Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 7:41am in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 742post #11116 of 127852/12/16 at 1:16pmpost #11117 of 127852/12/16 at 1:32pmJust got this silliness in my inbox:
Fashion forward rubbish, e.g. ugly £400 trainers and polka dot monks for the girls. Please C&J stick to what you do best: the classics. We don't need another Grenson.post #11118 of 127852/12/16 at 1:34pmpost #11119 of 127852/12/16 at 3:11pmpost #11120 of 127852/12/16 at 3:20pmpost #11121 of 127852/12/16 at 7:50pmpost #11122 of 127852/12/16 at 8:17pmpost #11123 of 127852/12/16 at 8:30pmpost #11124 of 127852/12/16 at 8:37pmpost #11125 of 127852/13/16 at 7:04ampost #11126 of 127852/13/16 at 7:56ampost #11127 of 127852/13/16 at 9:44ampost #11128 of 127852/14/16 at 4:31amHi all
This is my first post on StyleForum, I've been reading this thread for a while, and I got plenty of amazing info out of it. So I hope you guys can help me out on this one.
I pulled the trigger on my first pair of English shoes. The previous pair which loved to bits was some RM Williams MTO, which I wore without much painful break-in.
Since Double Monk opened a retail store in Sydney, I popped up for a fitting, initially wanting to get the C&J Alex but eventually settled for the Weymouth. It was literally the first pair of shoes that I confessed to fall in love with.
The fit was great regarding length, but since I'm new to English shoes, and having a snug fit is pretty much alien to me, I've had considerable issues regarding break-in. I've hit the road with the shoes on alternate days, even walking for 5 consecutive hours in a work setting, which the RMW handled beatifully most of the time. Considering that I've only got the shoes for a bit more than the week, I got some severe issues with the leather cutting painfully into my little toes, and to secure the heels, I have to tie my shoes so tightly that it actually hurts after a bit.
I was measured as a 7 UK in store, but the salespeople advised me to go down a half-size to 6.5 (with 7 a bit loose on the sides). Will these issues go away with further wear? I do understand that it's the beginning of a long journey with this pair, and I hope to get much out of it, and potentially other C&Js down the road.
Wha do you guys think? Any help will be much appreciated, and if you have made it this far, thanks for bearing it with mepost #11129 of 127852/14/16 at 4:57am
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Weymouths.
Interestingly, I picked up some "worn once" Weymouths on ebay last year. Absolutely beautiful shoes and oozing with quality.
I found the fit wasn't quite there but only because of a tight fit on my little toe. Although these might have stretched out a little if I wore them, I didnt want to risk sore feet, so I let them go.
I find other C&J lasts fit really well including Bradford (341), Pembroke (325) and Monktons (348)
I wonder if the Weymouth has a particularly narrow last in the toe box.post #11130 of 127852/14/16 at 5:03amQuote:Originally Posted by atia2
Just got this silliness in my inbox:
Fashion forward rubbish, e.g. ugly £400 trainers and polka dot monks for the girls. Please C&J stick to what you do best: the classics. We don't need another Grenson.
Warning: Fugly! (Click to show)
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD 15 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › DOES ANYONE RECOGNIT THESE SUNGLASSES (BRAND & MODEL) ? 13 minutes ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 15 minutes ago
- › Nid de Guêpes Studio : Escape black laced hoodie 18 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 18 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 23 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway