or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › does whey protein actually help?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

does whey protein actually help? - Page 3

post #31 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Carlos View Post
You disagree? Do you eat it, the wheat gluten?

Yes...
post #32 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
Yes...
It is why you are soft and have love handles even though you try to keep other nutrients under control. You have what scientists call a "wheat belly." Paleolithic Man did not eat wheat gluten, and this is why he was in extraoardinary shape. To get into paleo shape, you must not eat foods that humans are not adapted to eat, such as wheat gluten.
post #33 of 67
You're going to quote Mercola next aren't you...
post #34 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
You're going to quote Mercola next aren't you...

Do you deny that you are a bit chubby and can scoop at least a few generous fingers full of flesh at your flanks?
post #35 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Carlos View Post
Do you deny that you are a bit chubby and can scoop at least a few generous fingers full of flesh at your flanks?

Ah... so you're just trolling....
post #36 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger70 View Post
been taking it for a few weeks now along with my workout and plenty of calories, and have to say ive noticed zero improvement in weight gain or muscle growth. Taking 50g after i work out and 25g when i wake up. Im not sure what i expected to see, but probably slightly higher weight gain due to being able to repair and build muscle better.
Are u sleeping enough
Are u eating enough
Are u lifting the right amount, allowing urself to recover but also getting in enough work as possible

Whey has nothing to do with these things, it's just a protein supplement.
post #37 of 67
I hate it when people quote paleolithic man, their diet and how good they looked. No, They didn't look good, their diet sucked, they are often hungry and there is hardly any variety in their diet. Sometimes, they could just be consuming a single one type of food for days or week and many died from malnutrition and lack of essential vitamins and minerals.

People trying to promote this should seriously stop this hypocrisy. They couldn't last one fucking day on a true paleo diet. Paleo men are lean because they are constantly in caloric deficit and physically more active. The modern "paleo" diet is nothing like what was consumed in those times. Today, followers of paleo diet get a good mix of protein, veggies, fruits, and healthy oils in their meals. Those days, they could be just dining on nuts or fruits if their hunt is unsuccessful. When they do hunt a beast, they do not consume veggies or anything with it. It is unthinkable for them to consume the full spectrum of food in one meal. Please stop this bullshit.

It bears repeating. A little bread, pasta, butter and animal fat doesn't hurt. It just makes life more enjoyable.
post #38 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
I hate it when people quote paleolithic man, their diet and how good they looked. No, They didn't look good, their diet sucked, they are often hungry and there is hardly any variety in their diet. Sometimes, they could just be consuming a single one type of food for days or week and many died from malnutrition and lack of essential vitamins and minerals.

People trying to promote this should seriously stop this hypocrisy. They couldn't last one fucking day on a true paleo diet. Paleo men are lean because they are constantly in caloric deficit and physically more active. The modern "paleo" diet is nothing like what was consumed in those times. Today, followers of paleo diet get a good mix of protein, veggies, fruits, and healthy oils in their meals. Those days, they could be just dining on nuts or fruits if their hunt is unsuccessful. When they do hunt a beast, they do not consume veggies or anything with it. It is unthinkable for them to consume the full spectrum of food in one meal. Please stop this bullshit.

It bears repeating. A little bread, pasta, butter and animal fat doesn't hurt. It just makes life more enjoyable.

Well: would you claim that a, say, grizzly bear up north's diet is optimal for said bear? Wouldn't it be similar for paleoman?

/No horse in this race. Paleo is just marketing BS
post #39 of 67
You guys are 100% wrong. A paleo diet has been scientifically proven to be the best, most nutritionally optimized diet ever. Not everyone can go fully paleo, even though it is optimal. Modern life can make a legitimate paleo diet hard to follow. If nothing else, you must definitely take the step of removing all wheat gluten from your diet. Wheat gluten is the leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
post #40 of 67
I put wheat gluten in my coffee.
post #41 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwoood View Post
I put wheat gluten in my coffee.

This is why you are a chubby checker.
post #42 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Carlos View Post
This is why you are a chubby checker.

You are a moron.
post #43 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbreen1 View Post
You are a moron.

Awwww, widdle fat piggly wiggly is sad!
post #44 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Carlos View Post
Awwww, widdle fat piggly wiggly is sad!

You know absolutely nothing about nutrition. There's a reason why professional athletes and bodybuilders don't follow your dumbass diet. You are beyond retarded. Stop posting bullshit in this forum.
post #45 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbreen1 View Post
You know absolutely nothing about nutrition. There's a reason why professional athletes and bodybuilders don't follow your dumbass diet. You are beyond retarded. Stop posting bullshit in this forum.

More like YOU know nothing about nutrition. Lol. Cheapskate fatpig.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › does whey protein actually help?