Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:03 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:41 am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 771post #11551 of 127476/16/16 at 3:23ampost #11552 of 127476/16/16 at 6:34ampost #11553 of 127476/16/16 at 12:55pmpost #11554 of 127476/17/16 at 6:57ampost #11555 of 127476/17/16 at 11:31ampost #11556 of 127476/17/16 at 12:59pmpost #11557 of 127476/17/16 at 2:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Webbo
Please can anyone advise which is the wider fitting last, the 236 or 341. I am looking for a black cap toe Oxford and come down to either the Connaught (236) F width or the Radstock (341) G width. I have neither of these lasts so wonder which would give the greater width. Does anyone with a wide foot have experience of either of these please?
I have the Connaught in a U.S. 10D, bought at Barneys in NYC, hence the American sizing. I found the last narrow, resulting in the right shoe needing 2 stretchings before it was comfortable, as my r. foot is longer and wider than my left. I have never been able to determine whether a Barneys branded Connaught 10D is the same shoe as a C&J UK 9E. Anyway, it is a great shoe, but with my feet, I might go with the Radstock if I had to do it all over again.post #11558 of 127476/17/16 at 3:03pmpost #11559 of 127476/17/16 at 11:47pm
I have a question about sizing. Im into the Lindrick MTO with 325 last.
The good size for me is 8 with Pembroke (325) but 7.5 on Skye3 (335).
I am wondering if I should consider the last and go to 8 or consider the fact that Lindrick is close to the Skye3 with a different last.
So 7.5 or 8?
Edit : I have Marlow/Darlton on 8D that fit perfectly but I don't know the last and if it is English or US size on RL bye C&J.
Thanks for your help.
Vincent.post #11560 of 127476/18/16 at 1:46amQuote:Originally Posted by pwc008
I have the Connaught in a U.S. 10D, bought at Barneys in NYC, hence the American sizing. I found the last narrow, resulting in the right shoe needing 2 stretchings before it was comfortable, as my r. foot is longer and wider than my left. I have never been able to determine whether a Barneys branded Connaught 10D is the same shoe as a C&J UK 9E. Anyway, it is a great shoe, but with my feet, I might go with the Radstock if I had to do it all over again.
A quick update, I went with the Connaught in a size 10 (UK) F width (it is available in E and F in the black calf). The fit is almost perfect , little snug but after wearing in the house for half an hour the super soft leather has stretched just a little and they are now ideal. Given I have quite a wide foot this surprised me. I have to say they are a lovely shoe. Will post some pictures later.post #11561 of 127476/18/16 at 4:37ampost #11562 of 127476/18/16 at 9:44ampost #11563 of 127476/18/16 at 10:12ampost #11564 of 127476/18/16 at 11:50ampost #11565 of 127476/18/16 at 6:08pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 25 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 33 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway