or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 692

post #10366 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Harrogates

Great looking Monks! May I know more about the trousers ?

Phillip smile.gif
post #10367 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdos View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Harrogates

Great looking Monks! May I know more about the trousers ?

Phillip smile.gif

Polo Ralph Lauren jeans from a couple years ago.
post #10368 of 12827

good morning!  just got a pair of crockett and jones.westfield in dark brown.  I love them! I keep them at work and will never wear them outside.

 

general questions:

 

1. do you use Bick 4 leather conditioner, or saphir renovateur?

2. do you treat the leather sole of the shoe?

3. use shoe wax or shoe cream?

4. if I got boots, would they more or less fit the same?

 

would like any advice!  I really like the shoes, light, yet supportive, a cut above Allen Edmonds.

 

have a great day!

bob

 

:) 

post #10369 of 12827
I use bick 4 it's less harsh on the burnishing. I do not treat the leather sole of the shoe to me it would only serve to soften the leather sole and make it wear faster. On calf you may use wax or cream depending on the look you are looking for. Lasts fit differently among shoes and boots. Even if they size the same they may fit differently.

Also pics or it didnt happen.
Edited by bespoken pa - 11/14/15 at 8:59am
post #10370 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdes81 View Post

It's snowing today so I thought I'd put my new Islays to work!




I just love these.  The scotch grain leather is fantastic. Surprisingly soft and pliable!

I totally agree with this. fistbump.gif

I have black scotch grain Skye boots - I wore them last night and found myself thinking the same thing.
post #10371 of 12827


thanks bespoken! will work on photos!  i did just get Bicks 4.  i look forward to getting more C&J.  more affordable than Edward Green. a big price difference for me.

 

have a GREAT DAY!

best,

Bob:)

post #10372 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Harrogates

Man do i love those double monks.  325 last?  Damn fine trouser as well.  I'd say your very well put together for the day Sir!

post #10373 of 12827
Whiskey Unlined Harvard 8.5E. 9.5D TTS here. Last couple of wears before they get put away for the Winter. 80 here today.
post #10374 of 12827
Foster & Son (Crockett & Jones Clifford 337) sorry for the poor quality





post #10375 of 12827
Hi,

I would appreciate if someone could point out the last on these C&J (Peal & Co) cordovan shoes at Brooks Brothers and give size advice. Looking at the heel pattern, they do seem to be made by C&J. They are not available as yet at my local Brooks Borthers store and I don't want to miss out on the 15% discount. I don't have any experienc of C&J as yet. My shoe size in others brands is as follows

EG UK 9/US 9.5 (82 last D width)
Allen Edmonds Park Avenue/Fifth Avenue US 9.5 D

Do these Peal & Co. shoes run true to size? Should I order both US 9 & 9.5 just to be safe and then return according?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.®-Brogue/MH00471,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00471_Color=DKBR&contentpos=35&cgid=0522

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.®-Bluchers/MH00470,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00470_Color=DKRD&contentpos=33&cgid=0522

Just looking at the photos, the wingtip seems more wide than the Blucher.


Thanks for all the help
post #10376 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Harrogates Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Man do i love those double monks.  325 last?  Damn fine trouser as well.  I'd say your very well put together for the day Sir!

Thanks man.
I believe they're on 341 last.
post #10377 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliMurtaza View Post

Hi,

I would appreciate if someone could point out the last on these C&J (Peal & Co) cordovan shoes at Brooks Brothers and give size advice. Looking at the heel pattern, they do seem to be made by C&J. They are not available as yet at my local Brooks Borthers store and I don't want to miss out on the 15% discount. I don't have any experienc of C&J as yet. My shoe size in others brands is as follows

EG UK 9/US 9.5 (82 last D width)
Allen Edmonds Park Avenue/Fifth Avenue US 9.5 D

Do these Peal & Co. shoes run true to size? Should I order both US 9 & 9.5 just to be safe and then return according?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.®-Brogue/MH00471,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00471_Color=DKBR&contentpos=35&cgid=0522

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.®-Bluchers/MH00470,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00470_Color=DKRD&contentpos=33&cgid=0522

Just looking at the photos, the wingtip seems more wide than the Blucher.


Thanks for all the help

The wingtips are on the 240 last. I am unsure about the PTBs.
post #10378 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertE View Post
 

good morning!  just got a pair of crockett and jones.westfield in dark brown.  I love them! I keep them at work and will never wear them outside.

 

general questions:

 

1. do you use Bick 4 leather conditioner, or saphir renovateur?

2. do you treat the leather sole of the shoe?

3. use shoe wax or shoe cream?

4. if I got boots, would they more or less fit the same?

 

would like any advice!  I really like the shoes, light, yet supportive, a cut above Allen Edmonds.

 

have a great day!

bob

 

:) 


Bob, each to their own as they say but in my opinion wearing your shoes iniside is like keeping an anmal in the cage. Have no fear and wear them outside. The soles will get worn no matter where you wear them. They're not going to outlive you (and even if they did what would be the point?).

 

As far as the questions you have raised my advice would be to do your own research and make a decision on what claim you agree more with. In this forum you will find lots of theories contradicting each other and neither of those holding more water than the others. By their very nature forums tend to create hype.

post #10379 of 12827
Grain boots via Brooks Brothers Black Fleece.
post #10380 of 12827
Are those a recent acquisition zippy?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)