Another double post!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 2:26 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 745post #11161 of 128542/19/16 at 11:08ampost #11162 of 128542/19/16 at 12:17pm
Yes. Well, I must say my Audleys are perfect. The leather "calf" is really outstanding and the singles soles are like sneakers. I have this pair around 8 years and the leather ages beautifully. HG leather has nothing to envy to the rest of top makers (have 3 pairs with heavy abuse).post #11163 of 128542/19/16 at 12:20pmpost #11164 of 128542/19/16 at 12:29pmpost #11165 of 128542/19/16 at 12:29pmpost #11166 of 128542/19/16 at 12:40pmpost #11167 of 128542/20/16 at 9:36ampost #11168 of 128542/20/16 at 2:22pmpost #11169 of 128542/20/16 at 2:35pmpost #11170 of 128542/23/16 at 6:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Highlands
Have you got some shoe trees yet?
Perhaps one of the shoe trees similar to the Woodlore Epic (with a large-ish head) will stretch out the leather a little. Check out some of the cobblers that sell them, and find out that exerts a good deal of pressure inside.
Failing this, you could take your shoes to a good cobbler to stretch a bit. Good luck!
I do have some shoe trees, I might have made the mistake of getting C&J shoe trees, although they have done its job well.
The pinky toe issue has largely disappear, and the culprit seems to be myself, as I often tied my oxford loosely. I'm still new to wearing snug shoes, so that required some adjustments. Hopefully with further wear, the issue should disappear.
This next bit is a question about C&J lasts and any alternatives. In my early shoe days, I fell in love with Bally (mostly because it was the first pair of "nice" shoes that I encountered). But I then made the mistake of buying a pair of glue-soled Bally derby, and going a size (or two) too big. I'm intending to let it go very soon, but then I came to a realisation that I have no black lace-up shoes. After doing some research, I arrived at 4 options: the Hallam/Alex on 348 last, the Connaught on 236 last, and the Audley on 337 last.
I have had some experience with the 348 last, being the initial choice for my first C&J pair before I settled for the Weymouth. Hence I would like to ask about the 236 last. How does it compare to the 348 and 337. I'm not particularly fussed about look, but about fit. It seems that my foot is more happy with a straight toe box, not a pointy one, so I'm currently levitating towards the 236. But I am open to your opinions.
I've been looking upmarket too, and the most agreeable option (both to my eyes and my wallet) is the Edward Green Chelsea on 82 last. How does it compare to the 3 C&J lasts?
Thanks in advance!post #11171 of 128542/23/16 at 7:01amQuote:
I have no experience of the 236, but I find C&J's newer lasts to be rather more spacious in the instep than the traditional (i.e. older) lasts used by the English makers. If you have shallow feet, you'll likely prefer EG's 82 or 888 (new, but based on the old 88). If you are fleshier of foot, you'll probably be happier in a C&J 3-series.post #11172 of 128542/23/16 at 8:17am
My first pair of C&J was the Connaught in the 236 last, though the Barney's branded version in a U.S. 10D. I still do not know if this shoe is merely a UK 9E labeled as U.S. 10D, or if it was really built on a distinct last. Anyway, although the shoes are very comfortable now, with excellent support and fit, the right shoe was very problematic for me and required 2 stretchings to fit properly. Whenever I encounter this issue with my shoes, I conclude that the shoes are unnecessarily narrow. However, I now believe this not to be the case and have concluded that the culprit is my feet, with their high instep, high arch, larger right foot at the widest point and narrow heel.
Hope this helps.post #11173 of 128542/23/16 at 4:12pmpost #11174 of 128542/23/16 at 5:09pmpost #11175 of 128542/23/16 at 11:34pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › What to wear with this shirt? 10 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 26 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 28 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 31 minutes ago
- › Jomers 31 minutes ago
- › New Tie - What to wear with it? 36 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 45 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...