First timer here, be gentle Has anyone had any experience comparing Spoon Tailor quality to:
1. Brooks Brothers 1818 (I get this at $700, corporate discount)
2. Duchess Clothiers - http://www.styleforum.net/t/159853/duchess-clothier-of-portland
- The price range of Spoon Tailor is pretty similar to Duchess at ~$800 per suit. How does the construction and tailoring quality compare?
- Mixed reviews from SF (http://www.styleforum.net/t/159853/duchess-clothier-of-portland), but pretty good reviews on Yelp on their Portland store (http://www.yelp.com/biz/duchess-clothier-portland-2)
- One member described it as "if you're into neo-vintage MTM boarding on hipster."
I am looking for a basic/classic solid charcoal suit, mostly for business and weddings. 27 y/o male, 176lb, 5'11"), fits well into a BB Fitzgerald.
Thanks in advance!
I think if you fit well OTR I'd go that route. Just remember that no tailor can ever copy a suit specifically so if you like a certain cut and you don't need any major alterations on the suit stick with OTR