Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Today at 9:30 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Lacoste 100% Cashmere Sweater. Size 7 (XL) and NWT Last post on 7/13/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Lacoste 100% Cashmere V Neck Sweater. Size 7 (XL) and NWT. Last post on 7/13/16 at 5:31am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Horween LeatherLast edited: 2/16/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 108post #1606 of 303011/29/13 at 4:42pmpost #1607 of 303011/29/13 at 8:26pmpost #1608 of 303011/29/13 at 8:36pmpost #1609 of 303011/29/13 at 9:17pmpost #1610 of 303011/29/13 at 9:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by toothsomesound
the unstructured blazers are really good. i have the black cotton from ss13 and it's one of my favorite things. i think it takes a kind of nuanced view though. it's like, that kind of dumb trotted out idea you'd read in gq or details about like having something you can wear in multiple situations, smash in a bag, take out and wear wrinkled up or steam or press and wear to a dinner and still look sharp as fuck. but i'd say really, wear it with faded jeans, a casual button up (silk if you have one, or something a little boxier), or wear it with a t-shirt or thinner sweater underneath. i usually pop the collar and when i'm feeling bored wear it with voluminous pants.
i would try to seek one out in person, especially if you've never seen a nice unstructured blazer in person before. they just feel so nice to slip on, they have none of the bulkiness or stiffness of a traditional blazer. imagine a really nicely structural cardigan with lined sleeves, hip pockets, a secret internal pocket and a lapel. that's sort of what you're dealing with. the emerald wool and cotton fabric is also super beautiful and versatile. if you want something more muted (although I htink the emerald is about as subdued as a green can get) the charcoal is almost black.
I second this. I have the SS2013 unstructured blazer in navy and it's become one of my favourite things to wear. The photos you see online don't do it justice - it looks much better in person. And it feels fucking great, too. Heh.post #1611 of 303011/29/13 at 9:46pmHas anyone given the light or regular stonewash selvege jeans a try yet and care to offer your thoughts on sizing? I took a 32 in all PE jeans in past seasons, but the I keep seeing the size down one from usual Ervell pant sizing due to stretch, but I always take that warning with some caution as it doesn't mean thighs will fit. Would I be a 31 or should I stick with 32??post #1612 of 303011/29/13 at 9:52pm
The quilted hoody fits TTS, so I'm guessing the sweatshirt does too. I got the black zip-up hoody in M, and I'm a M in everything else Ervell apart from some of the slimmer pocket sweaters, and this fit spot on. But a grail just popped up and I need to free up some funds, so if anyone is interested in this let me know and you can have it for the 30% sale price + tax. Wanted to let anyone here have a chance to grab it before I just return to the store. It is very nice--very hefty, thick material.
Also echo earlier opinions about the unstructured blazers. So nice, can be worn in pretty much any setting with anything. Fits pretty slim though so I had to go for the 42 even though I'm usually a 40 chest.post #1613 of 303011/30/13 at 12:04amtonio, for the selvedge as with alot ofl ervell stuff, it depends how you want it to fit. size down 1 if you want to do the kind of standard slimmer fit that over about a day to a day and a half of wear will break into a really nice still slim but slouchy look. or buy your regular size and they'll feel pretty slouchy pretty fast but will also continue to expand and then you may need a belt and have some more excess fabric then I think sf is usually looking for. can look cool. i don't take you for one for one of those guys that are overly sensitive about their thighs so i'd say go for the 31.post #1614 of 303011/30/13 at 1:51amQuote:Originally Posted by tonio028
Has anyone given the light or regular stonewash selvege jeans a try yet and care to offer your thoughts on sizing? I took a 32 in all PE jeans in past seasons, but the I keep seeing the size down one from usual Ervell pant sizing due to stretch, but I always take that warning with some caution as it doesn't mean thighs will fit. Would I be a 31 or should I stick with 32??
Ok; glad you ask. I'm pretty sure i'm 32 in his 'summer jeans' from SS13 (I bought a 30 which was a bit too small, I ended up selling it). For the selvage jeans I went with the suggestion to size down and I'm so happy I did. My 30 has stretched a ton, to a point I'd consider it a 32-33 now. Fit from the waist down is still on point, I just can't wear them without a belt. FWIW I consider myself to have rather big thighs as well.post #1615 of 303011/30/13 at 7:07ampost #1616 of 303011/30/13 at 7:08ampost #1617 of 303011/30/13 at 3:06pmpost #1618 of 303011/30/13 at 6:06pmpost #1619 of 303012/1/13 at 2:33am
I got some PM's about the measurements of the jeans so here goes.
A: 16.5" (I pulled the waist flat when taking the measurement, front and back were pretty much aligned)
C: 10.6" (actually measured on the other leg)
This is a size 30 after about 20-25 wears. As you can see on the website these run pretty short. I'm 6 ft 1", 159 pounds and they fit me like this
hope this helpspost #1620 of 303012/1/13 at 4:43amQuote:
The international rate was $99 when I tried to check out just now. It goes without saying there is absolutely no way I can afford as much.
I sent them an email to ask what the deal is. Will let you know what I hear back.
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 12 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › 8UK - Makers Cigar Horween Shell Cordovan V-Tips - Shipped Worldwide 18 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 26 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...