Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/17/17 at 9:21pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 706post #10576 of 1317612/19/15 at 5:33ampost #10577 of 1317612/19/15 at 11:43amThey're quite nice - at the price, and with the daintiest sole, I plan to use them as "fancy" boat shoes. At the same time, you're not missing anything too amazing with these!
Question of my own: if you could only have one of the below, which would it be? Peal cordovan boot and SWB, both for brooks, both 240 last:post #10578 of 1317612/19/15 at 11:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Bleedblue
They're quite nice - at the price, and with the daintiest sole, I plan to use them as "fancy" boat shoes. At the same time, you're not missing anything too amazing with these!
Question of my own: if you could only have one of the below, which would it be? Peal cordovan boot and SWB, both for brooks, both 240 last:
Beautiful love the boots I should have jumped on those when on sale.
I too bought the SWB the shoe is a bit loose. I measure between 11c and 11d for my shoe size and wear a 10.5D in AE Park Aves. I bought the SWB from BB in a 10.5D and its fairly roomy, I might have to go down to a 10D. heres the pic of the shoe on thoughts?post #10579 of 1317612/19/15 at 12:10pmpost #10580 of 1317612/19/15 at 12:17pmpost #10581 of 1317612/19/15 at 5:38pmpost #10582 of 1317612/19/15 at 5:51pm
I don't want to take anything away from this amazing thread, but we started a special thread dedicated to the CJ for BB offerings here:
Those of you who have quite a bit of experience with sizing, you are more than welcome to comment there.
I just felt that those offerings were so good they needed their own thread.
Thanks and have a Great Weekend.post #10583 of 1317612/21/15 at 1:34pm
I am looking for sizing advice. I have limited exposure to only two C&J lasts
Last 358: My size is 9
Last 324: My size is 9.5
What size should I take in lasts 337, 348 and 341?
For reference, following are my sizes in EG and AE
EG 82 last, D width: Size 9.5
AE Park Avenue: Size 9.5
Thank youpost #10584 of 1317612/21/15 at 3:11pmpost #10585 of 1317612/22/15 at 10:36ampost #10586 of 1317612/23/15 at 6:40amHoping someone can help me with sizing... I want to get a pair of dark brown oxfords from the C&J NYC store (I have a store credit there), I don't live in NY so driving to try on is not an option.
I am looking at the straight cap toes like the Connaught, Radstock, etc. but am unsure which of those lasts would work well for me. I have the Pembroke in a 10E UK (11D US), and I wear a 10.5D Alden Barrie/11D Alden Grant/10.5D Alden Van comfortably. I have a wide-ish foot and somewhat high arch, and have generally found in US makers that for dress shoes I need an E width. Some C&J seem to be wider in standard width.
Any suggestions on a last/model to zero in on? Also, does anyone know if they have a sale coming up at the stores after Xmas?post #10587 of 1317612/23/15 at 7:01amSounds as though we have similar feet (except in length). I find the Alden Van in 8D to be an almost perfect fit; 8E in Park Ave as well.
I would recommend steering well clear of the 348, and potentially the 341 as well (I have a pair with unsightly creases, I suspect caused by a combination of volume and sizing up for width).
The 360 (Malton) has been an excellent fit all around. The 325 (Chepstow) has an oddly tapered waist that's hell to get a wide foot through, but once it's on I find it to be an excellent fit width-wide and instep-wise. And the 240 last (Peal) is heaven with its high instep - although I find it a bit wonky from a length perspective.
Hope that helps.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkpost #10588 of 1317612/23/15 at 4:25pmpost #10589 of 1317612/23/15 at 5:27pmpost #10590 of 1317612/23/15 at 5:58pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Cheaney 16 seconds ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 18 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 36 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano Girling St James 2 Vintage Cherry 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...