Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:45 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 27
Styleforum Top Pickspost #392 of 28789/27/12 at 1:21ampost #393 of 28789/27/12 at 10:47pmpost #394 of 28789/28/12 at 2:06pmpost #395 of 28789/28/12 at 2:51pmGot to the sample sale at about 12:20 today. No line. Would have arrived earlier but was signing the lease on mt apartment.
Was pretty small and somewhat disappointingly not much older stuff, more importantly prices were somewhat higher than I'd anticipated. Shirts were 100+, sweaters 130+, pants 130-200+, blazers were 300+, outerwear ranged from 300-900. Best deal was hats for 69 each (i bought 2). Interestingly a lot of current season stuff. Good amount of runway samples, though few were super exciting, most things were size medium or xs i think...a lot of stuff was untagges most things either fit me or were too small...cool women's selection. Some beautiful accessories (bags, belts, hats) i didnt recognize...was pised at virtually no club collar shirts. One guy said maybe different stuff tomorrow, guy at the register said, same stuff. May go back, not sure yet. Oh yeah also bought a pocket sweater was 140. I felt i did well had fun though keep in mind it is pretty small, no ac, not super packed but busy. Dont think there were changing rooms (didnt ask just took off ma shirt):post #396 of 28789/28/12 at 2:57pm^ Did I see you?
Agreed that the sale was disappointing. Prices were really high. The backpacks were at retail price, lol.
By the time I arrived, only a 1-2 Smalls in outerwear were left. There was the blue mid-century shirt that was pretty nice ($110). Sweater selection was abysmal. Lots of polos (that purple was nice; lots of mediums in that, wonder why nobody copped).
Overall, meh unless you have a girl who rocks Ervell (women's selection > men's).
PS - Saw a couple of SFers, for sure, as well as some #menswear bloggers as well. I talked to one guy who had on an EG jacket; shout me out if you're on here.post #397 of 28789/28/12 at 3:05pmpost #398 of 28789/28/12 at 3:06pmX-post
what I ended up with through Suddenlee. Kind of want to ask them to go back tomorrow just to see. Pretty much hit the mark in terms of what I was looking for.
Was on the phone texting and sending photos back and forth with the shopper. Cool experience for sure being all the way out here in California.
Thought about kopping knit pocket sweater but the color was too dark. Wanted something different but the pocket sweater I was told was more gray than green. Almost picked up cap too but I was told only brown suede in the short brim. Will try my luck on the F/W 12 selection.
Overall I am please, just hoping to get it soon. Didn't want to look at pants since I probably don't fit any of them (thunder thighs syndrome) and I already picked up an outerwear earlier this season. I do have the Ervell F/W 11 bomber.
Hope the jacket in size 40 fits me as I'm usually a 38, 17.5/20" shoulder to chest measurement. Knit cardigan I got is size small.
Anyone see the Suddenlee shopper, j/w? She got there at like opening time. Shout out to Ericapost #399 of 28789/28/12 at 9:35pm
My mom went. Picked up a shawl collar jacket not sure if it was the one pictured above, she said its a tonal blue on blue but the collar is lighter than the jacket and a military sweater with grosgrain at the shoulders, anyone have pictures of either of those?? She was freaking out cz it was too hot in there, def wasn't a lot for a 42.post #400 of 28789/28/12 at 9:44pmpost #401 of 28789/28/12 at 9:44pmpost #402 of 28789/28/12 at 9:50pmpost #403 of 28789/29/12 at 4:38pmpost #404 of 28789/29/12 at 4:47pm
- *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 seconds ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones Handgrade Cowdray Boots. 10.5E UK. Dark brown... 53 seconds ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories