or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Critique my first bespoke suit, what do you think?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Critique my first bespoke suit, what do you think? - Page 13

post #181 of 237
a few posters here are really giving "SF" the benefit of the doubt. madjbs just get the pants tailored to your liking (or remade) and don't worry about posting pics again or providing fodder for the bored.
post #182 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonlegoman View Post
Would an optometrist tell a lie? I agree with the poster above me. Everyone on SF is genuine. If you came here for critique, then you'll get an honest answer. If you don't like the answer, then either you're wrong or the hundreds of other people who disagree with you are wrong.

As for myself, I can't judge because I haven't seen pics.

uh, i havent read through this thread, but as soon as you said fused and polyester bespoke, it kind of threw any serious responses out the window of SF. wouldnt matter if it fit right or not, you would get blasted. there are a decent amount of good opinions/ideas here but i take everything with a gigantic grain of salt. i mean there was some amber heard thread earlier with ppl complaining about her butt being too flat or she looks too typical. like these assholes saying that are pulling anyone remotely that attractive. i choked when i read that everyone on sf is genuine, more like they say whatever they want behind a computer screen.
post #183 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjbs View Post
No, I will take some photos tomorrow which I believe give a truthful representation of the suit. Although I think the chances of any fair comments now are slim.

There won't be any moving on either as after this I won't be posting anything else on this forum, It doesn't really seem worth it.

Look, if within the snark there is enough good feedback to help you get it fixed, or avoid pitfalls in the future.....then the feedback is worth your time.

Mike
post #184 of 237
I think OP you still have a lot of growing up to do. I don't mean this in any offensive manner, I have my respect for you as I am a stranger to you, and I will say this in a very considerable way possible. It is obvious that OP you are yet trapped in your egotistic box that many of us were once in at some point of our lives. You have not yet realize that through out the past 13 pages of this thread, you were unconsciously being overly defensive to the majority of the member's comments. I did notice that you were able to accept few of the comments on your fit, particularly not because they were correct. But rather the tone of delivery. You've mentioned yourself in your post that "I will choose to hear some of you, and ignore some of you, and I can do that because I can..." To me that is a very dysfunctional and childish mentality. Maybe this is working for you right now and for the next few years,but I can almost assure you that you won't get very far in life unless you start to correct your problems within yourself. Sometimes the best and most honest advise can be the most offensive advise to a person, that I believe is a very ancient Chinese philosophy. OP you will realize that not all of us have the patient to sugar coat everything for you. Your very defensiveness is what most will considered as an open invitation for everybody to give you negative comments, hence the on going flaming that would have ended on the second page. Want a valuable lesson? Keep your mouth shut son.(again, I'm in no position to come across as being rude. I'm speaking on the behalf of how most of us SF member feel about it this irrelevant issue). Cheers -Sandman
post #185 of 237
One last post in this thread ( I hope I won't feel compelled to make any more).

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjbs View Post
Stick to your narrow little world in future please. Go and find some other thread and poster to try and bully, it isn't working here. Anyone who knows the tailoring scene here knows I am right in the prices and what I say about the Tailors (you clearly don't, have you ever left the good old USA?)

No worries, I've said all there is to say about the suit. I've suggested you go anywhere else for a suit in the future, which I believe was a favour. I have not tried to bully you in the least, which I feel is evident in my posts.

Other than that, I think it's worth noting that out of a list of quite a few countries I've visited or lived in, the USA hasn't been included.

Quote:
You don't like people disagreeing with your opinion and you become rude and aggressive as a result, that quality in people is quite pathetic and rather unpleasant. I on the other hand respond to comments I disagree with politely and with reason, a quality I would rather have over a good suit any day. Goodbye

This is where you're mistaking yourself for me, as you're describing your own actions in this thread, not mine.

You asked for a critique of the suit, I gave you a very objective, direct assesment. You called me an asshole. How did you get on a horse that high quite so fast after that exchange?
post #186 of 237
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand View Post
I think OP you still have a lot of growing up to do. I don't mean this in any offensive manner, I have my respect for you as I am a stranger to you, and I will say this in a very considerable way possible. It is obvious that OP you are yet trapped in your egotistic box that many of us were once in at some point of our lives. You have not yet realize that through out the past 13 pages of this thread, you were unconsciously being overly defensive to the majority of the member's comments. I did notice that you were able to accept few of the comments on your fit, particularly not because they were correct. But rather the tone of delivery. You've mentioned yourself in your post that "I will choose to hear some of you, and ignore some of you, and I can do that because I can..." To me that is a very dysfunctional and childish mentality. Maybe this is working for you right now and for the next few years,but I can almost assure you that you won't get very far in life unless you start to correct your problems within yourself. Sometimes the best and most honest advise can be the most offensive advise to a person, that I believe is a very ancient Chinese philosophy. OP you will realize that not all of us have the patient to sugar coat everything for you. Your very defensiveness is what most will considered as an open invitation for everybody to give you negative comments, hence the on going flaming that would have ended on the second page. Want a valuable lesson? Keep your mouth shut son.(again, I'm in no position to come across as being rude. I'm speaking on the behalf of how most of us SF member feel about it this irrelevant issue). ] Cheers -Sandman
. Do you realise how patronising you sound? I am sure your advice was given with the best intention but you might want to look at the delivery in future. You don't know me from Adam so get a grip please. As someone said, you have to take this place with a grain of salt, people et fixated over certain issues and their opinions were set for whatever else happened in the thread. You can all dress it up as you like but the simple facts are that I asked you to comment, you did and I responded with my comments to your criticism. I can voice my opinion on your comments as I see fit, or do you simply expect me to accept everything here as gospel? Try to discredit my comments by saying I'm being thin skinned or over defensive if you wish but it does not change the facts.
post #187 of 237
This is an epic thread. I hope it never gets deleted because it has a real Zen quality of self-justifying meaninglessness to it. In spite of it degenerating after the first few pages to the point of being about almost nothing, the OP is indefatigable and it goes on and on. This thread is a characteristic wonder of styleforum.
post #188 of 237
Thread Starter 
Well it was fun while it lasted but I can't be bothered anymore.
post #189 of 237
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEstSidE View Post
a few posters here are really giving "SF" the benefit of the doubt.

madjbs just get the pants tailored to your liking (or remade) and don't worry about posting pics again or providing fodder for the bored.

Thanks

That is what I shall do. The final say is that I am happy with the result, sure changes could be made and I would do things differently on a new suit, but thats part of the tailoring process.

No matter how many people try to force there apparent superior knowledge onto my opinion, or post rude comments with the intent of belittling my opinion. It does not change the fact that I will wear this suit and I will enjoy doing so.

So put that in you pipes and smoke it.
post #190 of 237
Thread Starter 
For those who did not get to see the origional photos here is one that I will leave on the thread before departing the forum.



post #191 of 237
edit: nevermind.
post #192 of 237
Inadequate waist suppression, buttoning point too high, jacket much too short.

Nice colour.
post #193 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjbs View Post
For those who did not get to see the origional photos here is one that I will leave on the thread before departing the forum.



You might want to retie that knot before you leave the forum.
post #194 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post
You might want to retie that knot before you leave the forum.

Seriously, what is it with this "knot an inch down from the collar" shiz that everybody seems to be doing. I see it all the time in photos on the red carpet, etc.

Cinch that biatch up, it looks horrible!
post #195 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjbs View Post
For those who did not get to see the origional photos here is one that I will leave on the thread before departing the forum.

Oh no! Please don't leave!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Critique my first bespoke suit, what do you think?