or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Would you buy a Chinese car?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Would you buy a Chinese car?

post #1 of 76
Thread Starter 
Just curious what people think ... Great Wall and Chery are expanding beyond China now ... would you consider buying a Chinese car?
post #2 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by wave9384 View Post
Just curious what people think ... Great Wall and Chery are expanding beyond China now ... would you consider buying a Chinese car?

There was talk some time ago about Walmart carrying these things. I don't know, if the price was amazing and it looked cool I'd consider it.
post #3 of 76
if by chance I lose all my dignity and self-respect I will consider being seen in one, but as long as I have an iota of pride in myself, I think I'd rather walk thank you.
post #4 of 76
Id rather buy I used pos..
post #5 of 76
No, never. Having seen so many people die in them from minor fender benders, no fucking way.
post #6 of 76
Depends on how good it is ... I have had 3 Skodas in the last 8 years so I am not against manufacturers based in "non developed" world
post #7 of 76
Fuck the Chinese. I try as hard as I can (and as much as I can afford) to buy as little as possible from that hell hole.
post #8 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClambakeSkate View Post
Fuck the Chinese. I try as hard as I can (and as much as I can afford) to buy as little as possible from that hell hole.

This made me giggle.
post #9 of 76
I'll buy anything that's excellent, I don't care where it's made.

At the moment I think most Chinese cars are, relatively speaking, not very good, but that doesn't mean it'll be the case forever.

Lots of Japanese and Korean products used to be crap and now many/most are terrific.

Many Chinese products used to be garbage, but now they're making some of, for example, the best laptops on the planet (Lenovo Thinkpad).
post #10 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post
Depends on how good it is ... I have had 3 Skodas in the last 8 years so I am not against manufacturers based in "non developed" world

Are you kidding? Skoda is owned by VW!
post #11 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post
Depends on how good it is ... I have had 3 Skodas in the last 8 years so I am not against manufacturers based in "non developed" world

So a rebadged VW is "non developed" to you (I realize where Skoda originated, but nowadays, shit's all VW)?

I value my life and would rather ride a scooter than drive a Chinese car. Probably have a better chance of surviving an accident on one of those too.
post #12 of 76
I remember when the first Chinese car was introduced in the EU. Crash tests showed you'd lose your life if you crashed it (or someone crashed into you) at 30 mph, and its sale was prohibited until it would meet the safety standards. The manufacturer basically installed a metal bar in the front to just barely meet the requirements. They may be crap at building cars at the moment, but so were the Japanese a couple of decades back. Surely they will improve given enough time. I might consider it once they manage to produce a proper car.
post #13 of 76
Since they make components of airplanes we fly in, why not?
post #14 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by drum View Post
I remember when the first Chinese car was introduced in the EU. Crash tests showed you'd lose your life if you crashed it (or someone crashed into you) at 30 mph, and its sale was prohibited until it would meet the safety standards. The manufacturer basically installed a metal bar in the front to just barely meet the requirements.

They may be crap at building cars at the moment, but so were the Japanese a couple of decades back. Surely they will improve given enough time. I might consider it once they manage to produce a proper car.

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodum5 View Post
Since they make components of airplanes we fly in, why not?

+1

Ignoring the jingoism and thinly veiled racism, I don't see how this is any different from buying a Hyundai 20 years ago, or a Toyota in the '50s.
post #15 of 76
In communist China, car crashes you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Would you buy a Chinese car?