Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Today at 7:19 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 11:03 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on Today at 2:53 pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 76
Styleforum Top Picks
fwiw the medium I got from s/s 13 is different enough that it pulls some in the chest when my shoulders are back and probably means that I'm now between sizes.
Based on the latest suede varsity on the Ervell site, there an inch off the chest, half off the arms and half off the back length. I'm pretty sure the drop in body and arms would be beneficial, but am concerned about the back length losing anything. The L sits just slightly below my belt line as it is with my arms by my side.
Thoughts? Does anyone know if the sizing provided on this years Varsity are the same as last years?
Edited by elisiX - 4/21/13 at 5:24am
Everything doesn't have to be a "perfect" fit. Without sounding like a douche, I guess this comes with the #menswear mentality.
It's a baseball jacket. They're not meant to fit super slim and yours really shouldn't be any shorter than it already is. That would make it look too small. I've got a 41 chest and have a similar style jacket with a 23.5 chest measurement and it fits good.
I forgot to mention that I had already decided to keep the jacket on Friday, however I noticed the M today which got me thinking about 'tightening' up the fit a little. As mentioned however, any shorter and it will likely be too short perhaps. I tend to not wear particularly high waisted trousers/denim which might make the shorter M more of an issue.
I did recently buy 2 pairs of Lanvin chinos which sit much higher than my denim / other chinos, so once I get them taken up a little, I think they will work nicely with this jacket. The Lanvin chinos are more tailored than my other chinos which I wear a lot. This are the Lanvin chinos below.
Although it would look good this way as well, disagree that it does not look good with collared shirt.
- *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- › What wallet do you use? 26 seconds ago
- › Tom Ford shirt 2 minutes ago
- › Clarks Desert Boots 3 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 6 minutes ago
- › What is the Retail Price for a Tom Ford Blazer and Scarf ?? 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 19 minutes ago
- › leonard logsdail bespoke 22 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 23 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...