Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Today at 6:55 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 7:15 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 8/29/15 at 9:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 108
Styleforum Top Picks
the unstructured blazers are really good. i have the black cotton from ss13 and it's one of my favorite things. i think it takes a kind of nuanced view though. it's like, that kind of dumb trotted out idea you'd read in gq or details about like having something you can wear in multiple situations, smash in a bag, take out and wear wrinkled up or steam or press and wear to a dinner and still look sharp as fuck. but i'd say really, wear it with faded jeans, a casual button up (silk if you have one, or something a little boxier), or wear it with a t-shirt or thinner sweater underneath. i usually pop the collar and when i'm feeling bored wear it with voluminous pants.
i would try to seek one out in person, especially if you've never seen a nice unstructured blazer in person before. they just feel so nice to slip on, they have none of the bulkiness or stiffness of a traditional blazer. imagine a really nicely structural cardigan with lined sleeves, hip pockets, a secret internal pocket and a lapel. that's sort of what you're dealing with. the emerald wool and cotton fabric is also super beautiful and versatile. if you want something more muted (although I htink the emerald is about as subdued as a green can get) the charcoal is almost black.
I second this. I have the SS2013 unstructured blazer in navy and it's become one of my favourite things to wear. The photos you see online don't do it justice - it looks much better in person. And it feels fucking great, too. Heh.
The quilted hoody fits TTS, so I'm guessing the sweatshirt does too. I got the black zip-up hoody in M, and I'm a M in everything else Ervell apart from some of the slimmer pocket sweaters, and this fit spot on. But a grail just popped up and I need to free up some funds, so if anyone is interested in this let me know and you can have it for the 30% sale price + tax. Wanted to let anyone here have a chance to grab it before I just return to the store. It is very nice--very hefty, thick material.
Also echo earlier opinions about the unstructured blazers. So nice, can be worn in pretty much any setting with anything. Fits pretty slim though so I had to go for the 42 even though I'm usually a 40 chest.
Has anyone given the light or regular stonewash selvege jeans a try yet and care to offer your thoughts on sizing? I took a 32 in all PE jeans in past seasons, but the I keep seeing the size down one from usual Ervell pant sizing due to stretch, but I always take that warning with some caution as it doesn't mean thighs will fit. Would I be a 31 or should I stick with 32??
Ok; glad you ask. I'm pretty sure i'm 32 in his 'summer jeans' from SS13 (I bought a 30 which was a bit too small, I ended up selling it). For the selvage jeans I went with the suggestion to size down and I'm so happy I did. My 30 has stretched a ton, to a point I'd consider it a 32-33 now. Fit from the waist down is still on point, I just can't wear them without a belt. FWIW I consider myself to have rather big thighs as well.
I got some PM's about the measurements of the jeans so here goes.
A: 16.5" (I pulled the waist flat when taking the measurement, front and back were pretty much aligned)
C: 10.6" (actually measured on the other leg)
This is a size 30 after about 20-25 wears. As you can see on the website these run pretty short. I'm 6 ft 1", 159 pounds and they fit me like this
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
hope this helps
The international rate was $99 when I tried to check out just now. It goes without saying there is absolutely no way I can afford as much.
I sent them an email to ask what the deal is. Will let you know what I hear back.
- *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 15 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 6 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015