or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear - Page 10

post #136 of 460
Well, Mabitex website is still up, so not sure if that's true. However, if what you say is true, they've gone under, that's kinda sad. I have more than a few pairs that are really awesome made with great fabrics and fit me really well.

I guess if someone speaks Italian perhaps they can contact Mabitex. Email addresses are listed on their website. http://www.mabitex.com/

Also, Mabitex is being sold for quite inexpensive on Yoox. (60-130 usd)
post #137 of 460

Quote:

Originally Posted by guy321 View Post

1) Re: Mabitex -- I've been told that the reason there were no Mabitex pants this prior season is because Mabitex SpA went out of business. Admitted that Yoox has some Mabitex up for Spring, but my guess is that may be some left overs from a year or so ago, or they got whatever was left when the company went under.


That means no more Mabitex ever? Lol.

post #138 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

Quote:


That means no more Mabitex ever? Lol.

why lol? Mabitex makes / made some fantastic pants.
post #139 of 460
Mabitex not an option for Yoox USA.

This is quite sad if true. The deals at Daffy's were phenomenal. OTOH -- now I don't feel so bad about buying so many!
post #140 of 460

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

why lol? Mabitex makes / made some fantastic pants.


Lol was because I am quite surprised that they could just vanish like that. One day, yes Mabitex, the next, no Mabitex.

post #141 of 460
guy321 or anyone - what happens with the daffys merch that never gets sold that gets removed from the stores once the seasons end? is there a daffys warehouse or daffys outlet somewhere? does the stuff get burned?
post #142 of 460
Thread Starter 
Honestly, no idea. I know that they usually pick one store where all the remainders get sent and are marked down very significantly. The stuff that doesn't sell at all after that, my guess would be that it is donated somewhere. I know that Ross Dress for Less has a policy of donating items that don't get sold, as stores like this are kind of a last resort for merchandise.
post #143 of 460
we gonna see any pics of the sweet JCM stuff you picked up?
post #144 of 460
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

we gonna see any pics of the sweet JCM stuff you picked up?

Should be on the blog later this week
post #145 of 460
cool.
post #146 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy321 View Post

Honestly, no idea. I know that they usually pick one store where all the remainders get sent and are marked down very significantly. The stuff that doesn't sell at all after that, my guess would be that it is donated somewhere. I know that Ross Dress for Less has a policy of donating items that don't get sold, as stores like this are kind of a last resort for merchandise.

which store gets the mega daffy's markdowns? somewhere in NJ?
post #147 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy321 View Post

Ha, I wish. Just trying to point them in the right direction.

You're going to push them in the direction of selling Incotexes for $100+!!!
post #148 of 460
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

which store gets the mega daffy's markdowns? somewhere in NJ?

Usually 34th St. is the consolidation store.. Last season, Philly got a huge amount of consolidation from the New York stores, as they have extra space that is not normally used. After that, what was left over was sent to Paramus, NJ. So it may vary by season, but 34th St. is probably a good bet if you're looking for some fall/winter markdowns.
post #149 of 460

Quote:

Originally Posted by guy321 View Post

Usually 34th St. is the consolidation store.. Last season, Philly got a huge amount of consolidation from the New York stores, as they have extra space that is not normally used. After that, what was left over was sent to Paramus, NJ. So it may vary by season, but 34th St. is probably a good bet if you're looking for some fall/winter markdowns.


I went to 34th street last week, it is a disaster, no good deals and nothing of any decent quality. I must say I really hate the daffys experience. As many have said, you walk in excited, see all this junk lying everywhere and just leave.

post #150 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

Quote:


I went to 34th street last week, it is a disaster, no good deals and nothing of any decent quality. I must say I really hate the daffys experience. As many have said, you walk in excited, see all this junk lying everywhere and just leave.

happens often
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear