Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Today at 3:16 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 9/24/15 at 2:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 143post #2131 of 28244/17/14 at 5:56am^nice choice, similarly I like the doc martens 3989 as a slightly chunkier alternative to the postmans. but the postmans are really great and super versatile. don't mind the shine (it's not so so glossy but I think it's nice actually) and I also do like how they look beat up. may want to use shoe trees though if the wrinknling bothers you. I don't.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2132 of 28244/17/14 at 7:10amQuote:
I'm a ~35" chest / XS in Uniqlo tops - last fall's pocket sweater in XS fits really well in the sleeves but tight in the body. Size S is sorta slouchy in S through the body but a little baggy in the sleeves. I wish I could combine the sleeves of XS with the body of S, but I'll keep the latter since that's a much more comfortable fit.post #2133 of 28244/17/14 at 6:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by death shot
I feel the same way. I actually really like the way Solovair Gibsons look with the Ervell aesthetic, especially if they have a commando sole. They age well...
The first two are pics I posted a while back as I received the wrong size and had to sell... The second are a pair that I have in my crosshairs...
those are really nice. are they both the same shoe / gibsons? best place to kop?post #2134 of 28244/17/14 at 6:15pmpost #2135 of 28244/18/14 at 5:06ampost #2136 of 28244/18/14 at 6:32amQuote:
Yeah, they're both Gibsons. The first pair have the normal Gibson sole and blind eyelets. The second have a commando sole and nickel (i think) eyelets.
It would be really great if they had a pair with commando sole/blind eyelets.
As far as where to get Solovairs, unfortunately you have to get them from England. A simple google will show you a few official online shops, most notably britboot.
I really love Solovairs. People have said they are of a higher quality than Martens and some say there is no difference. I feel that they are a step up and the leather on my Hawkins boots is much better than any Martens I've ever owned. If you're interested in their history it is worth a read.
Edit: Unfortunately the pics on britboot are less than flattering. The pics on http://www.aircushionboot.com/ do better justice.
Here's the monkey boot (I have a pair in oxblood. Pretty sick...)post #2137 of 28244/18/14 at 7:30am
I have solovair gibsons, too, and I like them a lot although I don't think they're a huge step up from standard docs. Unfortunate that all of these shoes use mediocre leather--I feel like the 1460s I wore in the mid 90s were nicer, but wtf did I know I was 14.
Wish I could find some horsehair laces like Ervell used. Still mad at Bows for not selling me his samples!!
Mine (via yoox)post #2138 of 28244/18/14 at 7:38ampost #2139 of 28244/22/14 at 4:45ampost #2140 of 28244/22/14 at 11:16ampost #2141 of 28244/22/14 at 11:44ampost #2142 of 28244/24/14 at 7:49ampost #2143 of 28244/24/14 at 8:11ampost #2144 of 28244/24/14 at 8:21ampost #2145 of 28244/24/14 at 8:30am
- *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn Outerwear
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 29 seconds ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 36 seconds ago
- › Men's shirt with silver tasles 52 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 54 seconds ago
- › Official 2015-2016 college football thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › Reigning Champ Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What shoe to buy on AE sale (and use for interview)? 3 minutes ago
- › Adiciannoveventitre A1923 boots s42 4 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...