Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Uniqlo Thread Last post on Today at 12:44 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Lacoste 100% Cashmere Sweater. Size 7 (XL) and NWT Last post on 7/13/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Lacoste 100% Cashmere V Neck Sweater. Size 7 (XL) and NWT. Last post on 7/13/16 at 5:31am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Horween LeatherLast edited: 2/16/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** - Page 76post #1126 of 30114/18/13 at 3:48pmpost #1127 of 30114/18/13 at 7:01pmpost #1128 of 30114/19/13 at 2:05pmQuote:
fwiw the medium I got from s/s 13 is different enough that it pulls some in the chest when my shoulders are back and probably means that I'm now between sizes.post #1129 of 30114/21/13 at 4:45amThe only issue I seem to be having with the varsity I posted above is the size in the body (particularly the armpit/corner of chest). It's not bad, but it could certainly be slimmer. I just noticed this one, NwT on here for sale in M. Mines an L. http://www.styleforum.net/t/336380/nwt-patrik-ervell-boiled-wool-varsity-m
Based on the latest suede varsity on the Ervell site, there an inch off the chest, half off the arms and half off the back length. I'm pretty sure the drop in body and arms would be beneficial, but am concerned about the back length losing anything. The L sits just slightly below my belt line as it is with my arms by my side.
Thoughts? Does anyone know if the sizing provided on this years Varsity are the same as last years?
Edited by elisiX - 4/21/13 at 5:24ampost #1130 of 30114/21/13 at 5:48amKeep it. I def wouldn't size down based on your pics.
Everything doesn't have to be a "perfect" fit. Without sounding like a douche, I guess this comes with the #menswear mentality.
It's a baseball jacket. They're not meant to fit super slim and yours really shouldn't be any shorter than it already is. That would make it look too small. I've got a 41 chest and have a similar style jacket with a 23.5 chest measurement and it fits good.post #1131 of 30114/21/13 at 5:55amWith that said, make sure you're ok with the fit. I've tried convincing myself things fit before when they felt off in certain aspects and it never works out. If you don't like how it fits, return it. You've finally done something right, but if you can't own the piece mentally, then it won't look good on you because you won't be comfortable and that shows through a lot more in real life than pictures on the internet.post #1132 of 30114/21/13 at 6:12am
I forgot to mention that I had already decided to keep the jacket on Friday, however I noticed the M today which got me thinking about 'tightening' up the fit a little. As mentioned however, any shorter and it will likely be too short perhaps. I tend to not wear particularly high waisted trousers/denim which might make the shorter M more of an issue.
I did recently buy 2 pairs of Lanvin chinos which sit much higher than my denim / other chinos, so once I get them taken up a little, I think they will work nicely with this jacket. The Lanvin chinos are more tailored than my other chinos which I wear a lot. This are the Lanvin chinos below.post #1133 of 30114/22/13 at 7:55ampost #1134 of 30114/23/13 at 9:41pmpost #1135 of 30114/23/13 at 11:27pmpost #1136 of 30114/24/13 at 12:05ampost #1137 of 30114/24/13 at 7:29ampost #1138 of 30114/24/13 at 7:49ampost #1139 of 30114/24/13 at 9:46ampost #1140 of 30114/24/13 at 11:30amI heard he makes clothes that I really enjoy haha. That was certainly random.Quote:
Although it would look good this way as well, disagree that it does not look good with collared shirt.
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Appropriate Desert Boots w/Suit 10 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 13 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 18 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 19 minutes ago
- › Vintage Brown Leather Cole Haan Oxford Shoes 8.5 US 19 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...