Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Source for Riri zippers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Source for Riri zippers?

post #1 of 38
Thread Starter 
I'm gonna sew a Riri zipper onto an American Apparel hoodie, but I can't find a good source for em online. I want a chunky silver one with a double zipper.

Anyone found a good source for that? Much appreciated.
post #2 of 38
can't help you with the original question but you HAVE to show the results.

-Jeff
post #3 of 38
post #4 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I'm gonna sew a Riri zipper onto an American Apparel hoodie, but I can't find a good source for em online. I want a chunky silver one with a double zipper.

Anyone found a good source for that? Much appreciated.
Aren't you worried about that being way too heavy for an AA hoodie? Not to mention kind of a waste when the zipper costs easily twice as much as the hoodie cost to make.
post #5 of 38
Are Riri zippers really that expensive? Although given their Swiss origins, I wouldn't doubt it.
post #6 of 38
http://www.ririzippers.com/dynam/retail.php
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I'm gonna sew a Riri zipper onto an American Apparel hoodie, but I can't find a good source for em online. I want a chunky silver one with a double zipper. Anyone found a good source for that? Much appreciated.
is the american apparal hoodie that good to consider putting the zipper on?
post #7 of 38
I've been considering doing the same thing. I don't care about Riri though, just want a two-way.
post #8 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty
I've been considering doing the same thing. I don't care about Riri though, just want a two-way.
gotta have those custom-made. they don't come in retail lengths long enough for hoodies, unfortunately...
post #9 of 38
I was browsing some site that would re-cut a YKK two-way for like $1 extra. Longest they has was 36", which would be plenty long enough.
post #10 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Aren't you worried about that being way too heavy for an AA hoodie? Not to mention kind of a waste when the zipper costs easily twice as much as the hoodie cost to make.
No.. Why would it be too heavy? Also, the AA hoodie is like 46 bucks. Definitely more than the zipper. I've already checked out all the links so far and couldn't find anything, which is why I had to ask. I cannot find a double zipper in silver, or a double zipper that's long enough, period. Obviously CYC has to get theirs from somewhere, so they're out there. I doubt CYC makes enough clothing to justify getting a special zipper made just for them. Or do they? Also, I really want riri, not YKK. It used to have a YKK double zipper on it that I bought from a fabric store but I trashed it and decided I want to just get a riri.
post #11 of 38
AA is about 20 with a volume discount. If we're talking actual cost to produce, the zipper's easily worth more.
post #12 of 38
He likes the hoodie, he likes the zipper, who is economics to stand in the way?
post #13 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I doubt CYC makes enough clothing to justify getting a special zipper made just for them. Or do they?
yep, they're custom-made unfortunately. no long double Riri zips available for retail
post #14 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty
I've been considering doing the same thing. I don't care about Riri though, just want a two-way.

Same here, I hate the bulge of one way zips. Can a tailor do this alteration? I don't believe I have the skills to try it myself.
-fn
post #15 of 38
Any decently competent tailor could easily sew one on. Actually altering the length of the zipper is another matter; that requires equipment not likely to be found outside of the factory.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Source for Riri zippers?