or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Inside Ralph Lauren's garage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Inside Ralph Lauren's garage - Page 3

post #31 of 53
this was in a sub division near us years a go.......
post #32 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by limping_decorum View Post


this was in a sub division near us years a go.......

wtf, did you go ask what they wanted for it?
post #33 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack View Post
wtf, did you go ask what they wanted for it?

that picture is from the late 80's.....i was a teenager.
post #34 of 53
It's a 330 2+2 and probably would have cost more to restore than the final product is worth.
post #35 of 53
These cars are to die for. The man is a hero and a legend! His cars are the material of fantasies.
post #36 of 53
whats gonna happen with all those cars when he dies???
i think hes wasting his time
post #37 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83 View Post
It's a 330 2+2 and probably would have cost more to restore than the final product is worth.

you already have a ferrari
post #38 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post
whats gonna happen with all those cars when he dies???
i think hes wasting his time

huh?
post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome_dout View Post
Nice cars! As an aside, some of the comments on that page referring to the decline in quality of Mr. Lauren's various labels are rather funny.

But very, very true. I mean the zippers on everything from Polo to RLPL are a joke.
post #40 of 53
What's wrong with his zippers?
post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83 View Post
What's wrong with his zippers?
They don't zip. It's a massive problem. I mean an RLPL garment for $4000 and the zipper doesn't work properly. And they have been getting steadily worse. I mean really, how much does a good zipper cost?
post #42 of 53
You just need to use them a little before they work without issue. I think it's more a problem of newness than of quality.
post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
They don't zip. It's a massive problem. I mean an RLPL garment for $4000 and the zipper doesn't work properly. And they have been getting steadily worse. I mean really, how much does a good zipper cost?

The only zipper that's currently annoying me is a Loro Piana zipper. But how difficult can it be to replace a zipper?
post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post
You just need to use them a little before they work without issue. I think it's more a problem of newness than of quality.

I work everyday with RL clothing, I promise you, they don't work right even with years of use.
post #45 of 53
So do I, and I also own about $50,000 worth of it. They work fine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Inside Ralph Lauren's garage