or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 71

post #1051 of 12827

Double post


Edited by Pint of Brew - 2/15/12 at 3:57pm
post #1052 of 12827

Aaaand triple post


Edited by Pint of Brew - 2/15/12 at 3:57pm
post #1053 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

I got me jar of Reno yesterday. After using it on my old New&Lingwood calf pennies and a pair of well worn Alden shells I won´t describe it as "greasy". The cream has a lighter feel and is gives more shine. The reno feels like it gets deeper into the shoe.

I won´t hesitate using the reno on my dress shoes.

I am a big fan of the Saphir Reno - Do not understand why anyone would describe it as greasy.
post #1054 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

I am a big fan of the Saphir Reno - Do not understand why anyone would describe it as greasy.

I love the Reno, just stocked up on two more jars from valmour.fr
post #1055 of 12827
^ It's clearly an excellent product but I think that isn't suited for shoes well cared but it's perfect to restore worn, scuffed or dry leather shoes.
I care regularly all my shoes and I found that Reno isn't so necessary, Lotion Medaille d'or (or other lighter lotions) is better for my purpose, that's all.
post #1056 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

I think that isn't suited for shoes well cared but it's perfect to restore worn, scuffed or dry leather shoes.

that sounds reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

I care regularly all my shoes and I found that Reno isn't so necessary,

this

imo, it's an exclusive quick shine product for lazy people.
post #1057 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandie View Post

 
my theory, which is mine and belongs to me, is as follows:

[*] errr, that's it

in a nutshell: ah, ok
post #1058 of 12827
For all brown nubuck Tetbury owners - try navy polish the next time round - you'll be surprised at the instant antiquing.
post #1059 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

that sounds reasonable.

this
imo, it's an exclusive quick shine product for lazy people.

I would agree that regularly cared for shoes are unlikely to need Reno, but I purchased a pair of NOS Church's and found it was fantastic helping to moisturize them. I generally use the reno once every six months or so but do nto use it to create a shine--circurlar motion and elbow grease for that.
post #1060 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post


I am a big fan of the Saphir Reno - Do not understand why anyone would describe it as greasy.


+1

I use reno from time to time and apply it to the shoe with my bare finger. I do not find it to be greasy at all, it feels slightly oily but only slightly and dries very quickly.

post #1061 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

I would agree that regularly cared for shoes are unlikely to need Reno, but I purchased a pair of NOS Church's and found it was fantastic helping to moisturize them. I generally use the reno once every six months or so but do nto use it to create a shine--circurlar motion and elbow grease for that.

thank you for abolishing the mystification.
post #1062 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post


I would agree that regularly cared for shoes are unlikely to need Reno, but I purchased a pair of NOS Church's and found it was fantastic helping to moisturize them. I generally use the reno once every six months or so but do nto use it to create a shine--circurlar motion and elbow grease for that.


Similar to you, I use Reno on new shoes because I've got no idea how long they'd been sitting there without being moisturized. Aside from that I don't use it at all. Shoe cream and wax are more than sufficient for taking care of my shoes.

 

post #1063 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

thank you for abolishing the mystification.

No problem, Fritzl. smile.gif
post #1064 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post


Similar to you, I use Reno on new shoes because I've got no idea how long they'd been sitting there without being moisturized.


actually, this is a luxury problem, anyway. it's good to have a regiment.
post #1065 of 12827
PSA

Went by the Barney's Warehouse sale in NY this morning and they had a few pairs of C&Js from what I saw.

One size 8 and two size 10 Brown boots on the 348 last 8 eyelets (4 speed, 4 regular) captoe boots with a dainite sole for $320
One in black of the same boot in size 10
One pair of black plain toe oxfords in size 11 for $220. Don't recall if it had a leather or dainite sole.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)