Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:33pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:35pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 807post #12091 of 138179/19/16 at 8:50ampost #12092 of 138179/19/16 at 2:58pmpost #12093 of 138179/19/16 at 5:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by budapest12
I need a good travel boot and also something I can quickly put on to run in and out of my place in most kinds of weather. Considering a Chelsea 5 in dark brown antique nubuck (which, based on the pics I've seen, barely looks like nubuck at all). Anyone have experience sizing the 335 in a Chelsea? My Lindricks are an 8.5 which I gather are an 8 UK. They are a bit roomy but work well. I'm thinking 7.5 UK is the way to go here. Found a similar recommendation on here from about a year back but thought I'd check in and see if anyone had any thoughts. TIA.
I went with US10 on suede Chelsea 5s from Barneys as compared to 10.5US in Lindrick and most other Barney's C&Js.
As with you, the Linkdricks are roomy but work well, especially with thick socks.
The Chelseas were borderline too snug when I first got them but they've broken in and I only wear them with thin socks.
I don't think I'd want to wear them for a day of traveling.post #12094 of 138179/19/16 at 6:21pmpost #12095 of 138179/19/16 at 7:15pmpost #12096 of 138179/20/16 at 3:25amBrecon today, they are brand new but where is that scratch coming from? I will just blame my wife 😊
Not sure how much I like them overall. The fit is great and they will make an overall good walking boot during the bad weather periods I suppose. However they just look so huge compared to my Carminas 😧post #12097 of 138179/21/16 at 7:50ampost #12098 of 138179/21/16 at 7:53am
Does anyone here know you're a big scammer at ebay? And you calling thief at this forum when you're the biggest of all? Do you want me to proof everyone that you've been rigging your Ebay sales like, forever?? You're scamming everyone with private sales and several fake accounts inflating the prices undercovered. I have more than 50 print screens of your "POKAC" sales before you turned them all into "private" sales. And always having a few Crockett & Jones for sale at ebay... are they stolen?post #12099 of 138179/21/16 at 8:32ampost #12100 of 138179/21/16 at 9:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Technica
Dear all, looking for some C&J advice if thats okay.
I am looking to purchase my first pair of derby boots to take on inclement weather conditions. I want to be able to wear them in inclement weather but also take them with me this coming winter around dec or jan traveling outdoors in southern Germany, Austria and Switzerland where I expect there to be a lot of snow and slush to walk through. I'd like the pair to be hardy and reliable that is able to take a beating for outdoor pursuits like hiking and offtrail walks, yet still look smart enough to wear to work if needed (as a medic I rarely wear suits, mostly chinos + button up shirts if I'm not in theatre).
For this purpose I've narrowed my choices down to two boots: the Conistons in navy (last one in all of UK!) and the Northcote boots in brown. I've tried them on today at a C&J store in London today, see pics attached.
Which would the C&J experts here recommend for my purpose? I feel like the Conistons will be more hardwearing and tough and practical, but the Northcotes are much more sleek and elegant. Do the scotch country grain on the Conistons confer any signficant practical benefit?
My current humble collection of shoes only has two boots: the black and brown Tetbury chukka boots, which I've found fantastic for everyday wear to work if that helps.
The grain leather does make the boots more casual than smooth leather.
IMHO, it sounds like from your intended wear with chinos, the more casual/ rounded last of the Coniston may be more appropriate- although the navy color may limit their versatility a bit. They also pair well with denim, tweeds, cords, and hardier wools. I find the NorthCote's sleeker last too pointy for chinos and denim. It works better with tailored wool trousers, and even with a suit on the wet weather days. They seem like a City boot, and I would treat them like a dress shoe for rainy days- far too elegant for hiking and outdoor pursuits, as I don't think they would look as good scratched up. Just my 2 cents but it's really down to how you will be wearing them. You can always go for the Conistons now, then save up and get the Northcote's next time as your dress boot...
Personally, I've not found the studded Dainite soles to be much better than leather on slick snow or ice. So, if you are really looking for a boot for snow/slush, you might consider the Snowden, with the added water resistant construction and commando rubber sole.
Edited by ChukkasOnHudson - 9/21/16 at 9:25ampost #12101 of 138179/21/16 at 9:31ampost #12102 of 138179/21/16 at 9:44ampost #12103 of 138179/21/16 at 9:52ampost #12104 of 138179/21/16 at 11:49amQuote:
Ridgeway for snow and ice.post #12105 of 138179/21/16 at 11:59am
After last winter, I wanted to convert 2 pairs of boots from the studded Dainite soles to Ridgeway, but I have not been able to find a cobbler here in NY that carries that sole. Was surprised that B.Nelson / VIP did not. Any suggestions in the city or online welcome.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Is this a four-season shoe? 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Bracelets For Men - How To Do It Properly. 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 minutes ago
- › Cigars 26 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 28 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 36 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 43 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 44 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 44 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...