or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 796

post #11926 of 12757
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDH View Post

How are people finding the 348 last - Specifically the Alex vs the Tetbury.

The Alex fits nicely - Almost "snug" I'd say - But certainly not tight.

The Tetbury seems the same in the width, but the length seems a bit longer.

I've stuck an old insole in there which fills the boot out a bit more. Am I being too premature in this, should I leave them without an insole first?

I have 348 double monks in 8.5 that are great, 358 oxfords in 8.5 that have slightly too much room (although people have said before that HG fit larger), but my 8.5 Tetbury's are insanely too big. Wish I had never bought them (or at least had done so in a 7.5).
post #11927 of 12757
I tried on the half size smaller in the shop (a UK 10.5), and found them to be very tight from the off.

It felt too tight to loosen enough to ever be comfortable.

I think the 11 is the right size, I just need to get used to the extra length.
post #11928 of 12757
The Tetbury looks awesome but as said, it is too long and therefore I had too much heel slippage. Yea, you could get used to it but common, you should be fully happy with your shoes at such a price.
post #11929 of 12757
For me, it's more the fact I had a bad experience with a 10.5 Connaught, and as I'm relatively new to the "decent footwear" market, I'm still finding my feet - Pardon the pun.

I'll see how it goes with the Tetbury - It's supremely comfortable, and I'm probably over thinking it more than I need.
post #11930 of 12757

Hi, everyone

I am new here + was an Alden fan for half of my life

last month I did put an order on Cardigan4 - I have to say "splendid" shape&construction definitely will be my (New)favorite brand.

 

Cardigan4 Shell Cordovan UK10 (335 Last)

giving me perfect length and snug fit - with little pinch on my pinky at the end of the day

I believe the pinch will be disappear after the shoes was breaking-in properly, yes?

 

My next pair will be walk-all-day shoes to pair with denim so my selection of choice is "Durham (325 Last)"

My question is what size should I go for "Durham (325 Last)", Is it UK10?

same as Cardigan4 (as the Crockett&Jones's online store have told me)

or UK10.5 will be more comfortable since 325 Last is a touch smaller than 335 Last.

 

I am perfectly fit both Length&Width in Alden PTB (Barrie Last) US10.5E

 

Thank you,

post #11931 of 12757

I've just got an e-mail from the C&J with their new Winter styles, and indeed it appears they have altered even their iconic 314 rounded last the Boston was made on (Hopefully only for this style). It's now designated as the 376 last ..

It looks like their new lasts are gravitating toward more Italian (a bit elongated) look.

I had a trouble getting the pairs there already in classically English, softly curved lasts .. Bought the Connaught, Boston, Coniston and Islay so far .. However I don't think I will be able to select anything else beside those styles considering my taste. Even the Church's now have more classic selection of lasts .. Better I start saving for the final transition to the Edward Green 202 last.  

post #11932 of 12757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

I've just got an e-mail from the C&J with their new Winter styles, and indeed it appears they have altered even their iconic 314 rounded last the Boston was made on (Hopefully only for this style). It's now designated as the 376 last ..


It looks like their new lasts are gravitating toward more Italian (a bit elongated) look.


I had a trouble getting the pairs there already in classically English, softly curved lasts .. Bought the Connaught, Boston, Coniston and Islay so far .. However I don't think I will be able to select anything else beside those styles considering my taste. Even the Church's now have more classic selection of lasts .. Better I start saving for the final transition to the Edward Green 202 last.  

I don't see the change you are talking about.
Their elongated last are perfectly suited for handgrade styles, really like the new 373 last.
Except 348 last (which is a best seller) all their other lasts are quintessentially british, imo.

376 looks very similar to 314, very difficult to find a difference from pictures.

They introduced also a new tassel last, the 375 which looks very similar to EG 184, but it isn't in the catalogue yet , see my post:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/227575/quintessential-crockett-jones-thread-reviews-quality-etc/11910#post_8538367
post #11933 of 12757

How long ago did C&J stop making Lincoln loafers? I see a few pairs in black on Rakuten that appear to be deadstock but otherwise seems completely unavailable.

post #11934 of 12757
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotribe View Post

How long ago did C&J stop making Lincoln loafers? I see a few pairs in black on Rakuten that appear to be deadstock but otherwise seems completely unavailable.

IIRC around 3/4 years ago, it was available only on 314 F width Last
post #11935 of 12757
PSA-Frans Boone has some great deals on C&J at 50% off. I just got the Atherstone in mink suede at amazing price.
post #11936 of 12757
Quote:
Originally Posted by heelguy View Post

PSA-Frans Boone has some great deals on C&J at 50% off. I just got the Atherstone in mink suede at amazing price.

The prices I see don't seem to be discounted. Did you have a code? Or did the sale just end?
post #11937 of 12757
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

The prices I see don't seem to be discounted. Did you have a code? Or did the sale just end?

The code is Final50% , it works also for Tricker's

Amazing deals
post #11938 of 12757
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

Their elongated last are perfectly suited for handgrade styles, really like the new 373 last.
<snip>
They introduced also a new tassel last, the 375 which looks very similar to EG 184, but it isn't in the catalogue yet

 

Really like the 373 too but not the shoe options/ leather combinations being made on. Fairford is the only option I'd seriously consider but dont have need for either tan nor black brogues (and unfortunately my shoe collection is still based on need)

 

The 375 is used on the SS2016  Lichfield but its a slightly odd brogued tassle loafer - not sure which catalogue you are refering to though.

post #11939 of 12757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post

Really like the 373 too but not the shoe options/ leather combinations being made on. Fairford is the only option I'd seriously consider but dont have need for either tan nor black brogues (and unfortunately my shoe collection is still based on need)

The 375 is used on the SS2016  Lichfield but its a slightly odd brogued tassle loafer - not sure which catalogue you are refering to though.

I did not noticed that the new 375 was already used for a stock model, thanks for the heads up.

I was talking of the Cavendish 3 made for Frame JP in this last, thinking it could replace the Cavendish 2 in the next future.
post #11940 of 12757

Looks like you got lucky (if they decide to post you the shoes) as they have blocked the complete C&J page now .. I don't remember they had such a massive sale in their history ..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)