are prices usually not as good, or the same as now?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 2:56am in Streetwear and Denim
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 135
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2012 of 29202/18/14 at 12:16pmpost #2013 of 29202/18/14 at 3:07pmpeople have reported 40% off retail do not know how to do math. everything is at 60% off retail or more. some things gets cut as the weekend goes.
more importantly, the best thing about the sample sales is seeing all of the stuff at once, you begin to understand the ideas behind the brand a little better. also runway samples, prototypes, weir done offs and things that didn't make it into the full collection are all available. lots of treasures. I've found many of my favorite pieces this way.post #2014 of 29202/18/14 at 3:20pmpost #2015 of 29202/18/14 at 4:18pmpost #2016 of 29202/18/14 at 4:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by toothsomesound
people have reported 40% off retail do not know how to do math. everything is at 60% off retail or more. some things gets cut as the weekend goes.
more importantly, the best thing about the sample sales is seeing all of the stuff at once, you begin to understand the ideas behind the brand a little better. also runway samples, prototypes, weir done offs and things that didn't make it into the full collection are all available. lots of treasures. I've found many of my favorite pieces this way.
I wouldn't say that everything is at 60% off or more--I remember at the last one that there were definitely a lot of things (shirts, knits, outerwear) that was 40-50% off. But you're definitely right about the cool/wacky sample stuff that don't make it into stores.post #2017 of 29202/19/14 at 12:06pmpost #2018 of 29202/19/14 at 9:21pmQuote:
things will be less expensive than last season's sample salepost #2019 of 29202/19/14 at 9:26pmQuote:
too true, drew—and there's a lot lot lot at the sale this season. absolutely worth stopping in if you slept on something from a previous season or want a favorite in a fabric or colorway that never made it to production. also lots of nice sample pieces from ss14 available.post #2020 of 29202/19/14 at 9:49pmpost #2021 of 29202/19/14 at 10:00pmpost #2022 of 29202/20/14 at 6:04ampost #2023 of 29202/20/14 at 9:13amFor those with experience with both this season's pocket sweater and shawl cardigan, I have read and it appears those who own both took the same size. I was just curious as to whether the fit of the cardigan (particularly in the chest and waist) was cut as slim as the pocket sweater or if it was cut a bit more loose to allow room for layering over say a button down?
This season's pocket sweater in small was a bit too fitted for my liking so I would have preferred to size up to a medium (but I couldn't find any available when I was looking), but I'm not sure if I should stick with a small in the cardigan or size up.post #2024 of 29202/20/14 at 1:25pm
- *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Viberg Boots 45 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 46 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 50 seconds ago
- › Loominous "Bleeding" Madras GMTO: A Classic! 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › The beginnings of a shoe collection 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...