i have a hard time wearing my navy cadet, I feel like doesn't work well with indigo or black jeans, usually wear it with white jeans. Any suggestions?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:11 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 26post #376 of 29209/21/12 at 9:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #377 of 29209/21/12 at 9:54pmpost #378 of 29209/21/12 at 10:04pmpost #379 of 29209/21/12 at 10:25pmQuote:this bomber is so niceOriginally Posted by gettoasty
Patrik Ervell f/w 11 bomber
love this thing. probably 1 of the best outerwear piece i have seen and fits as intended. thinking of the varsity from this f/w 12 now. looks legit
when the baby first arrived
so as you can see IMO the jacket(s) are pretty versatile and wearable
size small, I'm 5'10 tops (probably closer to 5'9). Jacket is a bit tight in the shoulder nowadays but w/epost #380 of 29209/21/12 at 11:50pmQuote:
This can't be serious. You do know that navy (read: that specific cadet jacket) goes well with almost everything, right?post #381 of 29209/21/12 at 11:53pmpost #382 of 29209/24/12 at 2:08pmpost #383 of 29209/24/12 at 5:00pmpost #384 of 29209/24/12 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by BrokenGlass
couldn't help myself
Posted ImageQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
great, please post fit pic of the ervellQuote:Originally Posted by BrokenGlass
no shots on me but shot it for the webstore on our model
check the link in my sig for more... I'll probably throw a fit pic of it on me in a couple daysQuote:Originally Posted by home
is it just me or does the cupro (polyester anyone?) sleeves and the way they stack / crinkle kinda look shit?Quote:Originally Posted by aso2004
Sleeves are too long for the model.
If you maybe put some movement in that jacket, it could be ace and make the stacking hardly noticeable...Quote:Originally Posted by BrokenGlass
cupro linedQuote:Originally Posted by Fycus
not to mention the ribbing looks like shit (imo). I love ervell and his ingenuity but his stuff often falls flat in these areas. Good ideas on paper, doesn't look great in person.Quote:Originally Posted by home
^ yeah and the fit often pretty awkward unless you're shit short.Quote:Originally Posted by BrokenGlass
his silhouette is pretty classic, he cuts his pants with a medium high rise so his cropped outerwear and some knits hit just at the waist band.... as for being shit short to wear it? his shirting / suiting / pants all run longQuote:Originally Posted by home
^ shirts / suits almost by default 'run long'. i'm talking tops - jackets, knitwear, etc.
as a case in point, a medium in the above bomber has an overall length of less than 60cm. that shit cray. anyone over 6', as many 48s are, will struggle to not have this continually rise above their belt-line.
patrik needs to get back to basics - this was not a problem with his collections 2+ years ago. no wonder we're getting nigh on full runs on gilt..Quote:Originally Posted by veni vidi vici
ervell with "movement"Quote:Originally Posted by Denton
collegiate jacket hits at my waist, sleeves are too long, ultra baggy, and the elastic waistband makes me look like a hunchback
so i wear it all the time obviouslyQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
re: ervell backlash
Posted ImagePosted Image
I love me some ervellQuote:Originally Posted by SteveC
have you tried it on in person? if you are by M&S you should introduce yourself.
The thing about Ervell is that it dosen't work for every body type, but when it does work, it works magically and the details really fall into place.
The ribbing is a little loose and soft, but imo using cupro for the ribbing creates a nice and cool feel to the skin that is not often found in varsity styles.post #385 of 29209/24/12 at 5:23pmpost #386 of 29209/24/12 at 5:24pmpost #387 of 29209/25/12 at 7:36ampost #388 of 29209/25/12 at 12:00pmpost #389 of 29209/25/12 at 12:20pm
- *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Currently, there are 1645 Active Users (421 Members and 1224 Guests)
- › Cars We Drive! 50 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 51 seconds ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Silk Scarfs for men? ... Help 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...