Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on 11/25/15 at 10:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: KnitwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 143post #2131 of 28784/17/14 at 5:56am^nice choice, similarly I like the doc martens 3989 as a slightly chunkier alternative to the postmans. but the postmans are really great and super versatile. don't mind the shine (it's not so so glossy but I think it's nice actually) and I also do like how they look beat up. may want to use shoe trees though if the wrinknling bothers you. I don't.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2132 of 28784/17/14 at 7:10amQuote:
I'm a ~35" chest / XS in Uniqlo tops - last fall's pocket sweater in XS fits really well in the sleeves but tight in the body. Size S is sorta slouchy in S through the body but a little baggy in the sleeves. I wish I could combine the sleeves of XS with the body of S, but I'll keep the latter since that's a much more comfortable fit.post #2133 of 28784/17/14 at 6:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by death shot
I feel the same way. I actually really like the way Solovair Gibsons look with the Ervell aesthetic, especially if they have a commando sole. They age well...
The first two are pics I posted a while back as I received the wrong size and had to sell... The second are a pair that I have in my crosshairs...
those are really nice. are they both the same shoe / gibsons? best place to kop?post #2134 of 28784/17/14 at 6:15pmpost #2135 of 28784/18/14 at 5:06ampost #2136 of 28784/18/14 at 6:32amQuote:
Yeah, they're both Gibsons. The first pair have the normal Gibson sole and blind eyelets. The second have a commando sole and nickel (i think) eyelets.
It would be really great if they had a pair with commando sole/blind eyelets.
As far as where to get Solovairs, unfortunately you have to get them from England. A simple google will show you a few official online shops, most notably britboot.
I really love Solovairs. People have said they are of a higher quality than Martens and some say there is no difference. I feel that they are a step up and the leather on my Hawkins boots is much better than any Martens I've ever owned. If you're interested in their history it is worth a read.
Edit: Unfortunately the pics on britboot are less than flattering. The pics on http://www.aircushionboot.com/ do better justice.
Here's the monkey boot (I have a pair in oxblood. Pretty sick...)post #2137 of 28784/18/14 at 7:30am
I have solovair gibsons, too, and I like them a lot although I don't think they're a huge step up from standard docs. Unfortunate that all of these shoes use mediocre leather--I feel like the 1460s I wore in the mid 90s were nicer, but wtf did I know I was 14.
Wish I could find some horsehair laces like Ervell used. Still mad at Bows for not selling me his samples!!
Mine (via yoox)post #2138 of 28784/18/14 at 7:38ampost #2139 of 28784/22/14 at 4:45ampost #2140 of 28784/22/14 at 11:16ampost #2141 of 28784/22/14 at 11:44ampost #2142 of 28784/24/14 at 7:49ampost #2143 of 28784/24/14 at 8:11ampost #2144 of 28784/24/14 at 8:21ampost #2145 of 28784/24/14 at 8:30am
- *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... just now
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 48 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 11 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 14 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories