I've found that ervell knits and this particular jacket fit short. It's a great aesthetic if you know how to wear it. I would suggest TTS.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on 2/8/16 at 8:11pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 30
Styleforum Top Pickspost #437 of 292310/9/12 at 10:18ampost #438 of 292310/10/12 at 11:27ampost #439 of 292310/10/12 at 1:06pmpost #440 of 292310/10/12 at 1:52pmpost #441 of 292310/11/12 at 10:49am
Ervell is supposed to be cropped, jackets fit short, no problems with shirts though, although wearing them untucked, i'm 6'1 185 size L in shirt XL in blazerspost #442 of 292310/11/12 at 12:11pmQuote:
I'm 6'2" 210 and I have the cadet sweater, norweigan sweater and the plaid standard buttondown all in XL, which fit perfect in the length. I also have the Field Coat in large which feels just slightly cropped, but again, that's the Ervell esthetic...I wear that coat more than anything else.
I guess I should mention I'm also slightly short waisted which probably makes a difference.post #443 of 292310/11/12 at 10:12pmpost #444 of 292310/11/12 at 10:53pmQuote:
The arms on the one I just got are long too... and loose in the forearm. Which is weird as they used to have really short sleeves... the ones I have from a couple years back are barely long enough for me and I'm 5'8.
The body of the sweater is definitely longer than the ones from this spring/summer.post #445 of 292310/12/12 at 12:14pmpost #446 of 292310/15/12 at 8:02pmpost #447 of 292310/15/12 at 8:53pmpost #448 of 292310/16/12 at 12:33ampost #449 of 292310/16/12 at 12:43ampost #450 of 292310/16/12 at 1:38am
- Fabric is heavy yet soft
- Fit is on the slim side (mine is medium--and before you guys ask, I'm 5'9.5" and +/- 150 lb)
- Does hug the chest a bit but not too much when worn with a shirt underneath
- Worn on its own is nice and itchy with a nice high collar so I do not get self conscious about my long neck
- Beautiful color
The best thing is the high collar and when I take it off the knit surprisingly has enough give without me thinking I will rip the sleeve at the seam. Goes to show how nicely it is made.
Probably will pick up the electric blue knit and 2 hats and be done with Ervell for F/W 12
Outerwear only on steep discount though I do want that UniqloxUU fleece jacket look-alike
- *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › End of Bills Khakis 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Two great F/W wool ties: Drake's and Breuer 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?