or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Gold and silver. Discuss
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gold and silver. Discuss - Page 15

post #211 of 289
I think if you buy now, you would be fine in the long-term. I do think there will be a pull back, but Im bit sure it will be to the mid 30s. Heck, we may not get a pullback until it hits 75/oz..
post #212 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
I think if you buy now, you would be fine in the long-term. I do think there will be a pull back, but Im bit sure it will be to the mid 30s. Heck, we may not get a pullback until it hits 75/oz..

What time frame is long-term?
post #213 of 289
There might be small dips progressively, but don't expect silver to crash like in the 80s when it reached $42/oz. I think we can expect $50/oz by mid-end of May. You can probably expect a slight dip then, but $75 should be in reach by next Spring or Summer, possibly near the end of this year too. Expect silver to be going flat if not drop a bit on Monday or Tuesday, similarly to the beginning of this week.
post #214 of 289
re: miners

PAAS issue not relevant to SLW as their sources are higher quality. but the miners have been underperforming SLV for quite a while now. i'm willing to buy the nationalization issue more broadly speaking but surely the same applies to SLV as well ... my best guess currently is retarded wall st analysts who never graduated from income statements to balance sheets, but still wondering what I'm missing here.
post #215 of 289
Wahhh. Been wanting to get into PM for like the past 6 months, and now that I finally have time prices are so high. But that's okay. I've got like 5k to throw down, what should I go for? I wouldu like to get something physical. What's the deal on these local gold stores, can somebody give me a primer? Don't want to get hustled.
post #216 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air:David View Post
There might be small dips progressively, but don't expect silver to crash like in the 80s when it reached $42/oz. I think we can expect $50/oz by mid-end of May. You can probably expect a slight dip then, but $75 should be in reach by next Spring or Summer, possibly near the end of this year too.

Expect silver to be going flat if not drop a bit on Monday or Tuesday, similarly to the beginning of this week.

+1
post #217 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post
Wahhh. Been wanting to get into PM for like the past 6 months, and now that I finally have time prices are so high. But that's okay. I've got like 5k to throw down, what should I go for? I wouldu like to get something physical. What's the deal on these local gold stores, can somebody give me a primer? Don't want to get hustled.
Definitely do your DD. Be careful from the shops, they will try to sell you coins for a really high premium b/c they are rare, or have numismatic value, etc. Be adamant that you just want it for the intrinsic value of the metal. As far as the timing, can't help ya there. I was worried I bought too high @ 39 an ounce, and look where we are now. Apmex.com is a good place to window shop, and know if you find a local guy you can more than likely get it cheaper than Apmex. I paid 3 dollars over spot for my Silver Eagles. I want to say wait for a pullback, but I was waiting for a pullback and one never came, so I got anxious and just placed my order @ 39. I guess the pullbacks aren't coming because the physical market is so tight? I dunno. It's silver though, so it's going to have to be volatile. Especially now that Goldman is trying to call tops in commodities (hahah yeah right!) Far as gold goes, I dunno I can't afford it lol
post #218 of 289
Run baby runnnnnnn. Gotta love it. 50 bucks an ounce by month end? Yeah. 75 to 85 by year end? Probably.
post #219 of 289

ll


Edited by Nosu3 - 11/15/11 at 12:21pm
post #220 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post
I found a bunch of old silver utensils. What can I do with them?
First you need to determine if it's plated or solid. Usually if it's solid you'll find a hallmark and 925 or sterling stamped into the flatware. Early flatware was also made of coin silver which is 900 fine. They'll stamp it coin, coin silver or 900. Take a piece to someone who can test it to be sure. Say an antique dealer or jeweler. If it's the real deal a bullion dealer will buy it for somewhere near melt value or you can just hang on to it and enjoy the ride.
post #221 of 289
Aaaah shit. Silver taking a big dump in the foreign markets--we did have a very fast run-up though. I think we needed some consolidation. Thoughts?
post #222 of 289
My thoughts are essentially what you said, consolidation. Lots of conspiracy going on right now about manipulation, etc....but IMO it's just paper profit taking. Try and buy some Silver Eagles right now, you'll find the price of silver is higher than 50 already everywhere BUT the Comex lol. Er wait....can't buy Eagles, Apmex is sold out and currently emailing their customers asking to buy them back for 3 dollars over spot. Gold Eagles too for 38 over spot.
post #223 of 289
Yeah, totally agree. I just need to look away for a while and ignore all these people saying we will get a pullback to 27...
post #224 of 289
Pullback to 27? I wish! Silver's so volatile it could happen, but I doubt it.

The only thing that's going to make me shit my pants and run for the exit is if the Fed lifts rates.
post #225 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post
Pullback to 27? I wish! Silver's so volatile it could happen, but I doubt it.

The only thing that's going to make me shit my pants and run for the exit is if the Fed lifts rates.

Wait, I thought the whole point of buying gold was to hedge against inflation, but the Fed will only raise rates when they see inflation starting up again?!?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Gold and silver. Discuss