or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › SExDBxSxS12 Contest: Styleforum vs Superfuture
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SExDBxSxS12 Contest: Styleforum vs Superfuture - Page 2

post #16 of 405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSneaker View Post
Call me a noob, but "phantom guys?"

basically what it says ... dudes who never really post or say much but just lurk a lot and come out of nowhere to win. happened in a few of the sufu contests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot View Post
rkd, those look great.

thx bro, appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomy¥ View Post
First fit!

nice ... did you go TTS? i assume this is presoak
post #17 of 405
Yes before presoak, yes I went TTS!
post #18 of 405
Thread Starter 
true to size ...

just asking in case you sized up or something because people didnt get as much shrinkage as expected from these after soaking
post #19 of 405
In. Just ordered. Went TTS. Will post pictures upon receipt.
post #20 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
true to size ...

just asking in case you sized up or something because people didnt get as much shrinkage as expected from these after soaking

I was pretty sure they would fit because I experimented with some Levis STF size W33.L36 and they turned out fine! I originaly was going to get the ringring's but went with these instead!
post #21 of 405
Nuts...just got the FedEx notification that I won't get my jeans until Wednesday 3/2. Seems oddly long for a domestic shipment, even if it's going from coast to coast. I was kinda hoping they'd ship from SENY and be at my doorstep when I got home tomorrow.
post #22 of 405
Thread Starter 
yeah fedex ground takes awhile from west-coast ... had the same wait as you. feel your pain
post #23 of 405
I actually went a size down on these. It was tough at first, but over-all it was a better fit through the legs. Wouldn't have done it differently. I think it is leading to some pretty incredible fades. I'll start posting pics this week.

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply
post #24 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
yeah fedex ground takes awhile from west-coast ... had the same wait as you. feel your pain

Yeah, hopefully the superfuturistics won't be too hard-nosed about the order date v. the start date. I'm cautiously optimistic that my participation will be accepted without issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSneaker View Post
I actually went a size down on these. It was tough at first, but over-all it was a better fit through the legs. Wouldn't have done it differently. I think it is leading to some pretty incredible fades. I'll start posting pics this week.

Interesting...I'll see how mine fit pre-shrink and make a judgement call then. I like the idea of the smaller leg opening on the next size down, but I also like the idea of having functional front pockets on the pair of jeans I'm going to be wearing for the majority of the next year. If they're looser pre-shrink than I want them to be post-stretch, I may be bold and exchange for the next size down, but I'm thinking it's unlikely at this point.
post #25 of 405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post
Yeah, hopefully the superfuturistics won't be too hard-nosed about the order date v. the start date. I'm cautiously optimistic that my participation will be accepted without issue.
yeah dude dont worry about it. this is going to be a really chill, low maintenance contest and looks like not that many peeps are participating on both sides so the more the merrier. im fine with people joining through early march and the dude from sufu doesnt seem to care. there hasnt been really much activity on their side lately anyways plus if you think about it no one should care since it just puts everyone who started before you at an advantage to win edit: yeah the sufu side had a lot of questions on sizing. i think the waist really doesnt matter since it stretches and most will wear a belt. what you want is for the top block to be tight but obviously not excruciating. shrinkage has been minimal in majority cases for top block and inseam. mine have stretched out perfectly!
post #26 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post
Yeah, hopefully the superfuturistics won't be too hard-nosed about the order date v. the start date. I'm cautiously optimistic that my participation will be accepted without issue.



Interesting...I'll see how mine fit pre-shrink and make a judgement call then. I like the idea of the smaller leg opening on the next size down, but I also like the idea of having functional front pockets on the pair of jeans I'm going to be wearing for the majority of the next year. If they're looser pre-shrink than I want them to be post-stretch, I may be bold and exchange for the next size down, but I'm thinking it's unlikely at this point.

Fit is great over-all, but front pockets are not ideally functional. The denim is so heavy that my right pocket is nearly impossible to use. Oddly, the left one has more give and I keep my cell phone in that pocket.

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply
post #27 of 405
Just got em back in a few minutes ago from SE, started wearing them immediately!!!
post #28 of 405
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSneaker View Post
Fit is great over-all, but front pockets are not ideally functional. The denim is so heavy that my right pocket is nearly impossible to use. Oddly, the left one has more give and I keep my cell phone in that pocket.

yeah mine are tight in top block as well. stretched to perfect but i only use my left pocket for phone. takes a few seconds longer to get my iphone out though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomy¥ View Post
Just got em back in a few minutes ago from SE, started wearing them immediately!!!

nice!!!
post #29 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSneaker View Post
Fit is great over-all, but front pockets are not ideally functional. The denim is so heavy that my right pocket is nearly impossible to use. Oddly, the left one has more give and I keep my cell phone in that pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
yeah mine are tight in top block as well. stretched to perfect but i only use my left pocket for phone. takes a few seconds longer to get my iphone out though.

Good to know. Unless the waist is considerably larger than expected (I'm hoping it's going to arrive at around the size I want it to be post-stretch), I'll probably stick with the 30s (TTS). I don't have huge thighs because I walked up a flight of stairs once when I was a kid or because I think I lifted weights this one time or anything like that, but my hip flexors are kind of overdeveloped (I blame college rowing), and the openings of the front pockets on most jeans hit me right there. It's always kind of embarrassing when I have to stand up to get my phone out of my pocket.
post #30 of 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post
Good to know. Unless the waist is considerably larger than expected (I'm hoping it's going to arrive at around the size I want it to be post-stretch), I'll probably stick with the 30s (TTS). I don't have huge thighs because I walked up a flight of stairs once when I was a kid or because I think I lifted weights this one time or anything like that, but my hip flexors are kind of overdeveloped (I blame college rowing), and the openings of the front pockets on most jeans hit me right there. It's always kind of embarrassing when I have to stand up to get my phone out of my pocket.

Then definitely don't size down. It's hard to get in my pockets even when standing up.

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › SExDBxSxS12 Contest: Styleforum vs Superfuture