How much do the selvedge jeans really stretch? I wear a 30 in Acne, but it has a decent amount of extra room in the waist. I'm trying to decide whether to cop the medium stonewash in 26 and pray that it stretches enough or the light stonewash in 29. If anyone knows where to pick up the medium stonewash in a more appropriate size I'd appreciate it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:11 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 115post #1711 of 292012/27/13 at 6:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1712 of 292012/28/13 at 5:38pm
I have my eyes on the charcoal unstructured blazer...I'm about a 41.5 ptp and somewhere between 18.25-18.5 shoulder to shoulder. My gut is to grab a size 42 but the website's shoulder measurements for that size are 17.75...the 44 has a shoulder size of 18.25 but with a ptp of 45.5, too large for me. Can anyone with similar size deets as mine with experience with the unstructured blazer chime in?post #1713 of 292012/29/13 at 9:42ampost #1714 of 292012/29/13 at 1:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by jm22
I have my eyes on the charcoal unstructured blazer...I'm about a 41.5 ptp and somewhere between 18.25-18.5 shoulder to shoulder. My gut is to grab a size 42 but the website's shoulder measurements for that size are 17.75...the 44 has a shoulder size of 18.25 but with a ptp of 45.5, too large for me. Can anyone with similar size deets as mine with experience with the unstructured blazer chime in?
just fyi, I'm a 48 (eu) and took a 42 for the SS13 versionpost #1715 of 292012/29/13 at 1:56pmpost #1716 of 292012/29/13 at 2:10pmpost #1717 of 292012/29/13 at 4:50pmpost #1718 of 292012/30/13 at 1:37pmpost #1719 of 29201/1/14 at 4:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by triton
Would anyone who has bought or tried on this season's lightweight pocket sweater care to comment on quality and/or fit?
I've read that you need to take a size up from your size in the regular pocket sweater, and the measurements on the site seem to indicate this, but Ervell customer support suggested I take the same size in both which has left me a little confused.Quote:
Reason I asked is that according to the Ervell webstore the sizing has changed this season - whereas they previously recommended sizing up they now suggest going TTS. As a size large following this advice would mean ordering a sweater with a 19.5" pit to pit which I can't really get my head around.
Have looked back through the thread but can't see anything on this - anyone who's bought this season's model care to comment?post #1720 of 29201/1/14 at 9:43pmFWIW, I have a regular pocket sweater and some mock-neck sweatshirts in XS from a few years back that fit well; I got a lightweight pocket sweater in XS from this season and I did find it to be a bit too small for my liking. However, the sweater also fits quite slim on the model in the webstore pics, so that is probably the intention. Depends on how you prefer your sweaters to fit. The sweater might also stretch out a bit over time. YMMV etc. The webstore measurements were accurate for size XS, by the way. I just didn't pay much attention to them when I ordered.post #1721 of 29201/2/14 at 10:27ampost #1722 of 29201/2/14 at 10:48ampost #1723 of 29201/2/14 at 10:49ampost #1724 of 29201/2/14 at 10:51am
- *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...