Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 724

post #10846 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post
 


I have the same boots and get quite a bit of wear out of them, particularly in inclement weather. I use a nylon bristle brush with all of my suede shoes and that has served me well for years. That said, I've never tried a brass brush and it may be equal or better.

thanks!  do you know why some use brass?  what are the pros?  it seems quite tough to me and I wonder if it could ruin (i.e. scratch) the suede?

post #10847 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post
 


I have the same boots and get quite a bit of wear out of them, particularly in inclement weather. I use a nylon bristle brush with all of my suede shoes and that has served me well for years. That said, I've never tried a brass brush and it may be equal or better.

thanks!  do you know why some use brass?  what are the pros?  it seems quite tough to me and I wonder if it could ruin (i.e. scratch) the suede?


I don't, but I share your concerns. My nylon brush is stiff enough to pull up the nap.

post #10848 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post
 


I don't, but I share your concerns. My nylon brush is stiff enough to pull up the nap.

 

cool.  which specific one do you have?

post #10849 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post
 


I don't, but I share your concerns. My nylon brush is stiff enough to pull up the nap.

 

cool.  which specific one do you have?

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/gifts/gifts-by-price/gifts-under-50-2/suede-and-nubuck-cleaning-system/SF557.html?dwvar_SF557_color=557#q=suede%2Bcare&start=2

post #10850 of 13841
post #10851 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Ha!

“The harder I practice, the luckier I get.” ― Gary Player

I drop by often, I would imagine more than most. I do know the staff true, though it's not about having the in sideline mwink[1].gif

I've bought from the factory a couple of times when they used to deliver. I called last weekend and they confirmed they don't send out anymore 😞 They had some Malton's in my size but wouldn't post out. I wonder if any established members would be able in the near future to collect for me if and when they have a suitable pair in my size and post out to me to London. I would be happy to pay that member a small commission 😄 Please message me if anyone could do this.
post #10852 of 13841
post #10853 of 13841
post #10854 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Purdey Conistons lookalikes for cheap.
http://www.purdey.com/clothing-accessories/mens-calf-leather-boot-with-dainite-sole-boot056.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Dreadmon View Post


CJ boots for $300 shipped to US at Purdey:

Just ordered, thanks for the PSA!
post #10855 of 13841
Are the Purdey Coniston look a likes definitely made by C&J?
post #10856 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichaice View Post

Are the Purdey Coniston look a likes definitely made by C&J?

Yes.
post #10857 of 13841

If only those Dark Brown Purdey Coniston are on sale.

post #10858 of 13841
hey folks, how did everyone end up sizing the Purdey Islays? thx for info
post #10859 of 13841
delete, duplicate
post #10860 of 13841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Dreadmon View Post

Heads up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newinny View Post

CJ boots for $300 shipped to US at Purdey:

http://www.purdey.com/clothing-accessories/grain-leather-brogue-boots-boot061.aspx

http://www.purdey.com/clothing-accessories/mens-calf-leather-boot-with-dainite-sole-boot056.aspx

 

I wish they had these in 6.5 UK!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)