or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 135

post #2011 of 2325
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothsomesound View Post

ey fools. as most yall already know, once the sample sale starts, the sale section on the webstore comes down, and it doesn't come back. this is your last chance. kopp with teh swiftness. foo.gif

are prices usually not as good, or the same as now?
post #2012 of 2325
I think it kind of varies item to item. Some of the prices are pretty similar, some (especially the true samples) are at a steeper discount. This is all from my limited experience using proxies though, others might have more information
post #2013 of 2325
people have reported 40% off retail do not know how to do math. everything is at 60% off retail or more. some things gets cut as the weekend goes.

more importantly, the best thing about the sample sales is seeing all of the stuff at once, you begin to understand the ideas behind the brand a little better. also runway samples, prototypes, weir done offs and things that didn't make it into the full collection are all available. lots of treasures. I've found many of my favorite pieces this way.
post #2014 of 2325
So will the stock be just what's on the webstore sale section (at cheaper prices) plus sample items (which are usually a sz S) correct? I shouldn't any magical appearances of any pocket sweaters in size XL?
post #2015 of 2325
sample items are all mediums and 32s. sometimes int the sampling process things come out a little smaller or a little bigger than intended. there will be older deadstock stuff too...
post #2016 of 2325
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothsomesound View Post

people have reported 40% off retail do not know how to do math. everything is at 60% off retail or more. some things gets cut as the weekend goes.

more importantly, the best thing about the sample sales is seeing all of the stuff at once, you begin to understand the ideas behind the brand a little better. also runway samples, prototypes, weir done offs and things that didn't make it into the full collection are all available. lots of treasures. I've found many of my favorite pieces this way.

I wouldn't say that everything is at 60% off or more--I remember at the last one that there were definitely a lot of things (shirts, knits, outerwear) that was 40-50% off. But you're definitely right about the cool/wacky sample stuff that don't make it into stores.

post #2017 of 2325
proxy anyone?
post #2018 of 2325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetB View Post

^ Sounds like the deals might not be that mind-blowing, based on comments about September's sale. A lot of 40% off stuff supposedly.

I wish I could wear more Ervell stuff but as a tall guy I'll just have to admire from afar.

things will be less expensive than last season's sample sale
post #2019 of 2325
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmamy View Post

I wouldn't say that everything is at 60% off or more--I remember at the last one that there were definitely a lot of things (shirts, knits, outerwear) that was 40-50% off. But you're definitely right about the cool/wacky sample stuff that don't make it into stores.

too true, drew—and there's a lot lot lot at the sale this season. absolutely worth stopping in if you slept on something from a previous season or want a favorite in a fabric or colorway that never made it to production. also lots of nice sample pieces from ss14 available.
post #2020 of 2325
Debating if worth bothering Suddenlee. I need boring basics for work.
post #2021 of 2325
^Kamakura got you covered for shirts...There's better basics if you want to stay within CM. Leave the SW&D casual wear for the weekend wink.gif
post #2022 of 2325
Anybody definitely going? Not looking for a proxy per-se, just want to see if they have something in stock before I set up a suddenlee proxy. Don't want to have to send them $25 just to tell me the thing I want isn't there (which it likely will not).
post #2023 of 2325
For those with experience with both this season's pocket sweater and shawl cardigan, I have read and it appears those who own both took the same size. I was just curious as to whether the fit of the cardigan (particularly in the chest and waist) was cut as slim as the pocket sweater or if it was cut a bit more loose to allow room for layering over say a button down?

This season's pocket sweater in small was a bit too fitted for my liking so I would have preferred to size up to a medium (but I couldn't find any available when I was looking), but I'm not sure if I should stick with a small in the cardigan or size up.
post #2024 of 2325
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

^Kamakura got you covered for shirts...There's better basics if you want to stay within CM. Leave the SW&D casual wear for the weekend wink.gif

Their pants are pretty nice as I recall.
post #2025 of 2325
Sale stuff off website, thankfully still had link

Ended up getting the green formal pants as it wasn't worth risking it for suddenlee to find it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***