sure, but do not wear them in the meantime and make a documentation with pictures. sole wear is an indicator of the validity of your claim. alright?

That makes very good sense! fing02[1].gif But I need some help to understand this correctly. You say the shoes are not beyond repairing.. Why is it that they will sustain damage if I wear them? Because of the forgotten staple? Or because the inseam is not tight enough?

 

I bought them from a guy here on StyFo. I don't know if it is fair to have him sort this out, but it wouldn't hurt asking.. Maybe he wants to help out nod[1].gif

post #1992 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanskl View Post

That makes very good sense! fing02%5B1%5D.gif But I need some help to understand this correctly. You say the shoes are not beyond repairing.. Why is it that they will sustain damage if I wear them? Because of the forgotten staple? Or because the inseam is not tight enough?

this
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanskl View Post

I bought them from a guy here on StyFo. I don't know if it is fair to have him sort this out, but it wouldn't hurt asking.. Maybe he wants to help out nod%5B1%5D.gif

actually, then you have to do it on your own, imo. it's a hidden defect, period.
post #1993 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


this
actually, then you have to do it on your own, imo. it's a hidden defect, period.

Then I hope Ralph Lauren's customer service is as legendary as they claim in their spam mail and newsletters.

post #1994 of 12786
I've asked some times ago, they accept return from wordwide, but probably you need the bill/receipt.
post #1995 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

I've asked some times ago, they accept return from wordwide, but probably you need the bill/receipt.

 

That's great news! I sent them an email some hours ago, still haven't got a reply.. Unfortunately, I don't have the receipt..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)