Is normal 9UK is very snug for me in Boston and 9,5UK is normal (no snug), if I wear 10D in Alden Aberdeen and 9UK in Carmina uetam last.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:45 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 797post #11942 of 132028/17/16 at 9:53amQuote:
Try the sale section and sorting by price, high to low. You'll see them on the 2nd and 3rd page. Not much in my size, unfortunatelypost #11943 of 132028/17/16 at 10:14ampost #11944 of 132028/17/16 at 10:29amGuys, C&J is still in the sales section of Frans Boone, you just have to dig through the sales pages.
Anyone have thoughts on the Harvard? I tried digging around this thread and the internet and could find a little. I've never been much of a loafer guy but my new office seems to be OK with loafers every day so I figured I'd make the switch since they seem comfier than the Doc Marten 1461s I'm wearing now.
I used to own Aldens and Trickers but sold them all since I couldn't appreciate them. I am considering picking up the C&J Harvard though since the price seems nice. Any insight is much appreciated.
*I've read the Harvards run a bit narrow; could be a problem as I have a slightly wide foot.post #11945 of 132028/17/16 at 11:51ampost #11946 of 132028/17/16 at 3:16pmSo I recently found a brand-new pair of Pembrokes on eBay, advertised as the CJ for J. Crew model from a few years ago, in men's size 9. I inquired about sizing, thinking maybe J Crew resizes them for the US like Ralph Lauren or BB do. He assured me they were "US size 9" and did not have photos of the inner linin with a printed size. I took it at face value and it was a reasonable price for them.
They arrived today, and sure enough they are marked 9 E and are clearly ~ size 10 US and enormous. Not only am I annoyed at this, but now I'm wondering if my 8 E will be small enough for my MTO CJ Marlows. I had been between 7.5 and 8 and now I'm a bit nervous.post #11947 of 132028/17/16 at 3:25pmWore my 6mths old Lowndes in the rain a couple of weeks ago and it got insanely dirty. Cleaned it with a generous amount of renovateur. Whilst it's made a noticecle difference, it's still pretty dirty.
Gents, what product(s) and/or method do you recommend I use to restore them to its former condition? Back 1 or B 4, (more) SR or something else? Bick products are not available here but happy to try it. Thanks.
Edited by benf - 8/18/16 at 1:50pmpost #11948 of 132028/18/16 at 6:38ampost #11949 of 132028/18/16 at 1:11pmpost #11950 of 132028/18/16 at 1:15pmpost #11951 of 132028/18/16 at 7:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
So I recently found a brand-new pair of Pembrokes on eBay, advertised as the CJ for J. Crew model from a few years ago, in men's size 9. I inquired about sizing, thinking maybe J Crew resizes them for the US like Ralph Lauren or BB do. He assured me they were "US size 9" and did not have photos of the inner linin with a printed size. I took it at face value and it was a reasonable price for them.
They arrived today, and sure enough they are marked 9 E and are clearly ~ size 10 US and enormous. Not only am I annoyed at this, but now I'm wondering if my 8 E will be small enough for my MTO CJ Marlows. I had been between 7.5 and 8 and now I'm a bit nervous.
You'll be fine for the MTO. My right foot is 10.5D Brannock and I recently tried a size 10E Pembroke and was swimming in it. But the 9.5E I was made to try by Kevin at C&J NY fit absolutely snug.post #11952 of 132028/19/16 at 12:28ampost #11953 of 132028/19/16 at 12:33ampost #11954 of 132028/19/16 at 3:40ampost #11955 of 132028/19/16 at 11:06am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1400 Active Users (299 Members and 1101 Guests)
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 53 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford Suit - Filleted and Gutted 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...