or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 816

post #12226 of 13175

Evening folks!  Was hoping to get some sizing advice for diving into C&J (and I've got my sights on the next Warlow :rolleyes:)

 

Specifically, I'm looking at the Northcote on the 348 and Skye on the 335 (leaning Northcote). 

 

US Brannock is 8.5 D/E.  Only basis for comparison is the AE 65 last, I've got Strands in 8E (perfect on R, a little narrow on L and tight on the inner ankle and instep), and McAllisters in 9D, which give slight heel slip but are very comfortable ITO width.

 

Spoke with Ed Morel of Panta Clothing in the process of a Buday GMTO and he recommended 7.5 UK on the Frakno (English-ish last), 1 full size down from Brannock, and said width/in-step should not be a worry, based on the above advice.

 

Any advice would be helpful!  Thanks in advance!

post #12227 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 


Or just get the Warlow and have the best of all worlds...:fistbump:

 

photo IMG_0887_zpsuzp9lker.jpg

 

Wow - is that basically a Cordovan Pembroke?  325 last?

 

Got any photos of them worn in?

post #12228 of 13175
Warlows with one day of wear. Whiskey shell on 325.

Pristine and unworn.

With Pembroke.

With Ralph Marlow.
post #12229 of 13175
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Warlows with one day of wear. Whiskey shell on 325.

Pristine and unworn.

With Pembroke.

With Ralph Marlow.

 

 

@zippyh

 

You are one of the unsung legends of the forum Sir.

 

Your collection is superb.

 

Wear them all in good health.

post #12230 of 13175

@zippyh Amazing!! 

post #12231 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Warlows with one day of wear. Whiskey shell on 325.

Pristine and unworn.

With Pembroke.

With Ralph Marlow.

Always good to see I'm not alone in the "must purchase the same/similar shoe in several colors/leathers" club. Already have tan grain Pembrokes, Warlow 2.0 coming in a couple months, and about to pull the trigger on brown grain Pembrokes.

Now if only I could find a good brown RL Marlow to round it out.
post #12232 of 13175
post #12233 of 13175

Hi! 

Today decided to take a short trip to Northamptom, first stop, Crockett and Jones, and this was the result.:D

 

 

 

 

 

 

Northcode in black calf, size UK 10,5 last 348 amazing!!!! 200 pounds

 

 

 

 

this are Finsbury Dark brown calf, size UK 11, 150 pounds!!! amazing again :slayer:

 

I feel like a child, y try many shoes,

But the way I was in Church's Factory Shop too, dark place, totally diferent to Crockett and Jones Factory Shop, (two lovelly ladys), and I was in Cheaney Factory shop too, What a day!!

PD: The best deals are in Crockett and Jones, for sure!!

Kind Regards

Diego

post #12234 of 13175
Considering such prices it almost makes sense to book a flight to London, stay there for a few days of sightseeing and go to those factory stores. At least if you are living in Europe. Does EG and JL have factory stores by the way?
post #12235 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by insy View Post

Considering such prices it almost makes sense to book a flight to London, stay there for a few days of sightseeing and go to those factory stores. At least if you are living in Europe. Does EG and JL have factory stores by the way?

Hi!! In this web www.northamptonshoes.com, you can find all information about all brands and his factory shops, usefull information. But be carefull, he he he, you can became crazy :nodding:.

Uff, for me, it was very  difficult chose 1 pair.

post #12236 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego65 View Post
 

Hi! 

Today decided to take a short trip to Northamptom, first stop, Crockett and Jones, and this was the result.:D

 

 

 

 

 

 

Northcode in black calf, size UK 10,5 last 348 amazing!!!! 200 pounds

 

 

 

 

this are Finsbury Dark brown calf, size UK 11, 150 pounds!!! amazing again :slayer:

 

I feel like a child, y try many shoes,

But the way I was in Church's Factory Shop too, dark place, totally diferent to Crockett and Jones Factory Shop, (two lovelly ladys), and I was in Cheaney Factory shop too, What a day!!

PD: The best deals are in Crockett and Jones, for sure!!

Kind Regards

Diego

I sold my brown Northcote after wearing them for a couple of years (1/2 large).  My fav boot now is a black Northcote.  Beautiful shoes.  Enjoy them!!

post #12237 of 13175

With the exchange rate at what it is, a GMTO for a run of Marlows in brown shell would be ~ $570 US... 

 

Would there be any interest? I need to replace my RL ones, the sizing isnt quite right and apparently the 325 used for CJ models is a bit more generous.

post #12238 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post
 

I sold my brown Northcote after wearing them for a couple of years (1/2 large).  My fav boot now is a black Northcote.  Beautiful shoes.  Enjoy them!!

Hi! thanks!!!!

Really I feel like a child.

post #12239 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

With the exchange rate at what it is, a GMTO for a run of Marlows in brown shell would be ~ $570 US... 

Would there be any interest? I need to replace my RL ones, the sizing isnt quite right and apparently the 325 used for CJ models is a bit more generous.

I would definitely be interested. Agree that it seems the U.K. 325 is more accommodating.
post #12240 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post


I would definitely be interested. Agree that it seems the U.K. 325 is more accommodating.

I have wide-ish feet, RL 9 is good width wise but too long, 8.5 is good length wise but a tad too narrow. I think a 8UK pair from CJ will fit the bill. Lets see if we can get 12 interested. Im thinking the exact same makeup as the Marlow - double leather sole, brown shell, wheeled welt.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)