or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 110

post #1636 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Crockett and Jones for Peal and Co.:

350x263px-LL-1ed47576_1696037.jpeg

I like them!
post #1637 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

brown wax really works for me and makes it edgier, imo. haven't tried the AE stuff, but talked to the owner of a shoe shop who is seventy years old and a die hard AE fan. he complains that the young dudes do not learn how to take care of their shoes properly. i'm all for new things he said, but nothing can replace a good rubbing with wax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

+ a million.
The regular use of 'edge dressing' = amateur.

Gentlemen, brothers is shoedom, I ask your forebearance and give the AE edge dressing a try. Yes, it is, in a sense, cheating, but it is a lovely mistress. She's easy and spreads like -- oh, sorry, yes the edge dressing works great. You will not know that you have added it and it does not make a holy mess like Fiebings or Lincon. You will never even know that it has been applied.
post #1638 of 12786

Hey Ich_Dien, those shoes take a shine better than any of my other shoes. They're also now part of the blogoverse smile.gif

 

http://christiankimber.tumblr.com/post/23220754508

 

tumblr_m45sr8YOy21rr5ihbo1_500.jpg

post #1639 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Gentlemen, brothers is shoedom, I ask your forebearance and give the AE edge dressing a try. Yes, it is, in a sense, cheating, but it is a lovely mistress. She's easy and spreads like -- oh, sorry, yes the edge dressing works great. You will not know that you have added it and it does not make a holy mess like Fiebings or Lincon. You will never even know that it has been applied.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifhappy.gif

As much as I appreciate the little journey you just took us on my opinion has not waivered. Not gonna happen on my ship..........

Surely I don't need to clarify for you my opinion regarding you argyle wearing satanic edge dressing junkies, who are weak in character because your fathers did not make you mow the lawn.


Gdot is watching you..............................................................
post #1640 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Hey Ich_Dien, those shoes take a shine better than any of my other shoes. They're also now part of the blogoverse smile.gif

http://christiankimber.tumblr.com/post/23220754508

350x350px-LL-c0e7d399_tumblr_m45sr8YOy21rr5ihbo1_500.jpeg

Gerry's got the shine majix. worship.gif
post #1641 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

brown wax really works for me and makes it edgier, imo. haven't tried the AE stuff, but talked to the owner of a shoe shop who is seventy years old and a die hard AE fan. he complains that the young dudes do not learn how to take care of their shoes properly. i'm all for new things he said, but nothing can replace a good rubbing with wax.

not to sound stupid, but is the concept the same just apply a thin coat of wax on the edge of the shoe? is it really that easy?
post #1642 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

not to sound stupid, but is the concept the same just apply a thin coat of wax on the edge of the shoe? is it really that easy?

yes.
post #1643 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

yes.

When I at the SF 10 party, the shoe shiner told me that they use a special kind of wax for the sole edges. I don't remember the name. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
post #1644 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifhappy.gif

As much as I appreciate the little journey you just took us on my opinion has not waivered. Not gonna happen on my ship..........
Surely I don't need to clarify for you my opinion regarding you argyle wearing satanic edge dressing junkies, who are weak in character because your fathers did not make you mow the lawn.
Gdot is watching you..............................................................

You are correct, I did not mow the lawn and I did not shovel snow. I will refrain from further comment. nod[1].gif
post #1645 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

You are correct, I did not mow the lawn and I did not shovel snow. I will refrain from further comment. nod[1].gif

rotflmao.gif
post #1646 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post


Gentlemen, brothers is shoedom, I ask your forebearance and give the AE edge dressing a try. Yes, it is, in a sense, cheating, but it is a lovely mistress. She's easy and spreads like -- oh, sorry, yes the edge dressing works great. You will not know that you have added it and it does not make a holy mess like Fiebings or Lincon. You will never even know that it has been applied.

 

Is it like the Emperors new clothes?

post #1647 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirling View Post

Is it like the Emperors new clothes?

No its better than that and will not lead to embarrassment.
post #1648 of 12786

C&J Selborne Last 358 2012-05-24T13-04-21_1.jpg

post #1649 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Hey Ich_Dien, those shoes take a shine better than any of my other shoes. They're also now part of the blogoverse smile.gif

http://christiankimber.tumblr.com/post/23220754508

350x350px-LL-c0e7d399_tumblr_m45sr8YOy21rr5ihbo1_500.jpeg

Had these shoes and I agree they age excellently. Unfortunately, the 240 is just a bit too conservative but I admit for me, it is a nice fitting last.
post #1650 of 12786
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

yes.

I do prefer using wax and +1 with the ease. The edge dressing I tried didn't leave a finish that I liked... Too glossy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)