• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saville Row Suit

GodAtum

Reaction score
Would it be possible to get a fully bespoke suit from a Saville Row tailers for around £1000? If not are Hackett, Moss Bross or A Suit That Fits any good?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Would it be possible to get a fully bespoke suit from a Saville Row tailers for around £1000?
No. I don't know exact prices, but you're looking at £2500 at the very least. There are various places which do made to measure for <£1000 such as Ede & Ravenscroft, Souster & Hicks, Cad & The Dandy.

GodAtum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
No. I don't know exact prices, but you're looking at £2500 at the very least. There are various places which do made to measure for <£1000 such as Ede & Ravenscroft, Souster & Hicks, Cad & The Dandy.

Ah OK. Souster & Hicks are £1850, not sure about Ede & Ravenscroft?

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would avoid a suit that fits!
for made to measure there are better options out there,and for a grand why not try one of the off row tailors, you can get a very nice suit for that money...or two not so great MTM!
I have only heard excellent things about Graham brown in the city who do bespoke for around that price and am myself a MTM customer at Cad/Dandy.
-TTO

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
Ede & Ravenscroft - for that sort of price you'll probably only get MTM
Cad & the Dandy - they start from about £500ish, but that's only for all machine stitched, which I think is done in China. Cut and fit is supposed to be quite good though, assuming you actually fo in to have your measurements taken and don't just order online.

Other places you might try:
Graham Browne - will do you a bespoke suit from about £800.00. Had them make my wedding suit and any real complaints about it are styling decisions that I made. Russel there is very good and apparently they do all their work in London.
Norton & Townsend - from about £500. I went in and had a chat with the tailor there and he seems to know his stuff and they're very flexible with regard to styling. Mostly stitched in China though.
Susannah Hall - prices again from about £500ish, but don't know that much about them apart from the fact apparently they don't send stuff off to China and it's all done in the UK.

twistoffat

Reaction score
No. 2500GPB upwards is the mark. Even if someone was offering one at 1000 I´d question the materials used
frown.gif

GodAtum

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll have a look into Graham Browne. Anybody had expereinces of Hackett or Moss Bross?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah OK. Souster & Hicks are £1850, not sure about Ede & Ravenscroft?
That's the bespoke price, Souster & Hicks do 'semi-bespoke' (MTM) for somewhere around £700-£800 (I forget exactly). Ede's MTM is about the same price. I think Ede's bespoke is £3000+; I'm sure Holdfast can correct me if I'm wrong since he has commissioned a few pieces from them.

GodAtum

Reaction score
Went into Graham Browne today, the man was very friendly and helpful. was quoted at £850, I'm not sure if that was fully bespoke or made to measure?

Also, is it common for people to wear the same suit every day, as this will be my work suit?

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
Went into Graham Browne today, the man was very friendly and helpful. was quoted at £850, I'm not sure if that was fully bespoke or made to measure?

Also, is it common for people to wear the same suit every day, as this will be my work suit?

Well they charged me £700 to make my suit from cloth I supplied (Dashing Tweed, which Graham Browne do have but I managed to get a bit of a discount from the supplier). What I got was fully bespoke with the pattern hand-cut, basted fitting and two further fittings for the odd tweak here or there.

If you're going to be wearing suits for work every day you're going to need more than one. Ideally 5 or more (one for each day) and certainly no less than 3. Firstly, people will notice if you're wearing the same suit every day, especially if it's a good one (or a bad one) and secondly, if you wear it every day it's likely to wear out quickly. If it has a bit of time between wearings then it'll last a lot longer.

If your total budget is £1000, you might want to go for 4-5 suits from somewhere like SuitSupply instead.

GodAtum

Reaction score
I dont wear a jacket very often so maybe I'll 1 jacket and get 4-5 trousers instead.

How do I tell whats good cloth? I was shown quite a few and liked the medium weight ones but would like to get a more exclusive cloth.

How much is Tom Baker?

mcobinad

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll have a look into Graham Browne. Anybody had expereinces of Hackett or Moss Bross?

Hello,

Am actually new on this forum but i think i have something to contribute to your question. Am a great fan of the Hackett Brand. This brand is not necessarily the best of the best but it is competitive in terms of Bespoke suits or MTM suits to other rivals out there. Recently, i purchased the Mayfair Suit which fits properly. To me this suit looks purely "BRITISH". But i don't pay full price as most people here do. I bought it at Bicester Village. It was retailing for £600 and i paid only £200 for it. I still intend going back to pick one more again because am highly satisfied with it. I will go with the Chelsea Suit this time, because it is more fitted compared to Mayfair. Hope this helps. An alternative brand to Hackett is "Gieves & Hawkes". I have couple of suits from them but they are more expensive. I always buy from the outlet at Bicester Village.

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
How much are Gieves & Hawkes fully bespoke?

Gieves & Hawkes full bespoke is probably about £2,500+. According to their website their MTM suits start from £1000. Their ready to wear you can, as the gentleman above says, get from Bicester Village for about £300-400, or starting at about £500 from their conventional stores.

Also I assume you mean Ted Baker and you're not asking if you can hire the former Dr Who to follow you around. Prices start from about £300ish I think.

mcobinad

Reaction score
How much are Gieves & Hawkes fully bespoke?
Expect to pay £3000GBP and up for Gieves & Hawkes full Bespoke suits. The reason i recommend Hackett is that for less that price, Hackett will give you the best service ever and this includes the use of one of the best textile "Famous Loro Piana Textile". The Chelsea suit am intending to buy soon is made with this textile. So the durability is rest assured.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads