or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...) - Page 680

post #10186 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

One last effort (only other pics I found) to see about interest in possibly (in a Zugless world) doing the Snowdon in C&J's "walnut hurricane" which is waterproof like oak wax hide. I prefer it, as I think it's richer and more complex. I don't mind the waxed oak but it's little "washed out" to me - just not as interesting in my view.
 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




 

 

Assuming they're happy to use that, it could work for me, although I might have to pop up to London and see it in the flesh (!) first. There's also the waxed rough-out leather than CTBrummie used for his Snowdons (below). I know what you mean about the waxed oak, but one thing I like is that the veldtschoen stitching/shape stands out - it's seems a bit lost in the darker leathers

 

post #10187 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglose View Post
 


I would also be potentially interested in this make up, so if ZUG is available, please let me know as well. 


Noted

post #10188 of 12827
I don't think C&J are ever going to do the roughout again for a veldtschoen make - I think CTBrummie got a unique make. But maybe I'm wrong or they will change their minds.
post #10189 of 12827


Just had an email from C&J, the factory are still hunting down the zug, but I was told:

 

  • widths must all be the same
  • toe-cap must be on all boots (or none!)
post #10190 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

I don't think C&J are ever going to do the roughout again for a veldtschoen make - I think CTBrummie got a unique make. But maybe I'm wrong or they will change their minds.


Ok. I did ask if they can tell me what leathers could be used, as it seems to be quite limited for veldtschoen

post #10191 of 12827
^ Cool. Good idea and thanks for putting in the effort.
post #10192 of 12827
post #10193 of 12827
Description says Calf Skin
post #10194 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post

Description says Calf Skin
Maybe he linked wrong shoes? You're right the linked shoes do say calfskin though.
post #10195 of 12827
he is saying it looks like cordovan and is priced accordingly
post #10196 of 12827
All aboard the zug train.

Seriously hope this all comes together.
post #10197 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post

Maybe he linked wrong shoes? You're right the linked shoes do say calfskin though.

Oversight on my end. Did not read the description. Saw the price point and pictures. They look like a new model at a similar price point to the cordovan shortwings listed above. It would be interesting to see if they are shell or calf. To my eye they look like shell.
post #10198 of 12827
It's a 50/50 chance. If they were 5 hole bluchers I'd buy now and find out later but I've never been a fan of dressy PTB's.
post #10199 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeljh View Post
 


Just had an email from C&J, the factory are still hunting down the zug, but I was told:

 

  • widths must all be the same
  • toe-cap must be on all boots (or none!)

 

I don't get the width restriction.  Can they explain how constructing an 8E and an 8D is that much more difficult than making an 8E and a 9E?

post #10200 of 12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post


Oversight on my end. Did not read the description. Saw the price point and pictures. They look like a new model at a similar price point to the cordovan shortwings listed above. It would be interesting to see if they are shell or calf. To my eye they look like shell.


They are calf. I tried these on a few weeks ago. It is a very pretty shoe, especially in person. Those brown shortwings looked like shell when I saw them (didn't handle them) but was initially listed online as calf.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)