Interesting. What color cream/polish did you use In caring for them? I find your pair darkened quite dramatically. Or maybe mine lightened over the course of 5 years...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 11/12/15 at 5:07pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 11/25/15 at 6:47am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 1:40 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 108post #1606 of 104725/16/12 at 3:23pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1607 of 104725/16/12 at 3:24pmpost #1608 of 104725/16/12 at 3:54pmQuote:
The darkening was somewhat deliberate. I used the Saphir Brown. Not the light brown or mid brown but the darker brown--not sure it has a name.post #1609 of 104725/16/12 at 4:01pmpost #1610 of 104725/16/12 at 4:25pmpost #1611 of 104725/16/12 at 7:40pm
Chogall, STOP!!!! My apologies. I looked at the wrong picture when replying. For the Selborne's I use the Saphir Mahogany. Sorry for the confusion - my bad. I have so many shoes I cannot remember the model names.
Here is my shoeshine program - this will let you know how I got the colour.
First, I wear my shoes no more than twice a month.
I polish each pair before each wearing.
Polish routine is as follows:
Hard Brush with a slight amount of distilled water - water dispensed from Japanese solvent dispenser.
Apply light coat of polish with round horsehide dauber.
Hard Brush (Similar to above in both cases using a horsehair brush reserved for that color)
Polish clothe - hard polish with soft polish clothe.
Apply additional coat of polish to toe caps and heel counters - I apply this coat with my fingers and really rub it in.
Let the polish dry
After polish is dry, take a section of a T-shirt and wrap it around two fingers and polish in circles. I use spots of water on the clothe from the solvent dispenser. I polish unti I get a high glassly gloss on the toe cap and heel counter.
I hope this helps and makes up fro my earlier confusion.post #1612 of 104725/17/12 at 10:28am
That's exactly what I bought at one of the Paris stores two weeks ago.
I was spending plenty on the vacation, so couldn't quite justify a pair of shoes on top of it (and the prices seemed higher than the UK, although I could be mistaken).post #1613 of 104725/17/12 at 10:35amQuote:
This is so crazy, actually i'm in Paris right now! Were was this store? Maybe I could check it out.post #1614 of 104725/17/12 at 2:09pmpost #1615 of 104725/17/12 at 2:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by riesenschnauser
I agree, and after wearing the shoes a few more times I have come to believe that there is slightly too much room at the vamp. To make things worse, I have rather high arches which causes the shoes to crease and bulge at the "waist" (is that the correct term?) as well. Is there any way to decrease the girth of the vamp, apart from adding an insole? Like, say, shrinking the shoes?
I'm afraid on a pair of RTW shoes there aren't many options.
I'm sure you are doing this already to mitigate the creasing, ensure you use a well fitting pair of shoe trees whenever you are not wearing them.post #1616 of 104725/17/12 at 3:34pmAlrighty, I can't believe its that time of year again folks! But, I have my C+J mark downs....
The following styles are going 40% off.
As always contact me at the store to reserve your size or any questions.
or my barneys email address Rtischler@barneys.com, please leave a way to for me to contact you - email/phone/text and I will respond with in 24 hours.
I'm posting via my smart phone so hopefully the images show up, if not. I am sure you guys will let me know! Always fun helping you guys out!
Thanks, Ryanpost #1617 of 104725/18/12 at 4:54ampost #1618 of 104725/18/12 at 8:21pmpost #1619 of 104725/19/12 at 1:07ampost #1620 of 104725/19/12 at 3:23pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Leather Quality and Properties 14 seconds ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Experiencing technical difficulties or have questions about... 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ferre Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories