Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:43 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 701post #10501 of 1240512/4/15 at 1:07pmpost #10502 of 1240512/4/15 at 1:11pmpost #10503 of 1240512/4/15 at 1:19pmpost #10504 of 1240512/4/15 at 1:37pmpost #10505 of 1240512/4/15 at 1:38pmpost #10506 of 1240512/4/15 at 1:46pmQuote:
Ha! first thing the Duchess said. Laces sorted...
Then she said 'but you have those already..."
"Ah, no. they're similar but not the same, certainly not the same! How very dare you!", indignant strop for five minutes ensued whilst I gather my thoughts....
Knowing smile from Duchess diffuses situation, I live to fight ano....post #10507 of 1240512/5/15 at 9:00ampost #10508 of 1240512/5/15 at 1:05pmpost #10509 of 1240512/6/15 at 4:52amI posted this in the main forum - but I realised it'd probably be better off here. Sorry everyone!
Hey all - I've been a long time lurker and recently purchased a pair of C&J Islays about 3 weeks back. They're lovely boots and were real comfortable right out of the box. I know general consensus here is that these boots are a tough country-style boot, although I can't help but want to make sure they're well taken care of, and with majority of the wear minimized to an extent.
I've only worn them about 3 times so far - one time in a moderate downpour and there's a slight change to the sole of one of the boots.
Some pictures of the boots - with one of the pairs unblemished and the other one with a slight scarring. Also a close up of the affected area.
Hope you guys can give me some advice on whether this is a serious issue and if I have to take some measures to prevent any further damage/wear to that particular area or to the boots in general.
Sorry and thanks everyone for reading!post #10510 of 1240512/6/15 at 6:05ampost #10511 of 1240512/6/15 at 6:16ampost #10512 of 1240512/6/15 at 7:06ampost #10513 of 1240512/6/15 at 7:10ampost #10514 of 1240512/6/15 at 8:01ampost #10515 of 1240512/6/15 at 4:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by flashymorass
Hey thanks for the reply - yep the uppers are great. Just that blemish on the sole. There's a slight gap now though at that area which i'm afraid might cause further problems especially when exposed to rain. Thanks for the input as well, any idea what I could do to remedy this?
Have a cobbler glue it back down.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1620 Active Users (301 Members and 1319 Guests)
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › Is this too tight? 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Red Wing #9030 10D Indy Boot 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...