Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Free alterations? That makes it much better deal.
My thoughts on HB are:
1. If you are 44R or larger you could always find better made suit elsewhere.
2. If you are 50 and older you can definitely find a better suit elsewhere.
3. Boss has young cuts that complement fit, younger guys.
4. Fabric prints are also more interesting and young compare to usual, drab variety that you find at STP, Ebay or Filene's.
5. HB is a suit to wear to the club or party. HB is not a good place to find a suit for interview or work as you can always find those cheaper work suits made by venerable Canali-Corneliani-Zegna family on deep discounts at Filenes'(somewhere around $300-350 on sale), but the big downside is ...: they are almost always of drab-print variety.
So for younger, thinner Size:36-40 guy who is looking for a party suit HB is good.
That could potentially be true, but for modern, trendier suits, there are lots more options, many in the same price range, Z Zegna, Paul Smith, Etro, Seize sue Vingt, Dries van Noten, Costume National, Commes de Garcons, Martin Margiela, that are generally considered trendier than Boss. I see Boss as more of a fusion line, trying to be a trendy alternative to suits like Polo Ralph Lauren, while being cheaper than the fashion labels such as Gucci and Prada. I don't see them as a true dressed up Streetwear derivative.