or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 84

post #1246 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by csc67 View Post

Anyone know what Westfield's cost these days ordered directly from C&J in UK (including shipping to US)?
Thanks

the last price listing I have has it for 310 pounds (but I think there has been an increase since then); shipping is usually 30 pounds; credit card international rates will probably be some minimal %; and customs fees (if you get charged).

You can always e-mail the stores directly.
post #1247 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post


the last price listing I have has it for 310 pounds (but I think there has been an increase since then); shipping is usually 30 pounds; credit card international rates will probably be some minimal %; and customs fees (if you get charged).
You can always e-mail the stores directly.



less UK VAT - which would be £62 for shoes retailing at £310

 

 

 

post #1248 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandie View Post

less UK VAT - which would be £62 for shoes retailing at £310

I think the VAT would be 1/6 of £310, or £51.67. So, the purchase price would be £258.33.
post #1249 of 12858

Drummond 348 Last
post #1250 of 12858
Black shoes with brown laces? confused.gif
Edited by cbfn - 3/21/12 at 3:07pm
post #1251 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

Black shoes withg brown laces? confused.gif

Yeah, trying something new with my black shoes. Personally, it is growing on me. smile.gif
post #1252 of 12858
Is the 240 last a fuddy duddy last ? I am thinking of getting these but am not totally convinced. Your thought ...

DSC_9839081.jpg
post #1253 of 12858



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgreen View Post


I think the VAT would be 1/6 of £310, or £51.67. So, the purchase price would be £258.33.



I am not an accountanant, so will defer to your superior skills on this one.

 

smile.gif

 

 

post #1254 of 12858
The 240 is pretty traditional with no bells and whistles but a solid last. I have a couple from Brooks Brothers and they work well. They won't get too many compliments but the last shape makes for a comfortable shoe.
post #1255 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

Black shoes withg brown laces? confused.gif

It does look different though. First thing I noticed too.
post #1256 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

Black shoes withg brown laces? confused.gif

looks fantastic, irl.
post #1257 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

Black shoes withg brown laces? confused.gif

looks fantastic, irl.
post #1258 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post


Drummond 348 Last

second shoe in row, which looks slightly big on your foot. some room for improvement, imo.
post #1259 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandie View Post




 



I am not an accountanant, so will defer to your superior skills on this one.

smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgreen View Post

I think the VAT would be 1/6 of £310, or £51.67. So, the purchase price would be £258.33.

I think the current VAT is 20%
post #1260 of 12858
Quote:
Originally Posted by csc67 View Post

I think the current VAT is 20%

Yes the current VAT is 20%. A quoted price that includes VAT is 1.2 times the price without VAT. So, VAT = .2/1.2 or 1/6 of the price that includes VAT. To get to the price without VAT you can divide the price that includes VAT by 1.2 or you can multiply the price that includes VAT by 5/6.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)