or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 734

post #10996 of 13175

Same two problems here.  I hate to use extra insoles and  tongue pads, but I will not sell them.

post #10997 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post


Gorgeous!!

As a side point it seems to me that you too have some extra room in the shoe opening near your ankle. Do you find that you are slipping a bit even though the shoe technically fits?

Thanks!

 

Honestly, I had never noticed that before or thought it to be an issue.  I have terrible feet that are a bit wide and have high arches, so perhaps that's the reason.  As far as fit, I also have a pair of Lonsdales and the only time I notice any "slip" in either is if I consciously think about whether its's happening  as I walk.  I find  pairs are very comfortable.  For what it's worth, I wear 10.5 US and both CJ's are 9.5E.

 

BeachBum, are you suggesting I should a wider last or perhaps a EE may help this ankle gap?

post #10998 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrod17 View Post

Thanks!

Honestly, I had never noticed that before or thought it to be an issue.  I have terrible feet that are a bit wide and have high arches, so perhaps that's the reason.  As far as fit, I also have a pair of Lonsdales and the only time I notice any "slip" in either is if I consciously think about whether its's happening  as I walk.  I find  pairs are very comfortable.  For what it's worth, I wear 10.5 US and both CJ's are 9.5E.

BeachBum, are you suggesting I should a wider last or perhaps a EE may help this ankle gap?

Looking back at the pic on second thought maybe they aren't as wide as first glance. The left looking at the pic as someone stated looks to have a lot of room at ankle. But you haven't laced them to the tightest point so maybe gap could be shrunk.

As far a which width no idea, but it appears that they are too wide for your feet, and not too narrow. If they are loose at the waist as they appear then you'd want a narrower last.
post #10999 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiggyv View Post
 

Wow so that would be 0.5 size up. Noted. Thanks.

 

I'm thinking I misunderstood this. Do you mean you take an 11.5 US Barrie and a 11.5 UK 337?

 

Or a 11.5 US 337 equivalent which would be 10.5UK?

post #11000 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiggyv View Post

I'm thinking I misunderstood this. Do you mean you take an 11.5 US Barrie and a 11.5 UK 337?

Or a 11.5 US 337 equivalent which would be 10.5UK?

I take a US11.5D in shoes on Alden Barrie last and a UK11.5E in shoes on C&J 337 and 324 lasts. I wear a UK11E in shoes on C&J 325 last. I wear a 12D in shoes on C&J 236, 341 and 325 lasts. These last three shoes were said to be US sized but I really think they are UK12D.

You may want to read this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/135437/crockett-jones-238-last
post #11001 of 13175
I'm looking for some advice on a boot purchase - I'm looking to pick up a pair of boots for casual wear, primarily with raw denim. I like the styling of the Snowdon, but wonder if it is too heavy or bulky of a boot and is better reserved for more inclement weather than I am likely to encounter in Texas. My other consideration is the Coniston (or EG Galway). I appreciate your opinions.
post #11002 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjaw View Post

I'm looking for some advice on a boot purchase - I'm looking to pick up a pair of boots for casual wear, primarily with raw denim. I like the styling of the Snowdon, but wonder if it is too heavy or bulky of a boot and is better reserved for more inclement weather than I am likely to encounter in Texas. My other consideration is the Coniston (or EG Galway). I appreciate your opinions.

Galway is the best rtw boot ever produced period. However C&J has some great offerrings the skye is very nice as are the conniston harlech and cj galway2. Really just comes down to preference although the EG is going to run you $5-600 more.
post #11003 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjaw View Post

I'm looking for some advice on a boot purchase - I'm looking to pick up a pair of boots for casual wear, primarily with raw denim. I like the styling of the Snowdon, but wonder if it is too heavy or bulky of a boot and is better reserved for more inclement weather than I am likely to encounter in Texas. My other consideration is the Coniston (or EG Galway). I appreciate your opinions.

I used to own both the Coniston and Galways. I actually purchased the Coniston first as I could not afford the EG Galway at that point (darkoak/walnut cc version) and Coniston seems a good alternative.

I subsequently decided to sell the Coniston after getting my dream boot Galway. Coniston is a nice looking pair but i found it very heavy to use.

I guess my point is if you like a pair, get it instead of the second best.
post #11004 of 13175

I popped into the Purdey's store this morning and picked up my new (hopefully) made by Crockett & Jones Boots. I'm really impressed by the quality of these :)

 

 

 

 

post #11005 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post


Galway is the best rtw boot ever produced period. However C&J has some great offerrings the skye is very nice as are the conniston harlech and cj galway2. Really just comes down to preference although the EG is going to run you $5-600 more.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post


I used to own both the Coniston and Galways. I actually purchased the Coniston first as I could not afford the EG Galway at that point (darkoak/walnut cc version) and Coniston seems a good alternative.

I subsequently decided to sell the Coniston after getting my dream boot Galway. Coniston is a nice looking pair but i found it very heavy to use.

I guess my point is if you like a pair, get it instead of the second best.


Thanks for this advice. I find it especially helpful to hear the opinion of someone who has owned both the Coniston and Galway. 

post #11006 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjaw View Post

I'm looking for some advice on a boot purchase - I'm looking to pick up a pair of boots for casual wear, primarily with raw denim. I like the styling of the Snowdon, but wonder if it is too heavy or bulky of a boot and is better reserved for more inclement weather than I am likely to encounter in Texas. My other consideration is the Coniston (or EG Galway). I appreciate your opinions.

I suggest you to consider also the AS Cambridge as an alternative to Coniston, imho the AS 87 last is better suited for a cap toe boot compared to the 325 and it looks nicer.
Galway is Galway, a dream boot in another league.
post #11007 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post

I used to own both the Coniston and Galways. I actually purchased the Coniston first as I could not afford the EG Galway at that point (darkoak/walnut cc version) and Coniston seems a good alternative.

I subsequently decided to sell the Coniston after getting my dream boot Galway. Coniston is a nice looking pair but i found it very heavy to use.

I guess my point is if you like a pair, get it instead of the second best.

CJ are for manly men, country style. No lightweights.
post #11008 of 13175
Let's see if this works, doing it all on phone while sitting at my local watering hole drinking the infamous zombie dust.

My purdey conistons, second time wearing them after receiving few days before. They're ggrrrrreat, to quote Tony.

UnCHjlt.jpg

7TniLLi.jpg
post #11009 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Bum View Post

Let's see if this works, doing it all on phone while sitting at my local watering hole drinking the infamous zombie dust.

My purdey conistons, second time wearing them after receiving few days before. They're ggrrrrreat, to quote Tony.

UnCHjlt.jpg

7TniLLi.jpg

Man, whatever you're testing it looks better than fine nod[1].gif
post #11010 of 13175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjaw View Post

I'm looking for some advice on a boot purchase - I'm looking to pick up a pair of boots for casual wear, primarily with raw denim. I like the styling of the Snowdon, but wonder if it is too heavy or bulky of a boot and is better reserved for more inclement weather than I am likely to encounter in Texas. My other consideration is the Coniston (or EG Galway). I appreciate your opinions.

Northcote.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)