or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 736

post #11026 of 12784
Quote:
Originally Posted by globobock View Post

Thanks. After spending a night trying to polish neglected, battered down Skyes fresh from eBay with Kiwi lotion and Burgol Wax I'm pondering my options between leather fat or getting some spray.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by globobock View Post

Thanks. After spending a night trying to polish neglected, battered down Skyes fresh from eBay with Kiwi lotion and Burgol Wax I'm pondering my options between leather fat or getting some spray.

 

I like those boots!  Some shoe trees and a mild shine from some cream polish and they will be good to go!

post #11027 of 12784

Duplicate post


Edited by EnglishShoes - 2/2/16 at 3:10pm
post #11028 of 12784


After I let them dry overnight to fully adsorb the lotion and wax, some hearty polishing actually brought out a decent shine!

Now another 1-2 nights with shoe trees, and they are ready for the first walk.

In the meanwhile I can continue to ponder between Tierowa leather cream (fat) or getting some spray for impregnation.

Or I just leave it like that.

I'm happy though!
post #11029 of 12784
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Quick update on my recent Purdey Islay purchase w/ the 325 last for Purdey instead of the traditional 365 for CJ Islay's:

I have to say that, from a stylistic and construction standpoint, I am in love with them and can't find fault. However, I ordered a UK9.5 and am going to exchange them for a 9UK. If it helps anyone in the future, I'm a US10.5+ - like a 10.6 in my left foot and a 10.7 in my right; my right pinky toe gets crushed in narrow lasts. I found these 9.5s just a touch wide in the foot width, fine in the toebox, and a little big in the heel. if I was only ever going to wear real thick socks, they would probably work out but I'm not expecting to be in rugged cold anytime so it's more mid or even light socks at best.

Here's my other last info that might be useful for someone to compare to in the future:

CJ 358 Brunswick UK 9 1/2 E - perfect
Alden Plaza Last US10.5 B/D - great.
Carmina Simpson UK10 - snug but good.
CJ 240 (Peal boot) 10.5D - a touch big but OK
CJ 325 (Lindricks + Marlows Wingtip and Penny) 10.5D - a touch big but OK
CJ 348 (Ludlow boot) US10.5D - the right foot was about 1/4 too small, but stretched OK.

Hope that helps! I'll post an update when I get my UK9s...


Quick update for anyone following along:

Unfortunately, Purdey informed me that they do not have a 9 to exchange it with and are issuing me a refund instead. So, having tasted the fruit, I am back to pining for a deal on pair of Islays again. Maybe it just isn't meant to be for me....

baldy[1].gif

With that said, congrats to all you buggers who managed to get the right size on the first go 'round - I'm jealous!!!!
post #11030 of 12784
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post


Quick update for anyone following along:

Unfortunately, Purdey informed me that they do not have a 9 to exchange it with and are issuing me a refund instead. So, having tasted the fruit, I am back to pining for a deal on pair of Islays again. Maybe it just isn't meant to be for me....

baldy[1].gif

With that said, congrats to all you buggers who managed to get the right size on the first go 'round - I'm jealous!!!!


Sorry to hear that. On the bright side, at least they accept a return on this :P

post #11031 of 12784
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post


Sorry to hear that. On the bright side, at least they accept a return on this :P

True, plus they refunded my return shipping which, back across the pond, wasn't cheap. In the end I feel for them, at least on this deal with me they took a hit with shipping both ways and no sale; not how I wanted it to work out for either of us. @#$%.
post #11032 of 12784
PSA: Islays 7.5 UK for $300 (not my listing). Seller has a pair of Tetburys too.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/517467/crockett-jones-islay-uk7-5-brand-new
post #11033 of 12784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Dreadmon View Post

PSA: Islays 7.5 UK for $300 (not my listing). Seller has a pair of Tetburys too.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/517467/crockett-jones-islay-uk7-5-brand-new

Not my size but it seems fitting for me to state that if anyone did get the Purdey Islay's in a Size UK9 and wants to part with them, let me know!!!!
post #11034 of 12784

@razl i woudl have taken those islays qq

post #11035 of 12784

for the 365 last, do you go one full size down or 1.5 size down? 

 

10US = 9Uk or 10US = 8.5UK for the 365 last. 

post #11036 of 12784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhuatai View Post

@razl
 i woudl have taken those islays qq

If I would have known before sending them back that they wouldn't have had my size to exchange them for, I would have offered them here first, sorry! Unfortunately, between writing back to ask about a return and being told "sure, send em back - no prob!" and them arriving to be told "we no longer have your size" there just wasn't any room to maneuver.
post #11037 of 12784

Gentlemen,

 

Myself and others have expressed interest in a GMTO for whiskey cordovan Marlow, affectionately entitled the; "Warlow".  (Whiskey Marlow)

 

The Warlow specs are as follows:

 

Horween Whiskey Shell Cordovan 

325 Last

Antique Storm Welt

Contrast welt stitching

Double Leather Sole

 

Please comment if you are interested.  There are 3-4 of us interested already.

 

Thanks.

post #11038 of 12784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Gentlemen,

Myself and others have expressed interest in a GMTO for whiskey cordovan Marlow, affectionately entitled the; "Warlow".  (Whiskey Marlow)

The Warlow specs are as follows:

Horween Whiskey Shell Cordovan 
325 Last
Antique Storm Welt
Contrast welt stitching
Double Leather Sole

Please comment if you are interested.  There are 3-4 of us interested already.

Thanks.

How are you sizing? I understood CJ wouldn't do multiple widths on GMTOs.

Btw that's some unquenchabke craving you've got there, my man! You've been on quite a roll with unicornish makeups.
post #11039 of 12784
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


How are you sizing? I understood CJ wouldn't do multiple widths on GMTOs.

Btw that's some unquenchabke craving you've got there, my man! You've been on quite a roll with unicornish makeups.


Dr. Pepper,  Thanks Bro!

 

Yea, I have had to cycle some pairs out and then cycle some back in because of fit issues.

 

The 325 last is one of my best fitting lasts of all time.  Fits me perfect in a UK 10.

 

And yes, as you all know, I thoroughly enjoy wearing shell cordovan.  Especially the rare varieties.

post #11040 of 12784
Quote:
Originally Posted by adebisi View Post



Black grain Dundee boots.

 

This guy is posting these boots for sale at ebay uk and seems to be hiking their price with fake bidders (private). Just check his latest deals available and you'll always see a private bidder upping the prices but never going until the end/final seconds of the auction. I bothered to check all his last 30 deals and he uses the same scheme again and again. Highly suspect at least.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)