or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Index funds
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Index funds - Page 4

post #46 of 53
I don't understand the last sentence. I am pretty sure ETF index funds have among the lowest fees out there.
post #47 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick View Post
I don't understand the last sentence. I am pretty sure ETF index funds have among the lowest fees out there.

Maybe he meant to include trading fees. If you are making monthly contributions to a mutual fund, you can usually figure out how to do that for free...monthly ETF trades are going to hit you up for a commission every time.
post #48 of 53
Go with the lowest fees. Vanguard usually can't be beat.
post #49 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post
Maybe he meant to include trading fees. If you are making monthly contributions to a mutual fund, you can usually figure out how to do that for free...monthly ETF trades are going to hit you up for a commission every time.

Thank you. I did mean trading fees for ETFs.
post #50 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixers_610 View Post
Go with the lowest fees. Vanguard usually can't be beat.

I second this. Vanguard.
post #51 of 53
China and Canada index funds. Anyone?
post #52 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Yes, I am. These are funds I already have in the market but they are not exactly diversified...the entirety of that sum is in Wells Fargo stock.


You are not diversified but that's probably the single best stock for long-term returns. Warren Buffett said that if he could put ALL his money into one stock it would be Wells Fargo. He recently added to his Wells Fargo holdings.
post #53 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
I just gave WFC a good look-over at Morningstar and you seem to be right...maybe I'll hang on to it for a few years and just save up for an index fund.

You don't know how much I regret not buying WFC in the teens (and/or American Express at $10) during the Sale of the Century crash!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Index funds