or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 131

post #1951 of 12834
Only Navy in the Ryder III. Size 9 or 11. Too bad. Where can one find them online?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1952 of 12834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post

Only Navy in the Ryder III. Size 9 or 11. Too bad. Where can one find them online?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I will buy mine from http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=4&shoeid=1082

Just waiting for some last details via customer service then i'll take them right away.

post #1953 of 12834

Gentlemen,

The Harvard, dark brown shell cordovan. 1 year-old and worn with Mazarin yellow socks.

 

 

 

1000

 

 

 

 

 

(Blame my iphone for this shameful picture, they look like blue or something...)


Edited by marmottan - 8/6/12 at 2:50pm
post #1954 of 12834

It's my only C&J in cordovan. I don't know whether it's only me but it seems that the cordovan used by Alden with its unlined LHS is much more comfy, soft...

post #1955 of 12834

Will go for the C&J chiltern in suede next week. Do I need shoe-trees for this pair? Since I will wear them pretty often now.

post #1956 of 12834

I have the shoe trees for every single pair, so my answer - yes. But don't buy C&J trees, lost money, better use any good cedar trees you can get. I bought their trees for 70 euro or so, now I regret.

post #1957 of 12834
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolina View Post

I have the shoe trees for every single pair, so my answer - yes. But don't buy C&J trees, lost money, better use any good cedar trees you can get. I bought their trees for 70 euro or so, now I regret.

Yeah you are right, better to be on the safe side. Well I never bought any C&J-trees for my other C&J shoes. The only pair I use the same brand on is G&G, rest fuck it :D

post #1958 of 12834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Will go for the C&J chiltern in suede next week. Do I need shoe-trees for this pair? Since I will wear them pretty often now.

thought you were in for ryder iii?
post #1959 of 12834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post


thought you were in for ryder iii?

Will not take any chanes buy buying them online without trying them on (and i'm to lazy to send back and pay shipment costs if they didn't fit). Since I tried on the C&J today and they were fine and they look pretty much the same just little more expensive.

post #1960 of 12834
NAMOR, just for you: Cottesmore
Untitled
post #1961 of 12834
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

NAMOR, just for you: Cottesmore

Cottesmores are jodphurs.
post #1962 of 12834
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

NAMOR, just for you: Cottesmore
Untitled

Man, I'm so bummed I missed out on the Sommerville. Looking good my friend
post #1963 of 12834
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

NAMOR, just for you: Cottesmore
Untitled

Edit: Somerville, not Cottesmore... I ALWAYS mess there two names up!

Don't feel too bad, i didn't get these during a sale, I got these some time ago and ordered them directly from the UK. I think it was a rare pair because the upper and shaft are dark oak leather and does not have the suede shaft.
post #1964 of 12834
I have a pair of the Grasmere in 10E and recently purchased the C&J shoe trees (both purchased from C&J NY). I put the trees in the shoes for the first time tonight and it seemed like putting in a shoe stretcher. Has anyone else had this experience? Just how tight should the C&J shoe trees be? Previously I have used either Alden or A&E shoe trees, but never had an experience like this.
post #1965 of 12834
Quote:
Originally Posted by granjamo View Post

I have a pair of the Grasmere in 10E and recently purchased the C&J shoe trees (both purchased from C&J NY). I put the trees in the shoes for the first time tonight and it seemed like putting in a shoe stretcher. Has anyone else had this experience? Just how tight should the C&J shoe trees be? Previously I have used either Alden or A&E shoe trees, but never had an experience like this.

That's the way they are. Don't be alarmed. They are almost like lasted trees.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)