• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW Chan's March Tour

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone going to the tour in March?

emptym

Reaction score
I am, M. Am thinking a brown tweed sport coat and/or a green corduroy one. Or maybe brown corduroy and/or green tweed.

JawnGault

Reaction score
I will be getting a couple shirts made. Still mulling on getting a tweed sportcoat.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might be getting trousers or a sportcoat

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
What's the damage on sport coats from basic fabrics these days?

I don't really know but I wanted one and it was about $1000 so i would say $700-$1200

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
What's the damage on sport coats from basic fabrics these days?

Sportcoats from reputable mills like Hardy, Porter & Harding, Breanish, W Bill, etc. are $1100-1300. Luxury fabrics like Scabal and LP are more expensive, as are fabrics with cashmere content.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
Sportcoats from reputable mills like Hardy, Porter & Harding, Breanish, W Bill, etc. are $1100-1300. Luxury fabrics like Scabal and LP are more expensive, as are fabrics with cashmere content.

Prices have sure gone up!

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
Prices have sure gone up!

These prices are from June/November 2010 (Nov were like 1-3% higher). The lower end are tweeds from Hardy/Harrisons (I paid $1075 for one in P&H Glenroyal in November) and the higher end are from Breanish/Bill.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
No appointment yet, but I'm thinking of ordering a light grey suit.

Any suggestions for fabric? I'm thinking 8-10 oz, light grey with good visual interest (flecks, etc).

emptym

Reaction score
^I'd like a suit like that too. Maybe in a year or two. Email them and let them know that's what you're interested in. They don't bring all the books, but they could make sure to pull some things out for you.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
^I'd like a suit like that too. Maybe in a year or two. Email them and let them know that's what you're interested in. They don't bring all the books, but they could make sure to pull some things out for you.

Thanks Mark, great idea.

brooklyn

Reaction score
I am considering having another suit made. I had a suit made 2 years ago using a VBC super 130 and was looking for something that is a bit more durable. Any suggestions on what to look for when looking for fabrics?

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym

Keep in mind that Patrick tends to recommend non-SF approved cloth, such as Zegna, LP, etc. with high super numbers and low weights. He actually discouraged me from picking from the Harrisons and Lesser books.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads