or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Help Mafoofan Help Himself
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help Mafoofan Help Himself - Page 2

post #16 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Weights I can do. Pull-up bar, I don't know--depends if it will work with the door frames in our apartment.

I thought P90X was for people who were already fit? I'm ashamed to say I don't really qualify under that heading.

And what about maintenance? I can't and won't keep up 45-60 minutes, 5 days a week.

Power 90 is the precursor to P90X. You can try that first and then see if you're fit enough for P90X.

You should be able to find a pull up bar that works with your door frame easily. The alternative is using resistance bands but I personally doubt you'll see the same results.

As for maintenance, P90X+ has been awesome for me. The workouts are shorter than P90X.
post #17 of 230
There's a reason everyone is recommending P90X...it's because it works (if you stick to it)

The other one people should recommend is the Insanity Workout. This is ALL body weight exercises and does not involve any weights or pull up bars. This is another one that if you stick to, you WILL see results. Plus, I believe it's only a 60 day cycle.

So there you have it...P90X or Insanity are great home workouts. Do them!
post #18 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Do you know how many calories you are taking in? 75% of the battle is at the table, not at the gym. If you cut down on carbs, keep your calories about 500 below maintenance and do a reasonable amount of exercise 3 or 4 times a week, you'll lean out. But if you you overeat (I'm not talking about junk food, just total calories), you will not make progress.

I will recommend what I always recommend to beginners. Do an honest estimation of how many calories you are ingesting each day. That's the first step.

This is good advice. Get your diet in check and you will only require minimal exercise to achieve your goals.
post #19 of 230
walk to/from work
post #20 of 230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
This is good advice. Get your diet in check and you will only require minimal exercise to achieve your goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
walk to/from work

These are great long-term--but I feel like I need a jumpstart.
post #21 of 230
In b4 epic
post #22 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
These are great long-term--but I feel like I need a jumpstart.

a spin class once a week will get your metabolism started

http://www.soul-cycle.com/

http://www.flywheelsports.com/
post #23 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
Try Beachbody's Power 90 or P90X programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Agree on the P90X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
I was just going to recomend P90X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
Power 90 is the precursor to P90X. You can try that first and then see if you're fit enough for P90X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
There's a reason everyone is recommending P90X...it's because it works (if you stick to it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
These are great long-term--but I feel like I need a jumpstart.

Come on man...don't turn this into another one of your MC threads. If you're asking for advice and the advice is given...TAKE the advice.
post #24 of 230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
Come on man...don't turn this into another one of your MC threads. If you're asking for advice and the advice is given...TAKE the advice.

Are you not reading what I'm saying?
post #25 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Are you not reading what I'm saying?
You're looking for some magic exercise that doesn't exist. That you get a jumpstart with. That you can do for short intervals at your own leisure. And on top of that, in your own home. You may never find this chupacabra. Take one item of food out of your daily consumption (i.e. no soda or no bagels for breakfast) and go running whenever you have time, especially since you're by the park. Then over time run longer. Eat better. Voila.
post #26 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Are you not reading what I'm saying?

Are YOU not reading what EVERYBODY is saying?
post #27 of 230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
Are YOU not reading what EVERYBODY is saying?

Yes. People are giving different, sometimes contradictory, advice. It is literally impossible to agree with everyone.
post #28 of 230
Your office doesn't have a gym?

If not a gym, does it have laser printers that you can deadlift?

For home, you could try a couple kettlebells.
post #29 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by haganah View Post
You're looking for some magic exercise that doesn't exist. That you get a jumpstart with. That you can do for short intervals at your own leisure. And on top of that, in your own home. You may never find this chupacabra. Take one item of food out of your daily consumption (i.e. no soda or no bagels for breakfast) and go running whenever you have time, especially since you're by the park. Then over time run longer. Eat better. Voila.

+1. This thread = classic
post #30 of 230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol View Post
If not a gym, does it have laser printers that you can deadlift?

People do stranger things in my office, so I'll consider this a serious suggestion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Help Mafoofan Help Himself