Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 2:56am in Streetwear and Denim
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Streetweat & Denim Last post on 2/15/15 at 8:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- Engineered Garments SS15 Last post on 10/26/15 at 3:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 76post #1126 of 29194/18/13 at 3:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1127 of 29194/18/13 at 7:01pmpost #1128 of 29194/19/13 at 2:05pmQuote:
fwiw the medium I got from s/s 13 is different enough that it pulls some in the chest when my shoulders are back and probably means that I'm now between sizes.post #1129 of 29194/21/13 at 4:45amThe only issue I seem to be having with the varsity I posted above is the size in the body (particularly the armpit/corner of chest). It's not bad, but it could certainly be slimmer. I just noticed this one, NwT on here for sale in M. Mines an L. http://www.styleforum.net/t/336380/nwt-patrik-ervell-boiled-wool-varsity-m
Based on the latest suede varsity on the Ervell site, there an inch off the chest, half off the arms and half off the back length. I'm pretty sure the drop in body and arms would be beneficial, but am concerned about the back length losing anything. The L sits just slightly below my belt line as it is with my arms by my side.
Thoughts? Does anyone know if the sizing provided on this years Varsity are the same as last years?
Edited by elisiX - 4/21/13 at 5:24ampost #1130 of 29194/21/13 at 5:48amKeep it. I def wouldn't size down based on your pics.
Everything doesn't have to be a "perfect" fit. Without sounding like a douche, I guess this comes with the #menswear mentality.
It's a baseball jacket. They're not meant to fit super slim and yours really shouldn't be any shorter than it already is. That would make it look too small. I've got a 41 chest and have a similar style jacket with a 23.5 chest measurement and it fits good.post #1131 of 29194/21/13 at 5:55amWith that said, make sure you're ok with the fit. I've tried convincing myself things fit before when they felt off in certain aspects and it never works out. If you don't like how it fits, return it. You've finally done something right, but if you can't own the piece mentally, then it won't look good on you because you won't be comfortable and that shows through a lot more in real life than pictures on the internet.post #1132 of 29194/21/13 at 6:12am
I forgot to mention that I had already decided to keep the jacket on Friday, however I noticed the M today which got me thinking about 'tightening' up the fit a little. As mentioned however, any shorter and it will likely be too short perhaps. I tend to not wear particularly high waisted trousers/denim which might make the shorter M more of an issue.
I did recently buy 2 pairs of Lanvin chinos which sit much higher than my denim / other chinos, so once I get them taken up a little, I think they will work nicely with this jacket. The Lanvin chinos are more tailored than my other chinos which I wear a lot. This are the Lanvin chinos below.post #1133 of 29194/22/13 at 7:55ampost #1134 of 29194/23/13 at 9:41pmpost #1135 of 29194/23/13 at 11:27pmpost #1136 of 29194/24/13 at 12:05ampost #1137 of 29194/24/13 at 7:29ampost #1138 of 29194/24/13 at 7:49ampost #1139 of 29194/24/13 at 9:46ampost #1140 of 29194/24/13 at 11:30amI heard he makes clothes that I really enjoy haha. That was certainly random.Quote:
Although it would look good this way as well, disagree that it does not look good with collared shirt.
- *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 53 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 4 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Grinder 10 minutes ago
- › Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 12 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...