Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on 9/24/16 at 11:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Lacoste 100% Cashmere Sweater. Size 7 (XL) and NWT Last post on 7/13/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Lacoste 100% Cashmere V Neck Sweater. Size 7 (XL) and NWT. Last post on 7/13/16 at 5:31am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Horween LeatherLast edited: 2/16/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 143post #2131 of 30114/17/14 at 5:56am^nice choice, similarly I like the doc martens 3989 as a slightly chunkier alternative to the postmans. but the postmans are really great and super versatile. don't mind the shine (it's not so so glossy but I think it's nice actually) and I also do like how they look beat up. may want to use shoe trees though if the wrinknling bothers you. I don't.post #2132 of 30114/17/14 at 7:10amQuote:
I'm a ~35" chest / XS in Uniqlo tops - last fall's pocket sweater in XS fits really well in the sleeves but tight in the body. Size S is sorta slouchy in S through the body but a little baggy in the sleeves. I wish I could combine the sleeves of XS with the body of S, but I'll keep the latter since that's a much more comfortable fit.post #2133 of 30114/17/14 at 6:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by death shot
I feel the same way. I actually really like the way Solovair Gibsons look with the Ervell aesthetic, especially if they have a commando sole. They age well...
The first two are pics I posted a while back as I received the wrong size and had to sell... The second are a pair that I have in my crosshairs...
those are really nice. are they both the same shoe / gibsons? best place to kop?post #2134 of 30114/17/14 at 6:15pmpost #2135 of 30114/18/14 at 5:06ampost #2136 of 30114/18/14 at 6:32amQuote:
Yeah, they're both Gibsons. The first pair have the normal Gibson sole and blind eyelets. The second have a commando sole and nickel (i think) eyelets.
It would be really great if they had a pair with commando sole/blind eyelets.
As far as where to get Solovairs, unfortunately you have to get them from England. A simple google will show you a few official online shops, most notably britboot.
I really love Solovairs. People have said they are of a higher quality than Martens and some say there is no difference. I feel that they are a step up and the leather on my Hawkins boots is much better than any Martens I've ever owned. If you're interested in their history it is worth a read.
Edit: Unfortunately the pics on britboot are less than flattering. The pics on http://www.aircushionboot.com/ do better justice.
Here's the monkey boot (I have a pair in oxblood. Pretty sick...)post #2137 of 30114/18/14 at 7:30am
I have solovair gibsons, too, and I like them a lot although I don't think they're a huge step up from standard docs. Unfortunate that all of these shoes use mediocre leather--I feel like the 1460s I wore in the mid 90s were nicer, but wtf did I know I was 14.
Wish I could find some horsehair laces like Ervell used. Still mad at Bows for not selling me his samples!!
Mine (via yoox)post #2138 of 30114/18/14 at 7:38ampost #2139 of 30114/22/14 at 4:45ampost #2140 of 30114/22/14 at 11:16ampost #2141 of 30114/22/14 at 11:44ampost #2142 of 30114/24/14 at 7:49ampost #2143 of 30114/24/14 at 8:11ampost #2144 of 30114/24/14 at 8:21ampost #2145 of 30114/24/14 at 8:30am
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 12 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 37 seconds ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 10 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE: MYSELF WHEN MY WALL IS REAL (SEPTEMBER 26 to... 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...