or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › what silhouette?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

what silhouette?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I've found, much to my surprise, that Vestimenta suits really look good on me. Something about the shoulders. Can anyone tell me what sort of silhouette a Vestimenta would fall into? As a relative newbie to suit silhouettes, I still have trouble distinguishing between what makes a neopolitan versus a roman versus an A&S or alan flusser, even after reading Manton's bible. There is a picture of a vestimenta on ebay at http://images.andale.com/f2/121/128/...3/IMG_7825.JPG. The picture kind of exaggerates the elongation a bit, but give you a general idea of the shoulder and chest.
Any thoughts? Thanks
post #2 of 6
I'm not sure about the silhouette question, but you should be careful with that eBay seller. I nearly bought a Vestimenta suit from him, but after doing my due diligence found out that he has a tendancy to exagerated (Zegna suit when it is Zegna fabric) if not outright lie.
post #3 of 6
I have one Vestimenta suit. It has soft, Neapolitan-type shoulders and a somewhat suppressed waist. I suppose you could say therefore that it leans in a Neapolitan direction. But it fits very differently from, say, the Isaia's I've tried on. It's fuller around the torso and the armholes aren't quite so high.
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB
I'm not sure about the silhouette question, but you should be careful with that eBay seller. I nearly bought a Vestimenta suit from him, but after doing my due diligence found out that he has a tendancy to exagerated (Zegna suit when it is Zegna fabric) if not outright lie.
It's funny you say that because I bought a Vestimenta tuxedo from this seller earlier this year and was very pleased with it. I can't speak for his honesty in general. But in any event, I just put up the photo as an illustration of what Vestimenta suits look like.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by knittieguy
It's funny you say that because I bought a Vestimenta tuxedo from this seller earlier this year and was very pleased with it. I can't speak for his honesty in general. But in any event, I just put up the photo as an illustration of what Vestimenta suits look like.

He may be quite honest, but others didn't seem to think so I didn't want to risk $400 to determine it . These pictures are from a German eBay-er, correct? He has lots of pictures, pictures of his store, etc. I can't remember his name, but I do remember lots of Vestimenta.
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB
He may be quite honest, but others didn't seem to think so I didn't want to risk $400 to determine it . These pictures are from a German eBay-er, correct? He has lots of pictures, pictures of his store, etc. I can't remember his name, but I do remember lots of Vestimenta.
Yes, the pictures are from a German ebay seller. It worked out well for me (I actually offered about $100 less than the ebay price after an item didn't sell, and he accepted it, so it cost me $300 plus shipping), but I have no idea about his track record.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › what silhouette?